• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Still find it funny how he's one of the two demons with a " ?? " race. They straight up don't know what's this blue rat's deal.

(He probably would be UMA or Fairy if they gave him one)
Sonic Sez

"Kids, there's nothing more cool than hailing Satan!"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just stumbled across a video about why the old Spongebob outro credits apparently traumatized an entire generation.

Okay, but like...how?

A lot of things from certain episodes of Spongebob scared me as a kid. The credits weren't one of them. Heck, the music actually cheered me up and I was actually sad when Nickelodeon started changing their airing format to cut out the intros to their shows in general.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I just stumbled across a video about why the old Spongebob outro credits apparently traumatized an entire generation.

Okay, but like...how?

A lot of things from certain episodes of Spongebob scared me as a kid. The credits weren't one of them. Heck, the music actually cheered me up and I was actually sad when Nickelodeon started changing their airing format to cut out the intros to their shows in general.
Yep

This is a thing.

It's tangentially related to the whole "Scary Logos" group.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yep

This is a thing.

It's tangentially related to the whole "Scary Logos" group.
-Googles

Okay, some of these I kinda get. Klasky Csupo especially because of the purposefully weird face design and the deep and distorted voice acting they used to have it say the name of the studio. But the Spongebob credits?

Shroob

Sup?
-Googles

Okay, some of these I kinda get. Klasky Csupo especially because of the purposefully weird face design and the deep and distorted voice acting they used to have it say the name of the studio. But the Spongebob credits?
In the words of Rick.

"Don't think about it."

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Okay, but like...how?

Yeah I was a part of that group

something about the abrupt calmness of it all did it in for me, same reason why Liminal Spaces are creepy or something. The brain is weird and stupid

Shroob

Sup?

something about the abrupt calmness of it all did it in for me, same reason why Liminal Spaces are creepy or something. The brain is weird and stupid
Liminal spaces are easy to understand at least.

It's like, a place where you expect to see people being devoid of people is unnerving.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In the words of Rick.

"Don't think about it."

I guess it's just weird to me. I grew up enjoying those credits and being cheered up by them. Never saw anything inherently creepy about them (especially when intentionally creepy stuff like the void scene in SB-129 actually did totally freak me out and was also still new at the time) and only just now, over 20 years later, am I suddenly learning that there were apparently a decent number of people who were scared of or unnerved by the credits as kids instead.

It really goes to show how subjective horror and what scares people in general is, even stuff that isn't supposed to creepy. A lot of things that you don't find scary, or at least weren't scared of growing up, you might find odd to learn that other people were scared of it later on. You're just not familiar with the concept and might not totally g et what they found was scary about it. In this case, that's me with the Spongebob end credits thing.

Shroob

Sup?
I guess it's just weird to me. I grew up enjoying those credits and being cheered up by them. Never saw anything inherently creepy about them (especially when intentionally creepy stuff like the void scene in SB-129 actually did totally freak me out and was also still new at the time) and only just now, over 20 years later, am I suddenly learning that there were apparently a decent number of people who were scared of or unnerved by the credits as kids instead.

It really goes to show how subjective horror and what scares people in general is, even stuff that isn't supposed to creepy. A lot of things that you don't find scary, or at least weren't scared of growing up, you might find odd to learn that other people were scared of it later on. You're just not familiar with the concept and might not totally g et what they found was scary about it. In this case, that's me with the Spongebob end credits thing.
Wait, was this video the YourEveryDayTheorist one?

Shroob

Sup?
Yep, that's the one.

Not sure if I've ever seen videos from the guy before but it turned up while I was watching some videos about lost media.
Ya in the mood for some mooooore Spongebob horror?

Here ya go pal.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ya in the mood for some mooooore Spongebob horror?

Here ya go pal.

Oh, yeah, I've seen the title and thumbnail of this video but haven't actually watched it.

Maybe that's for the best. Still might watch it later out of sheer curiosity, though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, yeah, I've seen the title and thumbnail of this video but haven't actually watched it.

Maybe that's for the best. Still might watch it later out of sheer curiosity, though.
The scariest thing, is that Hillenberg's greatest fear about his creation ended up coming true.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Would Umineko make me cry and feel depressed like The Great Ace Attorney did when I beat it?
Because that game put me into a ****ing SPIRAL
Ahahahaha. There is one scene in Chapter 4 that absolutely ****ing destroyed me in a way no other fiction had been able to. Game's pretty damn tragic though yeah

Shroob

Sup?
Would Umineko make me cry and feel depressed like The Great Ace Attorney did when I beat it?
Because that game put me into a ****ing SPIRAL
Hello yes, as someone who played every Umineko.

Yes, 100% yes.

Ahahahaha. There is one scene in Chapter 4 that absolutely ****ing destroyed me in a way no other fiction had been able to. Game's pretty damn tragic though yeah
I see what you did there Gwen

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Multiversus revealed the joker gameplay:

more importantly though it leaked another character:

it may have also leaked the flash as central city is on the computer and the other towns are associated with playable characters. So who knows, could be a fun reference at the end of the day.

Top Bottom