• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Finished talking and introducing each other with a person from the organization for people with autism which I am part of, she's gonna help me with organization for my studies and future projects and it went extremely well.

My parents and I introduced her to how I am, my tastes, which are my difficulties and other general stuff. We also found a spot in the house where we could do the work for my studies and such.

She also even offered me help in finding a place to study japanese (as she is a big anime fan) in Gran Canaria so I could play certain games which are japanese-only such as Mother 3 or the Fire Emblem game with Roy if all went well. That was awesome and the highlight for me.

So yeah, really cool and promising vibes overall. Will be great to improve on my studying skills and hopefully get to learn japanese.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The thing with isekai is that it's a power fantasy, Japan does the whole 'everyone in society is a cog in a machine' so that's why their protags are typically OP as ****. Owning women is a power fantasy for incels who don't shower, don't do anything to make themselves look nice and don't want a relationship where they have to do anything for their partners. They all want slaves, specifically slaves they can have sex with. A lot of isekai trash panders towards incels. It's like, a cycle
There are many manga that utilize the concept and usually considered decent or trash due to fanservice or poor writing. However, every now and then you will come across something that is great. One of the many Isekai manga I can recommend is Solo Farming in the Tower. Pretty good if you don't mind the farming concept.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I don't see much of a reason to doubt them, Oda is still involved and the studio that made Avatar is different from the one that made One Piece. I do hope season 2 is good tho, I hope they do Alabasta justice
Gotta love Oda for that. I hope we make it to Alabasta in Season 2. I have to see Crocodile with his sand powers in live action.:love:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How is my dad suprised i have gray hairs at age 29 when the world is the way it is rn
All thanks to COVID. It unleashed stupidity that many people never thought was even possible. Oh how everyone was wrong.

It's also why it had made me more cynical of people and being more the dog person then ever.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You know I completely forgot there was a 2nd Avatar Movie.

I mean the blue people. Not the greatest movie of all time The Last Airbender.
for some reason I thought you meant the upcoming animated Avatar movies

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Can someone explain to me the difference between a baby Pokémon and a 1st stage evolution?
Not much besides I think babies might be weaker than the usual 1st stage (I’m not certain, probably wrong) and they usually require a higher friendship value before they can evolve instead of just a straight level up.

also, at least in FRLG, you required your Pokémon to hold a certain incense item in order to get the baby ‘mon from them in the Daycare. So, for example, usually Pikachu would just give you another Pikachu, but if it was holding a certain incense (I forgot which) you would get Pichu. Nowadays, I think it’s straightforward and you just get Pichu. This may have only been for babies from Gen 1 Pokémon, too; I believe Togepi was always straightforward, not sure about others.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait… so your telling me that like… Squirtle… can lay eggs? That feels… wrong.

I legit thought only fully evolved pokemon could lay eggs.
Only specifically designated Pokemon are incapable of breeding. A newly hatched Wooloo can immediately get to work in the daycare.

It’s one of those times where game mechanics end up having some weird connotations…

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Liking New Horizons soo far, but man, this tutorial section is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

The fact that a lot of Bugs/Fish are also locked behind catching 100 Bugs/Fish sucks.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Only specifically designated Pokemon are incapable of breeding. A newly hatched Wooloo can immediately get to work in the daycare.

It’s one of those times where game mechanics end up having some weird connotations…
Wow.

Just goes to show you the huge gap between game mechanics and lore in this franchise.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Hear me out Noipoi Noipoi :
IMG_20240209_005501.png

Ted is USA's Banjo-Kazooie:
-Both are bears who have connections with magic (Banjo with Gruntilda and Ted with the wish which brought him to life)
-Both live in their friend's house (Banjo with Kazooie, Ted with Mark Walbergh).
-Both are known for being comedic characters (Banjo with british humour, Ted with Seth McFarlane)
-Both had two mainline media stuff and a side thing (Banjo with a car-making spin-off, Ted with the Skyshowtime/Peacock show)
-Both have canonically played the banjo:
Screenshot_2024-02-09-00-42-09-69_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hear me out Noipoi Noipoi :
View attachment 385316
Ted is USA's Banjo-Kazooie:
-Both are bears who have connections with magic (Banjo with Gruntilda and Ted with the wish which brought him to life)
-Both live in their friend's house (Banjo with Kazooie, Ted with Mark Walbergh).
-Both are known for being comedic characters (Banjo with british humour, Ted with Seth McFarlane)
-Both had two mainline media stuff and a side thing (Banjo with a car-making spin-off, Ted with the Skyshowtime/Peacock show)
-Both have canonically played the banjo:
View attachment 385317
This theory seems accurate, BUT, I just have one important question about it:

Is that Freddy Fazbear?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wow.

Just goes to show you the huge gap between game mechanics and lore in this franchise.
Just wait until you see what comes out of a Maushold egg.

You'll be wishing the game's hints that Maushold's babies may not be biologically related to the adults are true.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just wait until you see what comes out of a Maushold egg.

You'll be wishing the game's hints that Maushold's babies may not be biologically related to the adults are true.
Honestly I never treated the game's breeding system as "canon" just like the turn based battles aren't "canon". They're just the way the game designers have chosen to represent more active fights between trained animals to the player (as they are in all turn based RPGs, it's symbolic, not literal). And I always thought of the breeding system in the same way. Not every pokemon literally hatches from an egg and more pokemon that can breed in the games probably wouldn't be able to if they were "real". It's just the easiest way to represent the mechanic to the player.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly I never treated the game's breeding system as "canon" just like the turn based battles aren't "canon". They're just the way the game designers have chosen to represent more active fights between trained animals to the player (as they are in all turn based RPGs, it's symbolic, not literal). And I always thought of the breeding system in the same way. Not every pokemon literally hatches from an egg and more pokemon that can breed in the games probably wouldn't be able to if they were "real". It's just the easiest way to represent the mechanic to the player.
At the same time, Pokemon based on animals that don't lay eggs are shown to...have external eggs in the anime. And some of the issues with breeding are still present there, like Vulpix being born with its tails fully developed.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Leftover test subjects from the attempts to clone Mew, don’t worry about it.
So the implication was that they were failed Mewtwo experiments. So they're just blobs.

How they can transform into anything, and somehow Mewtwo can't?

Don't worry about it.
The more people tell me to not to worry about it the more I will worry about it

How do Ditto get egg?

Top Bottom