• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, audio of Frontiers' opening cutscene has been made public! Here it is synced with the in-game footage.
Roger's Sonic definitely sounds closer to his natural speaking voice, and more grounded, and ngl, I dig it!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, audio of Frontiers' opening cutscene has been made public! Here it is synced with the in-game footage.

Roger's Sonic definitely sounds closer to his natural speaking voice, and more grounded, and ngl, I dig it!
I'm used to his higher pitched Sonic, so this'll take some getting used to. But it's not bad!

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I'm used to his higher pitched Sonic, so this'll take some getting used to. But it's not bad!
Tbh I prefer the new voice. Sonic canonically ages (as obvious as that may sound), so his voice becoming deeper makes sense, plus I just think it sounds better for the seemingly more serious atmosphere for this game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi

what happens when I transfer Arceus into PLA before obtaining PLA’s, or even fighting Volo? :nifty:
You unlock secret dialogue where Volo thanks you for playing the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl games for the Nintendo switch.

And using Pokémon home, for the Nintendo switch and mobile devices.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

my squids and octos

the game's demo unlocks fully this Saturday and comes out in like, two weeks: Why are you trying to hack into the training room

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
why no post

thread boring

do something funny
man... i feel like the game is almost holding me hostage. I have fun playing it but I also don't have fun playing it at the same time.

i just... man... WB was like my disney. I want to play is on the prospect of having all my characters together in one place alone.

But then like... the way the game is put together, the monetization, some of the aspects of the gameplay/movesets, the roster, what happened with LotR, ****ing Discovery Channel... i can't not think about all of it when I play, even if I manage to sometimes have a little fun.

I just want a different game

I want a really good WB Smash-Like, not a super "accessible" free to play platform fighter that happens to use WB characters because that's who accepted the pitch

I've had the urge to like, make my own roster and design my own ideal game based around the same concept of being a WB concept, but because Multiversus exists i keep stopping myself. It doesn't give me any comfort. Because I don't feel like we'd ever get anything else other than more multiversus games
I don't know what to do.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, see you tomorrow on the ink battlefield for Splatoon 3 world premiere. Here is the Splatoon 2 reveal trailer for prep time.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
man... i feel like the game is almost holding me hostage. I have fun playing it but I also don't have fun playing it at the same time.

i just... man... WB was like my disney. I want to play is on the prospect of having all my characters together in one place alone.

But then like... the way the game is put together, the monetization, some of the aspects of the gameplay/movesets, the roster, what happened with LotR, ****ing Discovery Channel... i can't not think about all of it when I play, even if I manage to sometimes have a little fun.

I just want a different game

I want a really good WB Smash-Like, not a super "accessible" free to play platform fighter that happens to use WB characters because that's who accepted the pitch

I've had the urge to like, make my own roster and design my own ideal game based around the same concept of being a WB concept, but because Multiversus exists i keep stopping myself. It doesn't give me any comfort. Because I don't feel like we'd ever get anything else other than more multiversus games
I don't know what to do.
I mean, if the game’s not fun, don’t play it.

You always have a choice. :drshrug:

Y’all can make a roster if you want, too. Don’t see why the game should stop you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, if the game’s not fun, don’t play it.

You always have a choice. :drshrug:
I mean, parts of it are fun though. It's in such a weird gray place. Like I want to experience the parts I like but they're just right there alongside the parts I don't and can't be separated.
Y’all can make a roster if you want, too. Don’t see why the game should stop you.
Because like... on one hand I might want to share it with others online and my anxiety brain telly me that "why bother, you never could share it, people would just be like "a WB platform fighter? Uhm, we ahlready hav tat! Its calld Muhltiversis!"", and on the other hand I also think about the fact that whenever I make fan rosters it's kind of a pseudo-prediction about what would happen in reality if this project was made. But since we already have multiversus my brain tells me "what's the point? we already have Multiversus. Why would they ever do a game of this concept that's not just Multiversus: The Sequel.". I want to express my dissatisfaction by creating a roster, making a stage list, hell even building up move-sets! But both of the two big reasons I tend to do that just don't apply here so my brain just tells me "what's the point" even though I want to.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I’ve been having fun with Digimon Cyber Sleuth, it really strikes me how… unimportant the Digimon feel as entities. The fact that they can evolve into multiple things, some things that are shared with other lines, that have no relation in design makes a degree of sense, their digital programs rather than living organisms so changing their code around can produce very drastically different results. But it kind of makes each individual monster feel… superfluous. To me anyway. Like I can see why others wouldn’t care. But like, imagine if you were playing Pokémon and you COULD evolve Pikachu into Raichu or you could evolve him into Charizard or Tauros or Forretress. It just feels… off. Battling, better. Evolution… not so much.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ian Flynn is our new hero, cannot wait for Roger's Sonic to finally be good and have a new generation of Sonic fans get shonen anime Sonic

Top Bottom