• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how's everyone's new year so far. First month as passed as we enter February?

Mental-wise I'm doing hell of a lot better. Taking life more for granted, making the best of it. Helps I'm getting out more and I've since been getting back to writing after suffering from a long yearly case of writer's block.

Also was a great year to start in terms of cinema. The Beekeeper definitely gave "**** You It's January" the middle finger. Fun flick, but that's no surprised since it was similar to John Wick in terms of action! :D

Funny speaking when I first saw the title of that film, I thought it was gonna be a revenge movie but for bees. Lol.

Next movie(s) I'm seeing in theaters are Imaginary and Kung Fu Panda 4.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I saw a headline about Palworld becoming Digimon but with guns cause of a mod and uh.

View attachment 383912

Pretty sure it already has peak guns, there is never gonna be anything involving guns cooler than Gundramon
Not sure if this is a hot take or not but the xros wars beelzebumon design is peak imo
Beelzebumon_2010.jpg

beelzebumon_x.jpg

Also "people stop comparing games to other games that have only surface level details in common challenge(impossible)"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My month's been fine - I'm nearing the end of an online course that I'm taking, I've been keeping busy with work (things have been slowing down a bit, but that tends to happen around this time of year), and I've been keeping up with my New Year's resolution of trying to read at least one comic a day. (I'm trying to look into series or characters that I'm not overly familiar with or want to learn more about, like the X-Men or Green Lantern) I wish I had full weekends more regularly, though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They’re reanimating Sweet Victory in CGI to play at this year’s Super Bowl…good, but they should’ve played the song and video years ago

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They’re reanimating Sweet Victory in CGI to play at this year’s Super Bowl…good, but they should’ve played the song and video years ago
The closest we got to the original animation was one of the Paramount+ commercials where Patrick Stewart makes everyone who climbed the mountain dance like a metaphor (their words not mine)

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
So how's everyone's new year so far. First month as passed as we enter February?

Mental-wise I'm doing hell of a lot better. Taking life more for granted, making the best of it. Helps I'm getting out more and I've since been getting back to writing after suffering from a long yearly case of writer's block.

Also was a great year to start in terms of cinema. The Beekeeper definitely gave "**** You It's January" the middle finger. Fun flick, but that's no surprised since it was similar to John Wick in terms of action! :D

Funny speaking when I first saw the title of that film, I thought it was gonna be a revenge movie but for bees. Lol.

Well, I'll be 20 in 11 days so that's fun

Planning a bday gift for a close friend where I'm dragging all his friends togheter to be included in a artpiece

Got Splatoon team stuff to manage and probably gonna spend this weekend doing nothing but that lol

Debt wise I'm almost in the clear, just a little bit of credit card debt and $100 towards my partial fursuit left :3

Overall, this year is looking up

Noipoi

Howdy!

My January was actually pretty chill up until school started up again.

And then I got fired yesterday, and now I'm freaking out about money again.

The promise of Pokemon Day is keeping me grounded :217:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My start to the year has been fine overall. I'm organizing my room, still a bit anxious about getting a job (more so since my life's already frequently busy as is), but I'm getting there.

I'm also making good progress on Tears of the Kingdom and rewatching a few of my favorite shows lately, so I've been enjoying the free time I have had lately.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Second episode of Disventure Camp All-Stars was peak, and I'm not just saying that because of my Gabby bias

Glad you're doing better.

As for me, my life's been pretty much normal. Chilling in bed, reading books, watching Disventure Camp and stuff like that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And then I got fired yesterday, and now I'm freaking out about money again.
Oof sorry to hear. What got you fired exactly?

Wishing you luck in getting another job. I myself am looking for a third part-time one.
reading books
What kind of books do you read? Novels? Mangas? Comics? Or all above?

I like natural horror, hence reading these books called Claw by Katie Berry.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
What kind of books do you read? Novels? Mangas? Comics? Or all above?

I like natural horror, hence reading these books called Claw by Katie Berry.
I prefer non-fictional stuff. I have a BUNCH of books showcasing different dinosaur species.

I do have the odd fiction book tho, I read The Fault in Our Stars once and cried myself silly at it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have a BUNCH of books showcasing different dinosaur species.
One of them acrocanthosaurus? That's my favorite dino.

The fact it was an experienced and specialized sauropod killer, being able to kill prey larger then it. It's spinal ridge also makes it look cool and unique amongst other theropods (Not counting spinosaurus which is different from others).

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Here's what we can expect from Athena P this month:

Video #1 - Trolls/Trollz lore
Video #2 - Ranking the favorite ships of her followers
Video #3 - The Patrick Star Show lore
Video #4 - Teletubbies and Boohbah double review and comparison

One of them acrocanthosaurus? That's my favorite dino.

The fact it was an experienced and specialized sauropod killer, being able to kill prey larger then it. It's spinal ridge also makes it look cool and unique amongst other theropods (Not counting spinosaurus which is different from others).
It's pretty cool how so many dinosaurs came in different shapes and sizes. No small wonder I loved them as a kid. And I still really like them today, honestly!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My January wasn’t too bad, been mostly working and exercising. Playing some switch titles on the side but not as much as usual. Also been shiny hunting totodile in Pokemon crystal in between calls lol.
The Super Bowl as broadcast on Nickelodeon will have Sweet Victory being used in the show.
1706821733412.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
After playing Palworld for a while, I do have a few pros and cons on the game:

Pros:
  • The catching mechanics are very satisfying. Seeing the actual capture % adds a lot to the tension and hype to the game if you're trying to catch an overleveled pal.
  • The actual movement and combat is fun. Takes a lot from ARK and BOTW in this regard. But you have the option to either utilize pals for more pokemon-style combat or rely on your firearms more. The option to use certain pals as weapons and ride/fly/glide on a large selection of pals is also a treat.
  • I really like how most pals have different utilities outside of battling. It allows players to keep using their favorites even if they are not optimized for combat. Also, breeding and condensing mechanics allow players to use early-game pals in the lategame which I appreciate.
  • The world is pretty massive with different biomes. The hot/cold system in different biomes reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter and ARK, and I'm a sucker for environmental effects actually affecting the player. The fact that different pals appear during the day/night cycle is also cool. Hopefully in a future update the devs can implement weather like rain to further push this concept.
  • The custom difficulty settings are a great inclusion. I really appreciate how there are so many customizable elements in the game to make it as easy or difficult as the player wants.
  • The pals in general are very emotive in their animations and they each have their own little quirks on how they do tasks or relax. They generally have a lot of charm and I can see why certain pals are quickly developing a fanbase. It seems like the animators really had fun creating the animations for a lot of them. Most of the pal designs are really good too, though there are some that take a little too heavily from pokemon.
  • The $30 USD price tag definitely is a plus. I feel that this game at that price is a steal.
Cons:
  • The game currently has a lot of glitches. Sometimes pals will go flying off into the horizon randomly if you try to attack or catch them. Pal pathing is also a big issue. Sometimes base workers will get stuck in hard-to-reach areas and slowly starve. There are also rare instances where the player will get stuck behind walls or get stuck using the grappling hook. I haven't personally encountered anything game-breaking yet. The dev team announced that bug fixes were their top priority, and their latest patch has seemingly resolved a few of those issues.
  • Even though the world is massive, it's still pretty empty aside from dungeons and collectables. There aren't really any meaningful NPC interactions either, and the syndicate leaders are just glorified pal bosses at the moment. There are several journals scattered around that tell a little bit of a story, but I would love to see more meaningful NPC interactions. The grunts walking around have no real purpose except randomly chasing you if they see you. This is an aspect that the devs should work on more to make the world feel more alive.
  • Some of the pal designs are very heavily influenced by pokemon, though this topic has been beaten to death already. It doesn't personally bother me to the point of not enjoying the game, but there were definitely a few pals where I was going "this is straight-up using pokemon parts." The main examples I've seen were Dinossom (Meganium head on Goodra body with Lilligant flower on head) and Azurobe (Serperior body with Primariana hair). Even though the designs look very similar, I think at most they were tracing the models instead of taking them 1/1 though. Curiously, Pokemon might not have been the artists' only inspiration, as Blazehowl and Blazehowl Noct look very similar to Teostra and Lunastra from Monster Hunter (though the case could be made that this was moreso inspiration as the cartoony pal models are very different from MH's more realistic renders).
  • The base building can get very janky sometimes. A majority of the building mechanics are solid, but there are some parts that are needlessly finnicky.
Is the game a Pokemon killer like some people are saying? No, it most definitely isn't. But after the initial hype for the game inevitably dies, I can see it still holding success as a survival/crafting game mainstay if the devs listen to the community and put the time and care into updating it. All in all, I hope that the game does well in the future.
The difficulty customizability is honestly an underrated selling point of the game tbh.

The fact you can make the game as easy or as hard as you want is kinda great, with tons of options in between.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Keep in mind that Palworld is still in development, so glitches and content are subject to change.

Also, I have not left the first area yet since I have to reprogram the game's settings to work with my computer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The closest we got to the original animation was one of the Paramount+ commercials where Patrick Stewart makes everyone who climbed the mountain dance like a metaphor (their words not mine)
quite a metaphor

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Wake me up until Athena P talks about the Stone Protectors. :laugh:
Personally I'm waiting for her to cover Pocoyo, Pinkalicious and Grossology

Pocoyo because these children are stuck living in a void of white nothingness with their only guardian being an omniscient voice from the heavens, Grossology because it's basically Science Wordgirl, and Pinkalicious because I can totally see Athena making very amusing comparisons with the original books, trying to make sense of the bizarre fixation on pink, and ofc the music being all
1706827148712.png

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Welp, the cat's out of the bag at last. The first X-Men '97 leaks have surfaced online on social medias(I got a hold of them weeks ago thanks to a friend from a small Marvel server I'm in). This time we have a lot of official promo art, a leaked screenshot which shows how the series will be visually and stuff regarding the leaked videogame-themed episode.

Screenshot_2024-02-01-22-34-43-46_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg

GFR4Tp2agAAhuUf.png

GFR51uQacAAs1VL.png

GFR51qSbQAADXbd.png

IMG_1232.png

GFR50xAacAAXXz2.png

GFSBbF6bQAAjU1J.jpg

IMG_1233.png

GFR3m-KaEAAwa9j.png

Praying ya'll enjoy these looks at the new show :) I personally am excited for It.

Attachments

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Welp, the cat's out of the bag at last. The first X-Men '97 leaks have surfaced online on social medias(I got a hold of them weeks ago thanks to a friend from a small Marvel server I'm in). This time we have a lot of official promo art, a leaked screenshot which shows how the series will be visually and stuff regarding the leaked videogame-themed episode.

Praying ya'll enjoy these looks at the new show :) I personally am excited for It.
oh this actually looks kinda cool. I've pretty much 100% tapped out of Marvel stuff at this point but hoping this is good

Top Bottom