• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So how long until Palworld players claim that the game is "not good" anymore"?

So many MMO games that start out popular end up being called "no longer good" by it's fanbase after a while, usually after a few years and several updates. How much merit their criticisms have varies from game to game, though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So how long until Palworld players claim that the game is "not good" anymore"?

So many MMO games that start out popular end up being called "no longer good" by it's fanbase after a while, usually after a few years and several updates. How much merit their criticisms have varies from game to game, though.
Well, from what I've seen atm the game isn't super fleshed out. It needs a lot more work to really be a full-fledged game.

Its got the catching mechanics, its got armor and weapons, mining, base building, foraging for materials for food, but there's like, no plot yet, and only a handful, and I mean handful of quests. There are a handful of cutscenes tho which are, surprisingly neat.

Though it is p.funny that there's a glitch that lets you catch the bosses atm. Was watching him stream and he caught the Totally not Totoro+Pikachu hybrid and its HUMAN Trainer in a Ball, and the girl was still there when he used it in battle.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Palworld is fun. Lots to do, the building is great, and the breeding system is 100x better than Pokemon's, which I personally appreciate.

Also while Dazzi is cool, I found a Pal that is absolutely the goat.
4126fb594ec7677e89b8a63fc1337723.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Imagine living in russia and letting a dictator be president since 2012
I appreciate how everyone’s just embracing the edge
No more "Ow, the edge"
Now its " Yes, the edge"

photodune-7590588-portrait-of-dog-singing-on-vintage-microphone-xs.jpg

Black-hearted evil
Brave-hearted hero
I am all, I am all I am

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Is it possible the bosses from Sonic Generations 3DS exclusive might be making their way to home consoles?

Also, now Shadow's edgy nature has been tuned and accepted by fans.
Though, I don't think his weapons are coming back yet since he controls like sonic with chaos powers.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is it possible the bosses from Sonic Generations 3DS exclusive might be making their way to home consoles?

Also, now Shadow's edgy nature has been tuned and accepted by fans.
Though, I don't think his weapons are coming back yet since he controls like sonic with chaos powers.
I doubt we'll get Big Arm and Egg Emperor back sadly, the teaser really goes in on being about Shadow. Mephiles though? Fair game. In fact, the guy writing this headcannoned Time Eater as some sort of remnant of Memphis Tennesee already, so there's a decent chance he'll be included.

Also looking back at the teaser again Shadow's eye flashes into the same colour as Black Doom's. Bro's about to get a ****ing Devil Trigger I'm gonna cry

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I doubt we'll get Big Arm and Egg Emperor back sadly, the teaser really goes in on being about Shadow. Mephiles though? Fair game. In fact, the guy writing this headcannoned Time Eater as some sort of remnant of Memphis Tennesee already, so there's a decent chance he'll be included.

Also looking back at the teaser again Shadow's eye flashes into the same colour as Black Doom's. Bro's about to get a ****ing Devil Trigger I'm gonna cry
Shadow the Hedgehog 2 developed by platinum games.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Well, from what I've seen atm the game isn't super fleshed out. It needs a lot more work to really be a full-fledged game.

Its got the catching mechanics, its got armor and weapons, mining, base building, foraging for materials for food, but there's like, no plot yet, and only a handful, and I mean handful of quests. There are a handful of cutscenes tho which are, surprisingly neat.

Though it is p.funny that there's a glitch that lets you catch the bosses atm. Was watching him stream and he caught the Totally not Totoro+Pikachu hybrid and its HUMAN Trainer in a Ball, and the girl was still there when he used it in battle.
After playing Palworld for a while, I do have a few pros and cons on the game:

Pros:
  • The catching mechanics are very satisfying. Seeing the actual capture % adds a lot to the tension and hype to the game if you're trying to catch an overleveled pal.
  • The actual movement and combat is fun. Takes a lot from ARK and BOTW in this regard. But you have the option to either utilize pals for more pokemon-style combat or rely on your firearms more. The option to use certain pals as weapons and ride/fly/glide on a large selection of pals is also a treat.
  • I really like how most pals have different utilities outside of battling. It allows players to keep using their favorites even if they are not optimized for combat. Also, breeding and condensing mechanics allow players to use early-game pals in the lategame which I appreciate.
  • The world is pretty massive with different biomes. The hot/cold system in different biomes reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter and ARK, and I'm a sucker for environmental effects actually affecting the player. The fact that different pals appear during the day/night cycle is also cool. Hopefully in a future update the devs can implement weather like rain to further push this concept.
  • The custom difficulty settings are a great inclusion. I really appreciate how there are so many customizable elements in the game to make it as easy or difficult as the player wants.
  • The pals in general are very emotive in their animations and they each have their own little quirks on how they do tasks or relax. They generally have a lot of charm and I can see why certain pals are quickly developing a fanbase. It seems like the animators really had fun creating the animations for a lot of them. Most of the pal designs are really good too, though there are some that take a little too heavily from pokemon.
  • The $30 USD price tag definitely is a plus. I feel that this game at that price is a steal.
Cons:
  • The game currently has a lot of glitches. Sometimes pals will go flying off into the horizon randomly if you try to attack or catch them. Pal pathing is also a big issue. Sometimes base workers will get stuck in hard-to-reach areas and slowly starve. There are also rare instances where the player will get stuck behind walls or get stuck using the grappling hook. I haven't personally encountered anything game-breaking yet. The dev team announced that bug fixes were their top priority, and their latest patch has seemingly resolved a few of those issues.
  • Even though the world is massive, it's still pretty empty aside from dungeons and collectables. There aren't really any meaningful NPC interactions either, and the syndicate leaders are just glorified pal bosses at the moment. There are several journals scattered around that tell a little bit of a story, but I would love to see more meaningful NPC interactions. The grunts walking around have no real purpose except randomly chasing you if they see you. This is an aspect that the devs should work on more to make the world feel more alive.
  • Some of the pal designs are very heavily influenced by pokemon, though this topic has been beaten to death already. It doesn't personally bother me to the point of not enjoying the game, but there were definitely a few pals where I was going "this is straight-up using pokemon parts." The main examples I've seen were Dinossom (Meganium head on Goodra body with Lilligant flower on head) and Azurobe (Serperior body with Primariana hair). Even though the designs look very similar, I think at most they were tracing the models instead of taking them 1/1 though. Curiously, Pokemon might not have been the artists' only inspiration, as Blazehowl and Blazehowl Noct look very similar to Teostra and Lunastra from Monster Hunter (though the case could be made that this was moreso inspiration as the cartoony pal models are very different from MH's more realistic renders).
  • The base building can get very janky sometimes. A majority of the building mechanics are solid, but there are some parts that are needlessly finnicky.
Is the game a Pokemon killer like some people are saying? No, it most definitely isn't. But after the initial hype for the game inevitably dies, I can see it still holding success as a survival/crafting game mainstay if the devs listen to the community and put the time and care into updating it. All in all, I hope that the game does well in the future.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Paramount trying to make something cohesive out of their mishmash of IPs will always be funny to me

Can't complain though since I've been going through Star Trek TNG recently, on season 4 now

Oracle Link

Smash Master
VIDEOSPIEL-MAN THE WEBSITE
Ever wondered who this Videospiel-Man guy is that i mention a lot?!
Find out on my first Website all about the Game World and the epic? Clash against cheatman!
Currently on chapter 2!
Ah and a pc is necesarry for the ideal Layout!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now it's time: BLACK HISTORY FACT:
Crack moved hard in our communities thanks to the CIA and Ronald Reagan. And then started the war on drugs which primarily targets their communities. Pretty much mass incarceration started by the gov. Sucks right? Yeah don't trust the gov.

Now if they really wanted to take control of the black community, they would've introduced Dragon Ball, Sonic, or Naruto into the communities way earlier because that loved through the communities stronger than any kind of drug. I can not explain it but vast majority of black peeps I met (primarily younger) were/are a fan of at least one of those three. Why? Idk. But that's a FACT. A Black History FACT.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Now it's time: BLACK HISTORY FACT:

Crack moved hard in our communities thanks to the CIA and Ronald Reagan. And then started the war on drugs which primarily targets their communities. Pretty much mass incarceration started by the gov. Sucks right? Yeah don't trust the gov.

Now if they really wanted to take control of the black community, they would've introduced Dragon Ball, Sonic, or Naruto into the communities way earlier because that loved through the communities stronger than any kind of drug. I can not explain it but vast majority of black peeps I met (primarily younger) were/are a fan of at least one of those three. Why? Idk. But that's a FACT. A Black History FACT.
You know how you can control white people with cheese?

The government would have had us on their side much earlier if they had given us Naruto

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I dunno man, do we want to give the users on this site that kinda power?
Know what, you right
As a white person I can confirm that I lose all free will and become a meat puppet when you put cheese in front of me. It's also a deadly poison
Pspspsps

Come here, come heere
SmartSelect_20240201_130330_Gallery.jpg

Top Bottom