• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh lol

Engine Pokemon in the artwork
I figured in the first trailer they thing was alive. No one was driving it. Weird as hell though lol. Basically Pokemon’s version of Pixar’s Cars.

Anyway, klawf looks pretty neat, so do the armored Pokémon.

The designs this Gen are some of the strongest we’ve seen. Also Penny 100 percent is related to the boss of team Star.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, I don't know if I should get Scarlet or Violet....more version variants are making this harder with Gallade.

I could get the one with armor and cannon or the other with dual swords.....
Screenshot_20220907-082118_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220907-082128_YouTube.jpg

Dukefire

Smash Master
GameXplain has given us a 10 minute sneak peek for single player. As Splatoon 3 is arriving in 2 days.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Random question:

Does Netflix’s Teletubbies reboot look creepier than the original or is it just me?

For context:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Both Armarouge and Ceruledge instantly became my favorite new Pokemon from Scarlet and Violet so far. As that one Smashboards user who loves Gallade (very happy he's back in Scarlet/Violet; he's going on my story team as per tradition whenever the Ralts evolution line is catchable in the main story), their strong resemblance to my favorite Pokemon is what instantly made them stand out to me. They look the Fire-type and Ghost-type versions of him, and in a really appealing way!

I didn't think of the Megaman connection with Armarouge and Ceruledge when I first saw them compared to others, but I can see why some thought of that when looking at Armarouge's attack animation with its cannon arms. Still, I'm more reminded of Gallade when I look at those two new Pokemon.

I honestly thought either Armarouge and Ceruledge was "Paradox Gallade" from the leaked information so far because of their resemblance to him; well, more so Ceruledge because of its future aesthetic, but I kept my mind open to the thought. Seeing both of them makes me even more curious to how Paradox Gallade truly looks like.

To be honest, I equally love both Armarouge and Ceruledge design-wise that I'm not even sure which of the two I want to put on my story team to decide on what version to go with.

Great, this generation is continuing to make it hard for me to decide which version I will ultimately buy:

I really think which version I will buy will ultimately come down to how Paradox Gallade turns out.

I've heard all of the leaked information on it so far: that it resembles a combination of Gallade & Gardevoir, that it is a Fighting/Fairy-type, and that it will be exclusive to Violet.

The part that intrigues me about it the most is how it's design is said to be a combination of Gallade & Gardevoir, which would also explain its typing. To be honest, if it is supposed to be a combination of Gallade & Gardevoir, that doesn't sound like Gallade to me. Rather, it sounds like a different Pokemon entirely. However, if the leaks insist it's "Paradox Gallade" and not "Paradox Gardevoir", then I'm guessing that Paradox Pokemon is primarily the former rather than the latter, but it makes me dying to know how much "Paradox Gallade" will borrow from Gardevoir's design.

If Paradox Gallade turns out to have a design that doesn't stick out to me, then I will probably go for Pokemon Scarlet instead. Scarlet appeals to me because I prefer Koraidon to Miraidon despite warming up to the latter quite a lot recently, while Violet appeals to me because the purple aesthetic clicks with me more for its closer resemblance to blue (the purple aesthetic namely clicks with me more for the clothing of that game).

As for what else was revealed in that trailer:
  • Geeta's design gave me reverse vibes of Chairman Rose: whereas Rose made me think he didn't look evil at all but turned out to be the main villain of the game, Geeta looks like she could be the true villain but she looks like she will not be a villain.
  • Apparently there are "multiple champions" in Galar according to Geeta's description. I don't know why, but "multiple champions" made me think it sounds like an accurate description to real life to how many Pokemon fans/players are champions since we all beat the Pokemon Leagues of each game lol, so Geeta sounds like she fits the bill for the "real" Champion of this game, especially when they say she is "the most skilled trainer of all the Champions in Paldea."
  • Brassius looks cool. Looks like a dude who is good friends with Burgh from Unova, another Gym Leader who is a huge artist.
I initially saw him, Grusha, & the other leaked Gym Leaders from the first set of leaks a couple of months ago, and I honestly wasn't sure what type Brassius would specialize in when I first saw his image. Frankly, I thought that one female Gym Leader who looks like she'd be trimming bushes in the garden (the one with greenish hair and wearing a circular hat) was going to be the Grass-type Gym Leader, but in light of today's news, it looks like she will be the new Bug-type Gym Leader because that's the next logical guess with her.
  • I like how Gym Leaders capitalize on the new Terastal battle gimmick by using a Pokemon of a completely different type to transform its type into whatever the trainer specializes in. Especially cool how Brassius does this with Sudowoodo, a Pokemon that you'd think is a Grass-type at first glance.
  • Klawf looks like a simple crab Pokemon to me, but it's still a nice design.
  • Sounds like Titan Pokemon are going to be the Scarlet/Violet equivalent to Alpha Pokemon from Legends Arceus.
  • Glad that the Following Pokemon feature returns, and Auto Battles sound neats. My main hope for the return of the Following Pokemon mechanic this time around is that they fix the issue from SwSh and BDSP where the Pokemon would have a hard time keeping up with you.
  • I called it the new villainous team would be called Team Star because I could make out an S within that star logo when it was initially shown a couple of months back combined with the leaks saying the logo is the new evil team's logo. Seems like they are continuing the recent tradition of the main advertised villainous team being a bunch of simple gang-members while there is an unrevealed villainous team that we won't know until the games release that will turn out to be the true main antagonists.
    • Oh, and Penny is definitely Mela's younger sister: calling it now with this recent trend of younger female, rival-like characters being related to villainous teams that started with Lillie in Gen 7.
Kinda surprised they didn't officially reveal that new engine Pokemon today because we finally got a good look at it in this trailer & even that one promotional art for Team Star. Maybe they will reveal its name and information next month? I'm kinda dying to see what it properly looks like when it's not attached to a car.

And if this recent trend of "initial advertised villainous team is just a simple gang while there is another villainous team that are the true villains but you won't learn about them until you play the game" is anything to go by, combined with one of the leaks saying one of the teachers in the school is a villainous team, I'm betting that muscular teacher with the funny hair and the sharp mustache is going to be the Lusamine/Chairman Rose of this generation because his design screams "big bad" vibes.

Best Scarlet/Violet trailer so far, and I already have a good feeling Armarouge and Ceruledge will become one of my absolute favorite Pokemon. Still prefer Gallade to them though because of the nostalgia, but then again, their cool resemblance to Gallade is what makes me love them.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Random question:

Does Netflix’s Teletubbies reboot look creepier than the original or is it just me?

For context:
No way this is real. I can't believe they're rebooting a goddamn baby show. For the love of god Hollywood please do something that isn't based on an existing IP I'm begging you

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wouldn't say she looks villainous, she's more intimidating if anything. Which makes sense cause you know, she's a Champion.
Suppose you're right.

Regardless that intimidating demeanor yo...Game did a good job giving me that assumption at first. xD

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ah yeah, Ceruledge looks so cool. Finally I get to use laser swords in Pokemon. Can't wait to add it to my team and-
Also seems the Megaman Pokemon are version exclusive, with Scarlet getting bootleg Fireman.exe.

Yeah that figures.

Skinny Magmortar it is then.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah yeah, Ceruledge looks so cool. Finally I get to use laser swords in Pokemon. Can't wait to add it to my team and-

Yeah that figures.

Skinny Magmortar it is then.
You don’t understand the power you hold.

Everyone’s going with Violet. Meaning the Scarlet exclusives will be generally rarer.

And when the purple guys start trying to complete their dexes, who are they gonna come to?

Us :4wario2:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So are these titan pokemon specific special pokemon or are they just this game's equivalent of Alphas? Like is the titan Klawf the only Klawf?

Also called it that the whole "three stories" thing didn't mean much. It's just taking a pokemon plot that would normally happen in a specific order (like, you know, a story being told) and scattering them all over a big open space for the sake of ot.

Edit: I hadn't watched the trailer yet, only read the articles. I didn't even know there was a trailer.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Spoiler, it’s Jokesph Joestar
So are these titan pokemon specific special pokemon or are they just this game's equivalent of Alphas? Like is the titan Klawf the only Klawf?

Also called it that the whole "three stories" thing didn't mean much. It's just taking a pokemon plot that would normally happen in a specific order (like, you know, a story being told) and scattering them all over a big open space for the sake of ot.

Edit: I hadn't watched the trailer yet, only read the articles. I didn't even know there was a trailer.
Presumably it’s the only alpha one. Also the stories do matter, based on rumored, you only need to beat one of these paths to see the ending.

So you could skip the gyms and do one of the other two or vice versa. Making most of the content optional and giving you a lot of free rein here.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And it’s gonna be rad as **** :denzel:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And it’s gonna be rad as **** :denzel:
I guess I'm glad you're happy but I can't really get excited for this. I don't want to just wander around until I find the right thing to advance myself down a particular story route. I want to be told a story where all the pieces of it interconnect and are important and things happen and you can't just do anything whenever because that would mess up the narrative! I don't want it to be up to me! I tell my own stories for that, that's why i'm a creative. When I want to play a game I want to hear the game's story. So tell me it!
Spoiler, it’s Jokesph Joestar

Presumably it’s the only alpha one. Also the stories do matter, based on rumored, you only need to beat one of these paths to see the ending.

So you could skip the gyms and do one of the other two or vice versa. Making most of the content optional and giving you a lot of free rein here.
That doesn't make them matter more, it makes them all matter less. For me, it's like they've created a game where nothing matters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t know why, but Team Star reminds me of them and their theme music would be perfect:

Top Bottom