• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
seems that you no longer have to date the women in Persona 3 to complete their social links (confidants still sounds better to me) via Reload now

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1706650947299.png

1. Congrats
2. With how wild their behind the scene stories are with the show…I shouldn’t have been surprised by this

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s made by the storyboard artist if you read the description
I’m not surprised it got cut. I’m surprised that Pokémon execs liked it considering it just radiates Internet ****post energy and does not feel like something that would be put out by the actual companies. Like, this is something I expect to be animated by Dorkly pixel artists and voiced by soundalike VAs. Like… why? Pokémon isn’t even owned by Warner Bros.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’m not surprised it got cut. I’m surprised that Pokémon execs liked it considering it just radiates Internet ****post energy and does not feel like something that would be put out by the actual companies. Like, this is something I expect to be animated by Dorkly pixel artists and voiced by soundalike VAs. Like… why? Pokémon isn’t even owned by Warner Bros.
Ma'am this is Daffy Duck in Pokemon, I don't think there could be anything that won't make it an internet ****post.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not surprised it got cut. I’m surprised that Pokémon execs liked it considering it just radiates Internet ****post energy and does not feel like something that would be put out by the actual companies. Like, this is something I expect to be animated by Dorkly pixel artists and voiced by soundalike VAs. Like… why?
IMG_8056.jpeg

I dunno man I think it’s pretty funny :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ma'am this is Daffy Duck in Pokemon, I don't think there could be anything that won't make it an internet ****post.
And Internet **** posts don’t belong on the silver screen
View attachment 383762
I dunno man I think it’s pretty funny :drshrug:
Good for you I guess. But I look at it and just feel shocked and incensed.
Also Pokemon (especially 90s mon) does have the Kids WB connection. It would have fit the movie.

Edit: It also aired on Cartoon Network which is owned by WB as well.
That doesn’t mean Warner Bros. owns Pokémon and that Pokémon would be in the server-verse.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
300px-NoFunAllowed.jpg

Maybe it was included as a way of promoting Detective Pikachu?

Although that doesn’t explain why Brock was used.
Detective Pikachu was already out 2 years prior, Brock being there means it was 100% a Kids WB reference

Noipoi

Howdy!

Good for you I guess. But I look at it and just feel shocked and incensed.

That doesn’t mean Warner Bros. owns Pokémon and that Pokémon would be in the server-verse.
You sound like such a crotchety old person. How dare people have fun in the ways you don’t specifically approve of!!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It was included because a smart alec Gen whatever storyboarder thought they could get away with putting their ****post in a movie.
He was literally asked to make a Pokemon scene by his job. He did exactly that. Enough with these boomer ass rants because you don't like something.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fun is allowed. I apologize for getting so worked up over it. I just had such a contrary reaction when I first saw it I guess I felt like I needed to escalate in proportion to how much I knew people would like it. But I don’t. I don’t need to get that mad about it. But I still think it’s kinda dumb and am glad it didn’t make the movie.
You sound like such a crotchety old person. How dare people have fun in the ways you don’t specifically approve of!!
I mean… my autism wants to go on a rant about how WB doesn’t own the Pokémon franchise and that the server-verse is only supposed to have universes in it that feature franchises they own or have exclusive creative control over (hence why it does feature Harry Potter but doesn’t feature middle earth) and that just because they licensed the brand to make Detective Pikachu or bought the American broadcasting rights for the Pokémon anime in the 90s and 2000s (which have since gone to Disney I might add) doesn’t mean that a whole world based on the franchise would exist in the server verse and that the sequence fundamentally breaks the world building… and I kind of just did…. but bottom line it that I need to cool off and let you enjoy it while still maintaining that I don’t. And am glad it’s not in the final project.
He was literally asked to make a Pokemon scene by his job. He did exactly that. Enough with these boomer ass rants because you don't like something.
I really should have clicked through and read the description… though this information puzzles me even more…

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It was included because a smart alec Gen whatever storyboarder thought they could get away with putting their ****post in a movie.
I'm curious, what about deleted scene seems like a ****post?

To me, it just looks like more meta humor, just with Pokemon. And it's not much styled like a lot of memes, either, as Daffy, Porky, Bugs and Brock are all still acting in-character here, while Pikachu and Lebron (still playing himself) are just reacting to the chaos and, in the latter case, the presence of Pokemon at all.

EDIT: Didn't see your above post before I made this reply, but it essentially already answeres this. My apologies.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm curious, what about deleted scene seems like a ****post?

To me, it just looks like more meta humor, just with Pokemon. And it's not much styled like a lot of memes, either, as Daffy, Porky, Bugs and Brock are all still acting in-character here, while Pikachu and Lebron (still playing himself) are just reacting to the chaos and, in the latter case, the presence of Pokemon at all.

EDIT: Didn't see your above post before I made this reply, but it essentially already answeres this. My apologies.
I will say that the way the guy narrates the storyboard made it come across **** post-ey. But maybe that’s just me.

Top Bottom