• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just started the Ted series and realized the dad on the show is played by mother ****ing Steve Smith what the ****

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jun Kazama and Link (:younglinkmelee:) when they are summoned to use a holy artifact to defeat an ancient evil, specifically within a timeframe of seven years:

1706675982842.jpeg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Porygon

With

Teeth
Cryptogon, the Cyrpto Pokemon. Once a highly sought out Pokemon, recent developments made it realize that it's life is now worth nothing but mere pennies. Some trainers still cling onto it regardless (Burning Black)

Cryptogon, the Crypto Pokemon. It's an utterly useless and pathetic mon. While some trainers try to salvage it, most trainers do it a favor and put it out of their misery (Watt White)

Shroob

Sup?
Cryptogon, the Cyrpto Pokemon. Once a highly sought out Pokemon, recent developments made it realize that it's life is now worth nothing but mere pennies. Some trainers still cling onto it regardless (Burning Black)

Cryptogon, the Crypto Pokemon. It's an utterly useless and pathetic mon. While some trainers try to salvage it, most trainers do it a favor and put it out of their misery (Watt White)
Its Signature Move is To the Moon

This move has a 100% chance to fail

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Its Signature Move is To the Moon

This move has a 100% chance to fail
Actually it's 100% failure if you defeat Ghetsis. After Plasma's last two failures, he's taken to new affairs; buying social media and spreading misinformation across Unova.

Oh and also he's killing Kyruem with his crypto mine in the grand chasm.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And Arceus, the god of the Pokemon just goes

"Lol k"
Arceus took a random child and threw them into a savage past, kidnapped a subway worker and also threw him back in time with no memory, just for the lolz.

So I don’t think Arceus really Cares about stability lmao.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As someone who has been a long time fan of the Super Mario franchise, I did enjoy the film. However, it isn't without its flaws in which I do wish that parts of the writing could had been better in my opinion.

As for the whole RT Vs Audience Score debacle, there will always be a discord amongst the two as one looks more on the quality aspect whilst the other looks more on the entertainment aspect.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've yet to see the Mario movie, so I can't speak to the film's quality either way yet.

At least it seems to have gotten more praise than any of Illumination's movies that aren't one of the Despicable Me films and maybe Sing 2.

Hey guys guess what it's Minnie Driver's birthday today and also mine
View attachment 383799
Today marks the dawn of another year of my existence. Here's to however many more years I can take before I ascend to the next realm, time to eat some pizza

Gabby supremacy as always
Happy Birthday, Pink Yoshi! Hope ya have a good one!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In industry news, Sega of America is reportedly laying off more than 10% of its staff. Edit: According to a report it’s 61 positions.

All these layoffs in just the first month. I’d hate to see February and what it does to the industry.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys guess what it's Minnie Driver's birthday today and also mine
View attachment 383799
Today marks the dawn of another year of my existence. Here's to however many more years I can take before I ascend to the next realm, time to eat some pizza

Gabby supremacy as always
Pink_yoshi_egg.png

Oh sorry, didn't mean to dox your developing stage on the B-Day.

Enjoy it.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Arceus took a random child and threw them into a savage past, kidnapped a subway worker and also threw him back in time with no memory, just for the lolz.

So I don’t think Arceus really Cares about stability lmao.
I think Arceus did that so Volo wouldn't destroy the entire universe, not "for the lulz".

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I learned the co creator of Sliders (Tracy Tormé, he also wrote some Star Trek the Next Generation episodes) passed away earlier this month.

Now I want to rewatch the first two seasons in his memory.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
IMG_7918.jpeg

IMG_7919.jpeg

IMG_7937.jpeg

Context: Nagumo (black hair) is not Nagumo. Nagumo can change his and one other person’s appearance for 24 hours. He killed Gaku and is disguised to blend in. We know this because the Nagumo we see is stabbed with Nagumo’s weapons, and Gaku religiously only uses hammers. Now that he found this man in the turtleneck, who is actually the main antagonist AND a dead boy possessed by the soul of another dead woman who used to be Nagumo’s BFF (read the manga), we’re about to enter some heavy plot.

Shonen has a lot of good stuff coming out this month. We’re reaching peak kino.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean I enjoyed the Mario Movie by a lot but objectively, Rotten Tomatoes isn't wrong...

Like a 6/10 is pretty accurate.
If you had fun watching it than why judge it critically? Why taint the world with needless negativity and… I should sit down before Noipoi catches me and starts making jokes about pots and kettles.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you had fun watching it than why judge it critically? Why taint the world with needless negativity and… I should sit down before Noipoi catches me and starts making jokes about pots and kettles.
I enjoy plenty of movies that are stupid or downright awful. Won't call them masterpieces nor would they win any awards. When it comes to recommending them to people or talking about overall quality with people, then I gotta look at it objectively and not let my bias get in the way. And truthfully, dissecting movies positively or negatively can be pretty fun when you take a deep dive into it.

Like the Mario movie in this instance, I enjoyed it, but there were some serious flaws that I can't ignore.

Now what I won't do is Cinemasins it, that's how not to have fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom