• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw this probably fake pokemon day rumor, but you know what, props for creativity:
IMG_9565.jpeg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Into the trash it goooooooooooes
lol why? Trash as in oh no ILca is making it, ir trash as in “no way they get to come back?”

because I feel they are definitely going to make another game. GF is the one that held them back from making BDSP. Not to mention people liked the one piece game they made.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Even then the last part is so obviously bs, a freaking Kyruem game... In KALOS???
The starters is what screamed fake to me.

Kalos canonically has no legendary pokemon to call their own.

Zygard straight up moved away to Hawaii. Might as well give Kyreum some new digs lol.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Who are Xerneas and Yveltal?
No legendary Pokemon to call their own besides the box art legends and the one who should've been a box art legendary.

And Hoopa, but...you know what I shouldn't act like you can't make a story centered around it if I've played Pokemon Unbound.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like I would imagine a Kalos prequel would discuss the war, or at least the aftermath. Kyruem has nothing to do with that, unless he just took a vacation there for whatever reason.
Well that post says industrial age. That’s way past the time of the war. So this would have to be something new and original. I assume the post is trying to play off of Khu’s paradox Unova post.
Also let Mega Evos go man.

It's over.
They definitely will come back eventually but not in a main game. Side games are fair game. Masters still uses them, Go still uses them, and the anime does too still. They definitely don’t want to erase it.

Shroob

Sup?
Also let Mega Evos go man.

It's over.
Tbh, if TPC didn't keep using them in everything outside the mainline games I think people would to some extent but

They're in GO, they were in the OG Mystery Dungeon Remake, they were in Let's GO

They know they're popular, they keep milking 'em for profit, but they just don't put em in the main series.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
lol why? Trash as in oh no ILca is making it, ir trash as in “no way they get to come back?”

because I feel they are definitely going to make another game. GF is the one that held them back from making BDSP. Not to mention people liked the one piece game they made.
It does not seem in character for Gamefreak to switch to another developer and have them make another game of that scale and not be directly involved. Especially considering how Legends Arceus was gamefreak and is considered mainline

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No legendary Pokemon to call their own besides the box art legends and the one who should've been a box art legendary.

And Hoopa, but...you know what I shouldn't act like you can't make a story centered around it if I've played Pokemon Unbound.
Considering Hoopa's a Djinn, I always found it weird it got introduced in.... France of all places.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Considering Hoopa's a Djinn, I always found it weird it got introduced in.... France of all places.
The land of HON HON HON BAGUETTE SACRE BLEU also managed to sneak in a luchador, and the 3 Musketeers legendaries weren't saved for it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean they introduced elemental genies and Taoism in New York City of all places, I don't think they actually did research.

Oh, and making Pokemon based of the French classic "Three Musketeers" and then making them unavailable in the French region. GameFreak moment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbh, if TPC didn't keep using them in everything outside the mainline games I think people would to some extent but

They're in GO, they were in the OG Mystery Dungeon Remake, they were in Let's GO

They know they're popular, they keep milking 'em for profit, but they just don't put em in the main series.
Which is why a legends type game feels fair game for megas back.
It does not seem in character for Gamefreak to switch to another developer and have them make another game of that scale and not be directly involved. Especially considering how Legends Arceus was gamefreak and is considered mainline
Fair, but before BDSP people would say the same thing. So given that it worked for that game, it’s not impossible for Gamefreak to give them full control.
Also this is the first time I heard that GameFreak held them back with BDSP, given that 0 GameFreak staff was involved besides Masuda.
Look at the artbook, ILCa had very ambitious ideas that they cut down, likely because GF wanted a by the numbers remake.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Which is why a legends type game feels fair game for megas back.

Fair, but before BDSP people would say the same thing. So given that it worked for that game, it’s not impossible for Gamefreak to give them full control.

Look at the artbook, ILCa had very ambitious ideas that they cut down, likely because GF wanted a by the numbers remake.
ILCA is good when they're co-developers. They've helped with games such as Nier Automata and Dragon Quest XI. And would presumably get help from Monolith since they secretly co-developed PLA alongside Game Freak.

Reactions: Z25

Dukefire

Smash Master
Since Pokémon day is tomorrow, what are your top 5 favorite pokemon? You can add your reasons why.

Here are mine:
1. Skeledirge (Great tank with Special attack. K rool is its name.)
2. Gardevior (Special attack: psychic and fairy. Has not let me down since Gen 3 despite its slow growth and fairy weakness after X & Y.)
3. Gengar (one of the pokemon I grew up with since Heartgold. Didn't know about its potential back then.)
4. Nidoking (one of my pokemon in Heartgold's team. Grew up with him and the name is King. Literally)
5. Mawile (Great defense and attack. Main part of team in Gale of Darkness. Stats and move pool could've been better)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well I looked at the artbook and... not really?

I mean the environmental art style is pretty but aside from that everything that's in there is exactly how the final game looks. The trainers are 1:1 faithful recreations of the DS games, and presumably that was the plan for the whole game in the pre-development stages. Enviromental art is also never how the final games look either, and that's true for almost every game in general.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
That leak was just a jumbled bunch of buffoonery.
Yeah that is the takeaway

90% of fake pokemon leaks are just Madlibs

You can make a pokemon leak at home with this handy guide!

-New remakes Pokemon (insert adjective) Black and (insert Adjective) White, developed by (insert game company here) and will have (insert a concept that pokemon fans will either love or hate)

-Return of (insert pokemon spinoff name here)

-new pokemon spinoff. Pokemon (Insert Verb), will be for (insert modern nintendo console or mobile device)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I looked at the artbook and... not really?

I mean the environmental art style is pretty but aside from that everything that's in there is exactly how the final game looks. The trainers are 1:1 faithful recreations of the DS games, and presumably that was the plan for the whole game in the pre-development stages. Enviromental art is also never how the final games look either, and that's true for almost every game in general.
Considering the concepts for the legend rooms made it in, but not their wider scale takes on cities and breathing life into them like the drifblim floating around the cities and what not. There’s a whole thing you can find with it online. I really think if they were making it themselves they would go more out, because again their previous record with games backs that up. I think they could do well if they got the chance.

Shroob

Sup?
So uh

In wherever Pokemon Middle East is

Do you think people hunt for Ghost Pokemon like this? :nifty:

Lowkey Arab Ghost Hunting videos are hilarious. They get soo angry and kick the **** out of everything.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So uh

In wherever Pokemon Middle East is

Do you think people hunt for Ghost Pokemon like this? :nifty:

Lowkey Arab Ghost Hunting videos are hilarious. They get soo angry and kick the **** out of everything.
There’s a haunted door Pokémon that came to life from too many 3am ghost video challenges where people kept kicking the **** out of it.

Top Bottom