• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do you think they've never brought back Spikey-Eared Pichu as an event Pokemon after HGSS? Kinda weird it's locked to that game and can't even be traded forward into future games or Bank.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why do you think they've never brought back Spikey-Eared Pichu as an event Pokemon after HGSS? Kinda weird it's locked to that game and can't even be traded forward into future games or Bank.
Same reason they never brought back Cosplay Pikachu.

It was just a gimmick they thought would be neat.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Same reason they never brought back Cosplay Pikachu.

It was just a gimmick they thought would be neat.
This is so weird to me... like this is back when they brought every pokemon back every time. Like... your answer makes sense I guess but it still confuses me.

Hopefully they eventually decide to re-do the gimmick so we can at least get them into Home.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's funny how music can have such strong feelings on someone.

Sometimes I just turn on the Gen 2 soundtrack, and I can't explain it, but the songs have this really mellow, almost sad tone to them which is really... relaxing?
The Cave theme is actually relaxing to me so I get it.

Though as a Gen 5 baby, I put on that soundtrack and I kinda want to dance. Absolutely not relaxing tunes imo but I try my hardest to power through work/projects through them without busting a move.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Should Deoxys be counted as a Kanto pokemon since the event you catch him in originally occurs on one of the Sevii Islands in FireRed/LeafGreen? (I know the event reappears in Emerald but it still takes you to the same place via boat).

I'm only thinking about this because I like to re-order the pokedex sometimes, grouping babies and evolutions introduced later with their original forms and such. And sometimes I think about sticking Meltan and Melmetal in the Kanto section because they were introduced in Let's Go, but then part of me feels like if I do that for them I have to do that for Deoxys too because of what I said above and that just feels weird.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think the in universe explanation is that it time traveled too much, so the Pichu could not leave HGSS.

Shroob

Sup?
The Cave theme is actually relaxing to me so I get it.

Though as a Gen 5 baby, I put on that soundtrack and I kinda want to dance. Absolutely not relaxing tunes imo but I try my hardest to power through work/projects through them without busting a move.

I guess the best way to describe it is peaceful, almost a lazy, laid back feeling with a twinge of nostalgia. Gen 1's music is a lot more like you're going on an adventure, and gen 3 is VERY adventurous, whereas Gen 2 feels just... mellow.

Should Deoxys be counted as a Kanto pokemon since the event you catch him in originally occurs on one of the Sevii Islands in FireRed/LeafGreen? (I know the event reappears in Emerald but it still takes you to the same place via boat).

I'm only thinking about this because I like to re-order the pokedex sometimes, grouping babies and evolutions introduced later with their original forms and such. And sometimes I think about sticking Meltan and Melmetal in the Kanto section because they were introduced in Let's Go, but then part of me feels like if I do that for them I have to do that for Deoxys too because of what I said above and that just feels weird.
tbf, we don't know where in the world Birth Island is. The fact that Deoxys originates from Outer Space arguably means it's a more universal Pokemon.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I guess the best way to describe it is peaceful, almost a lazy, laid back feeling with a twinge of nostalgia. Gen 1's music is a lot more like you're going on an adventure, and gen 3 is VERY adventurous, whereas Gen 2 feels just... mellow.
Gen 1 was an adventure
Gen 2 was vibes
Gen 3 was a grand adventure 🎺🎺🎺
Gen 4 was vibes, Sinnoh was pretty cozy until the worst designed dungeons hit
Gen 5 was a mix of both, the main game was adventure but post game was 100% vibes
Gen 6 was... idk actually
Gen 7 was vibes but Hawaiian
Gen 8 was mostly tracks to amp you up, like a stadium
Gen 9 was just whimsical adventure until you hit the endgame where it suddenly becomes X-Files

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which one was the hardest to get?
For me it was Terapagos.
Stupid golden Squirtle...
Terapagos took me three tries

No

Shroob

Sup?
So what are we guessing for the final bunch?

Elfilin for Forgotten Realm
Colgate Twins for Engage
Elephant Mario(Wowie Zowie) for Wonder

?

Top Bottom