• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I caught a Malamar in a tera raid battle.

That's good for me as my Joy-Cons are in too poor in condition to evolve an Inkay by myself

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The new Avatar live action show is going to tone back on some of Sokka’s moments where he appears to be sexist.

Isn’t part of his character arc in the original show learning to overcome it like after meeting the Kyoshi Warriors?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Netflix Avatar is toning down Sokka’s sexism arc for the show…bummer since that played an important role in him maturing

edit: I am the late as ****, so…here’s the new DCU Supergirl as compensation
IMG_1902.jpeg

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The new Avatar live action show is going to tone back on some of Sokka’s moments where he appears to be sexist.

Isn’t part of his character arc in the original show learning to overcome it like after meeting the Kyoshi Warriors?
Yeah. But we can’t actually show people who are in the wrong do things that are #cancelable offenses because apparently just depicting it in media means you condone it on some level as a creator.

****ing Twitter callout cancel culture cinema sins nostalgia critic media illiterate bull****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People are thinking Nintendo recently filing a trademark for the GameCube controller could mean something is going to happen.

Or, you know, maybe more likely Nintendo is simply protecting their rights to it.
Protecting their rights to the “best controller design ever” that nobody ever copied, never became industry standard, and Nintendo didn’t even keep for their next console outside of backwards compatibility. Not even for the design of their pro controllers.

I was 10 when I first got the GameCube controller so I could play Nicktoons Unite on my Wii and I hated it. My memory of exactly why is foggy but I remember hating the controller and wishing I could play with the Wii remote and nunchuck. A problem I didn’t have when I got my 360 a few years later. So yeah, I’m gonna be salty when a bunch of people who only like the thing because they grew up with it call it “the best controller ever” when all evidence points to the contrary. Aside from the hundreds of people who keep saying it for some baffling reason. We get it. You like Melee, Double Dash, and Metroid Prime. Your controller still looks like a normal game controller filtered through the lens of Pablo Picasso.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Protecting their rights to the “best controller design ever” that nobody ever copied, never became industry standard, and Nintendo didn’t even keep for their next console outside of backwards compatibility. Not even for the design of their pro controllers.

I was 10 when I first got the GameCube controller so I could play Nicktoons Unite on my Wii and I hated it. My memory of exactly why is foggy but I remember hating the controller and wishing I could play with the Wii remote and nunchuck. A problem I didn’t have when I got my 360 a few years later. So yeah, I’m gonna be salty when a bunch of people who only like the thing because they grew up with it call it “the best controller ever” when all evidence points to the contrary. Aside from the hundreds of people who keep saying it for some baffling reason. We get it. You like Melee, Double Dash, and Metroid Prime. Your controller still looks like a normal game controller filtered through the lens of Pablo Picasso.
Skill Issue

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1706584877991.jpeg

any possible thoughts on her being the new Supergirl?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People are thinking Nintendo recently filing a trademark for the GameCube controller could mean something is going to happen.

Or, you know, maybe more likely Nintendo is simply protecting their rights to it.
I mean they still make Gamecube controllers so it really means nothing.

Also, side note, I find it funny that Gamecube Controllers were compatible with the Wii U but only for Smash. Despite the fact that the Wii U was 100% capable of running Wii Games that had GCN support as well as GameCube games that they never put on the system for some reason

Shroob

Sup?
So uhhh, yeah, how do I turn off people's retweets lol.

A bunch of my friends wanted me to get an account to stay in touch but, I really don't wanna see most of the stuff they retweet lmfao.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The GameCube controller is somehow the most comfortable controller I’ve ever used to this day. I’ve got skeleton thin fingers, so it’s probably more fitted for my hands. It’s obviously my Smash controller choice too, since my early childhood was Melee/Brawl.

You wouldn’t catch me dead playing with Wiimote. The speaker effect was very cool, but that’s the only novelty.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

A bunch of my friends wanted me to get an account to stay in touch but, I really don't wanna see most of the stuff they retweet lmfao.
This should work:
IMG_9561.jpeg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rewatching The Owl House makes me realize just how good the show's OST is.

There's some incredible songs and leitmotifs all throughout the show that I didn't even notice or pay much attention to on my first watches of some episodes. Listening to the official OST helps some of them stand out even better and makes me appreciat the composers and all the work and creativity they put into the songs all the more.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if Disney is smart, they’ll renew Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur for a 3rd and maybe 4th season…

but then I remember they cancelled Owl House and Ghost & Molly McGee so I shouldn’t have too much hope despite it being a Marvel show

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

out of morbid curiosity

is it like, the "political take" kinda retweets orrrrrrr...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know, considering how many different web series have been adapted into series for it and the sheer popularity of this particular web series, I wouldn't even be very shocked if Netflix actually did a TV series adaptation of Skibidi Toilet of all things at some point.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, considering how many different web series have been adapted into series for it and the sheer popularity of this particular web series, I wouldn't even be very shocked if Netflix actually did a TV series adaptation of Skibidi Toilet of all things at some point.
Speakin of

You ever hear of Dear David? It was a Twitter saga story like The Sun Vanished about some dude living in a haunted apartment.

Apparently they made a ****ING MOVIE based on it and it was as terrible as you'd expect lmao.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speakin of

You ever hear of Dear David? It was a Twitter saga story like The Sun Vanished about some dude living in a haunted apartment.

Apparently they made a ****ING MOVIE based on it and it was as terrible as you'd expect lmao.
I've heard of it before, but I knew next to nothing about it besides the title. Major oof...

I remember some other Twitter story called "You Might be the Killer" getting adapted into a horror comedy movie for TV as well and it actually turned out pretty good, so it's not like the problem was JUST that it was based on a Twitter thread. Depending on the quality of the story told in the thread, they may have either missed a big opportunity for a good film here or just chose a bad story to adapt).

Shroob

Sup?
I've heard of it before, but I knew next to nothing about it besides the title. Major oof...

I remember some other Twitter story called "You Might be the Killer" getting adapted into a horror comedy movie for TV as well and it actually turned out pretty good, so it's not like the problem was JUST that it was based on a Twitter thread. Depending on the quality of the story told in the thread, they may have either missed a big opportunity for a good film here or just chose a bad story to adapt).
The real issue is the movie was secretly a big advertisement for Buzzfeed. :nifty:

No joke, the guy who started the Twitter thread and is also the main star of the film is a Buzzfeed employee and they slap you soo much with Buzzfeed stuff it's not funny.

But ya, they took an interesting story and made it..... really bad lmao.

Top Bottom