• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I know the lunar wolf Ranger and zen-aku are the same guy. Could they not function as alternate skins of each other? Or are their weapons/powers too different (I haven’t watched all of power rangers yet. I’m trying but it’s a long show.)
The Wolf Ranger fights like a normal Wild Force ranger and Zen-Aku has this cool ass sword that is his main form of combat. A sword that Merrick does not have.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Wolf Ranger fights like a normal Wild Force ranger and Zen-Aku has this cool ass sword that is his main form of combat. A sword that Merrick does not have.
Hmmm… I might go with him just because it feels weird to have a villain from a season but no Ranger. But then again Wild Force isn’t very well regarded according to my research… maybe I should go with mesogog. People really like Dino Thunder. Or maybe I should just go with Ryu cause he’s a veteran and they already have the assets.

I guess it just depends on which of those three justifications I decide is the better reason. Which seams like the better argument to you?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That Rare games NSO update trailer might have teased that more games are on the way

View attachment 385282
Diddy Kong Racing, NES Battletoads, Banjo-Tooie, Perfect Dark, and Conker I feel are the big ones.

Well, and DK 64 but that’s a different criteria to judge on.

I’d also very much like Rare’s Gameboy/Color and GBA offerings but who knows if they’ll bother with those.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wizards and Warriors and Slalom for sure are the vertical rectagle
Wizards and Warriors rights went to Acclaim and not Rare. They’re currently owned by Throwback Entertainment. NES Toads is way more likely
to be 100% clear, throwback owns the franchise rights and rare still owns the individual game programs. But I imagine you’ed have to talk to the people who own the franchise rights to re-release them. Either way, Throwback would still have to get involved.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Wizards and Warriors rights went to Acclaim and not Rare. They’re currently owned by Throwback Entertainment. NES Toads is way more likely
to be 100% clear, throwback owns the franchise rights and rare still owns the individual game programs. But I imagine you’ed have to talk to the people who own the franchise rights to re-release them. Either way, Throwback would still have to get involved.
Did the same happened to Qwirk?
(Just sayin to reference that trippy Captain N rip-off by Acclaim and Saban)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Avatar on Netflix drops in the middle of the night tonight. Really interested to see what the reception is to it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
... I take It that people found this post to be bad or something.
Not at all, I think Mother 3 fans need to stop pretending as if Itoi wouldn't say piracy is based and instead tell them to buy Happy Boxes. However, don't try to measure your value by how many likes your posts get or anything, that just makes anyone feel bad, hell, that's why they removed the ****ing like leaderboard cause people got waaaay too antsy about that

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Not at all, I think Mother 3 fans need to stop pretending as if Itoi wouldn't say piracy is based and instead tell them to buy Happy Boxes. However, don't try to measure your value by how many likes your posts get or anything, that just makes anyone feel bad, hell, that's why they removed the ****ing like leaderboard cause people got waaaay too antsy about that
Not even gonna lie, I wasn't aware there was even a like leaderboard at any point.

But really, I never let likes, or lack thereof, affect my mind. Sometimes my posts are gonna fly under the radar and that's totally fine. This is a busy thread after all, there's always something new going on

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not even gonna lie, I wasn't aware there was even a like leaderboard at any point.
The leaderboard was a good way on seeing who's normal and who desperately needed to go outside. They took it down for good reason.

Some artist was at the top of it before they took it down. Probably nobody important.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
View attachment 385283
I was actually thinking of Micro Maniacs but now my childhood is twice as wild???
Using a Sonic character here adds on to this as the dudes only ever wear gloves and shoes, something I would personally still clarify as naked. Learning about hedgehog biology also ruined Sonic's design for me which doubles down on this

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Childhood games are interesting because you have the obvious universal experiences that everyone has, but then you have the absolute most obscure, underground game with like 0 media coverage and nobody else has playes.

Like for example: has anyone played a game called Colors of War on the PC? Or the Capn Crunch game for the PC?

Another one is this one Asian (I believe) flash game that had an arstyle that reminded me of Pucca, and like one of the endings (I think) was the girl crying as a guy leaves on a boat. And I can't remember the name of it and it's probably gone forever since Flash died.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The leaderboard was a good way on seeing who's normal and who desperately needed to go outside. They took it down for good reason.

Some artist was at the top of it before they took it down. Probably nobody important.
That one sexy babe with correct opinions when overtaken by that artist right before the leaderboards went down to welcome the new era of Smashboards ****posting
bnha49.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As I mentioned last night. My Nick Brawl 2 moveset for my favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation character, Lieutenant Commander Data.
Light Attacks
  • Neutral Grounded: A typical jab-cross-hook-cross boxing combo amplified by data’s strength.
  • Side Grounded: a karate chop attack which frequently knocks foes out cold on Star Trek.
  • Up Grounded: A palm strike attack that has been repeatedly used by characters from Star Trek
  • Down Grounded: A sweep kick
  • Neutral Aerial: Data temporarily surrounds himself with a force field, repelling attackers who get near him for that instant.
  • Forward Aerial: A spinning forward kick.
  • Back Aerial: A backhand strike with a closed fist.
  • Up Aerial: a headbutt attack Data has used on occasion.
  • Down Aerial: Captain Falcon’s Down Air
Strong Attacks
  • Side Grounded: Data uses a Klingon Painstik, like when he helped recreate Lt. Worf’s Ascension Ceremony.
  • Up Grounded: Data slashes upwards with a rapier, similar to his holographic facsimile created by Lt. Barely.
  • Down Grounded: Data throws a photon grenade in front of him. The distance determined by the length of the charge.
  • Side Aerial: Data does a powerful rear kick
  • Up Aerial: Data does powerful uppercut
  • Down Aerial: Data does a stage dive using all his weight and power.
Special Attacks
  • Sensors Indicate (Neutral): Data uses his Tricorder to take readings of a foe and then applies the learned information to buff his stats to make him better equipped to fighting that particular foe. He is a science officer with a computer brain after all! For example scanning a slow and strong character might give him a speed buff. Each character would have to be given a variable on which stat of Data’s they’ed buff.
    • Slime Version: Data channels the extra slime energy to his sensors allowing him to scan more than one opponent and take into account multiple foes strengths and weaknesses. If used on 1v1 it simply increases the ammount he buffs his stats.
  • Phaser (Side): Data fires a beam from a phaser. It travels indefinitely forward in a straight line and has a pinpoint hitbox. The normal version is the stun setting and stuns a foe it hits.
    • Slime Version: The slime version sets the phaser to kill and it becomes a pinpoint hit-box of intense damage.
  • Beam Me Up! (Up): Data calls for the Enterprise to use sight to sight transport and beam him to a higher part of the stage.
    • Slime Version: The slime version allows him to select his coordinates with a cursor before transport.
  • Replicator (Down): Similar to Bugs Bunny’s paintbrush move in Multiversus, Data uses the enterprise’s replicator to create one of the game’s items. The specific ones he can create would be selectable on a wheel similar to Shulk’s monado arts and they would be on a cooldown timer after being created. The normal version allows him to create a random food item, Sokka’s Sword, Valerie’s Gun, The Bronze Boots of Truth, and Log from Blammo
    • Slime Version: The slime version allows him to create an Anchor, the Cheese Ray, Sandy’s Rocket, and Tommy’s Ball.
Throws
  • Grab: Data looks as if he is merely lightly touching his foe’s shoulder, but his Mega Strength (that’s what the show actually calls it) means that they are firmly held in place.
  • Pummel: Data does a series of rapid strikes with his free hand.
  • Forward Throw: Data picks them up over his head and chucks them like they’re nothing.
  • Back Throw: Data hurls them behind him like he threw that guy in Star Trek: Insurrection.
  • Up Throw: Data bends down and grabs the opponents leg and swings them into the air by it.
  • Down Throw: Data slams the opponent into the ground.
Other
  • Dash Attack: Data throws his weight into a body check ala Shao Khan.
  • Super Attack: Data beams aboard the enterprise and, following his captains orders, fires a barrage of Photon Torpedoes at the battlefield.
Costumes
  • His main outfit from Next Generation (Default)
  • His uniform from the movies
  • His outfit when roleplaying as Sherlock Holmes on the holodeck
  • Data’s appearance as the Cowboy Outlaw Frank Hollander from the episode “A Fistfull of Datas”
Animations
  • Intro Animation: Data beams down from the Enterprise.
  • Idle: Data stands at the ready with his hands by his side.
  • Idle Animation 1: Data takes tricorder readings.
  • Idle Animation 2: Data whistles, poorly
  • Taunt 1: Data shuffles a deck of cards at high speeds.
  • Taunt 2: Data recites a line of his infamous poetry
  • Taunt 3: Data bends a Parsteel rod in half.
  • Win 1: Data sits at his Comms Station from the Enterprise and returns to work, his pet cat Spot jumps on the console and tries to bother him.
  • Win 2: Data beams back aboard the enterprise.
  • Team Win: Data politely claps while curiously examining the excited reactions of his teammates.
  • Lose: Data short circuits and then his head explodes off, lying on the ground as in the episode “Arrow of Time”
  • Jukebox: Same as Win 1
Paramount owns Nickelodeon and Star Trek. It could happen!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Almost done with my One Piece figure collection.

Well I say "done", what I mean is "I'll have all the figures that are out as of February", because March is just around the corner and there's a new set coming out as soon as my next order ships and I will not be getting it and the next set until April.

Also I technically skipped out on some of them but that's a deliberate choice

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After watching people play Side order and seeing whats unlocked after, ****s not wprth the 20+ bucks
You know I was actually watching the final boss and ending on youtube and I have a question, and its just a nitpick so whatever, but...

Why does a game as visually appealing as Splatoon have one frame of mouth animation? They literally talk like--

It was so distracting when I was watching it.

Top Bottom