• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Considering the concepts for the legend rooms made it in, but not their wider scale takes on cities and breathing life into them like the drifblim floating around the cities and what not. There’s a whole thing you can find with it online. I really think if they were making it themselves they would go more out, because again their previous record with games backs that up. I think they could do well if they got the chance.
I did look at it all. The environmental art is pretty but I doubt GameFreak yelled at ILCA and tell them to scrap it and make it exactly like the DS games. That's something that comes into the pre-dev phase, the intent was always to make it top-down, 1:1 faithfulness, with the Chibi Style. The art came later, and usually art like that is to illustrate the vibe environments give off, primarily to the developers/modelers. Every Pokemon game (heck, games in general) does this, from Gen 1 all the way to Gen 9, and the games recreate it to a degree. If they didn't in your eyes, then that's moreso on ILCA for doing an inadequate job

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Even then... ILCA doing a Legends game...
****ed up how the Pokemon that can time travel isn't in the game about time travel, huh.
What was Dialga doing in SV, the Lord of Time just ignored the fact that two professors were destroying the fabric of the world by bending the rules of time by the flick of a button.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tekken 8’s final boss music reminds me too much of It Has To Be This Way. I like it, but you cannot deny how similar it sounds in the chorus.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Tekken 8’s final boss music reminds me too much of It Has To Be This Way. I like it, but you cannot deny how similar it sounds in the chorus.
And standing here I realize, you are just like me. :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon day is tomorrow, if I gather the talk around this place right. So I guess I'll see people around here talking about all the Pokemon stuff that happens tomorrow. If it does. And continue on as a passive observer of the franchise, yearning for it to be in a state where I would find it enjoyable.

Shroob

Sup?
Pokemon day is tomorrow, if I gather the talk around this place right. So I guess I'll see people around here talking about all the Pokemon stuff that happens tomorrow. If it does. And continue on as a passive observer of the franchise, yearning for it to be in a state where I would find it enjoyable.
Nah, it's not til Feb 27th.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Hopefully I don't get in trouble for talking about this as I did on Discord, but I've been thinking more these past months about Talocan in Wakanda Forever... And idk, I feel that while It isn't awful representation, there's room for improvements.

For starters, did ya'll know that the Inca empire was known as the Kingdom Of The Sun? And that they were so smart they actually were very great on mathematics, roadways, costumes, architecture and more? I did know this for a really long while... And honestly while Talocan in Wakanda Forever is quite pleasing to the eye... I feel It doesn't really scream "Kingdom Of The Sun" to me. Not to mention that imo using very rural weaponry alongside animals doesn't really do justice to their advancements.

There's also the whole Imperius Rex scene. Call me crazy if you want... But isn't It weird that a leader of a hidden nation which wants to end imperialism and colonization suddenly decides to use an expression which was used heavily during the Roman empire? Specially when he already had a warcry which worked way better (Li'ik Talocan).

Again, not saying that I hate how they did Talocan as a whole: Con La Brisa is a great scene, Namor's reimagining has a lot of good ideas behind it and the music was really flawless overall. Just saying, It could have been better. Encanto and Coco for example did Colombia and México respectively quite amazing in comparison, even including stuff such as the arepas (one of my favourite foods btw) or the building style of the houses.

First of all, add more lightning to the city of Talocan. Mostly so It isn't extremely dark and becomes more fitting of being called part of the Kingdom Of The Sun.

Second of all, take some stuff from the comics and make them use evolved versions of the technology the aztecs had similar to how the 616 comics use modernized Atlantis imagery.

Third of all, instead of using animals to transport, make them use underwater ships with incredible architecture. That way you represent one of the greatest achievements of the Aztec empire.

Finally, get rid of Imperius Rex. I know It is a key Namor catchphrase from the comics... But sadly It doesn't make sense for the message Wakanda Forever tried to transmit.

That's all, just wanted to share my two cents on the whole thing. Hopefully I don't get called a "fake latino" or a "dumbass Indiana Jones fan who knows nothing about latinos" as I got told on that one Marvel Discord server I left.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I mean I enjoyed the Mario Movie by a lot but objectively, Rotten Tomatoes isn't wrong...

Like a 6/10 is pretty accurate.
Yeah after rewatching the Mario Movie again with my parent, a 6/10 is on point.
I even think the first Sonic movie significantly better that I can give it a 7/10.
I do need to rewatch the second Sonic movie before I can confidently say it's a 8/10.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then what was all that talk from earlier about?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tbh I feel people who liked the Mario movie seem to be insecure and need to be validated. Like, if you like a movie, that's an experience nobody can take away from you and you should be glad it happened, I wouldn't call Mechanical Violator Hakaider a cinematic masterpiece everyone needs to see but when I watched it for the first time, I felt nothing but joy, seeing a movie like that with my loved ones as a palette cleanser after watching Rise of Skywalker together.

Kudos on not throwing a fit that the Bowser song wasn't nominated for best song though, it doesn't deserve it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh I feel people who liked the Mario movie seem to be insecure and need to be validated. Like, if you like a movie, that's an experience nobody can take away from you and you should be glad it happened
I mean that's how it is for a lot of films nowadays, especially ones with huge nerd followings.

Top Bottom