• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pyoro, a much more credible leaker, just shut down Zippo’s claims of a Nintendo Direct next week. Zippo was wrong, who’da thunk it?
Personally I’ll be very surprised if we get a direct before we see Switch 2. I guess that depends on release date though. Like if it’s aiming for a may or June release, then it’s can’t see them doing a direct without it getting a presentation.

If releasing Christmas time, then we won’t see it till June then. Which isn’t impossible either as Paper Mario and Peach showtime definitely would get a good focus in the next direct in that case.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Personally I’ll be very surprised if we get a direct before we see Switch 2. I guess that depends on release date though. Like if it’s aiming for a may or June release, then it’s can’t see them doing a direct without it getting a presentation.

If releasing Christmas time, then we won’t see it till June then. Which isn’t impossible either as Paper Mario and Peach showtime definitely would get a good focus in the next direct in that case.
Nah man, I sees it like this-

February direct to sort of wrap up the last Switch releases, get a release date on Paper Mario, tidbits on Peach Showtime, and maybe a couple smaller games, before they end with the announcement of a proper reveal for the Switch 2 in March.

And then in March, once the thing gets a trailer, they’ll announce a whole presentation for it in June. And then we go from there.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't mind doing the long wait for a Nintendo Direct because holy **** if my 2024 list is already too big:

Let's do some math and for the sake of a maximum let's go for the most expensive prices: every PS5 Game except GoW, RE4 and Contra go for 80 bucks at launch where I live, GoW and RE4 respectively go for 50 bucks each, the Contra game is apparently 40 bucks, Paper Mario and Peach Showtime are likely 60 bucks, the Tom Nook LEGO set is 70 bucks and the Isabelle set is 40 bucks. Finally, Jean Grey and Cyclops both cost 30 bucks.

Tl;dr: 910 bucks I would need to spend at most in all of these. That's almost the whole salary my father had as a teacher for a month. It is a lot of money.
So yeah, I can easily wait for a Nintendo Direct if It means my wallet will be able to take some sort of air.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We talking Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games?

When's the last one you've actually played. I played Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics Games (2010) but that's really it.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Be greater...

...Together
Stop liking or reminding me of this post on my notifications please. I've made way better posts than this one.

Anyways... 30 minutes left until the Fortnite shop rotation. Gonna see if we get something cool tonight.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Going through Diamond Post-game. Trying to catch some stuff, still haven't settled on a 6th team member, but there's Weavile or Garchomp.

If the Switch 2 is backwards compatible, I'm really thinking about modding my current Switch, mostly for Smash.
I feel like they'd be losing a lot of money if they did NOT make it back compat. Unless they choose to go back to disc based games.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

When's the last one you've actually played. I played Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics Games (2010) but that's really it.
I think I played the first one.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

The demo of the 2012 game on 3DS? Don't think I've ever played them outside of that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know you listen to the Kongversation. You have no reason to be this pessimistic.
At this point I feel like the next console is coming this year, and I also believe Nintendo wouldn't allow it to launch without a 3D Mario nearby. Which sounds awesome, but also means that I don't think we'll be seeing DK until 2025.

Which isn't too far off, but we've still got a whole year to go. And it would mean the Switch would go by without a wholly original DK game.

So I'm not pessimistic, just calling it like I see it :dkmelee:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
haven’t seen so many happy Spider-Man fans online for a comic before

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At this point I feel like the next console is coming this year, and I also believe Nintendo wouldn't allow it to launch without a 3D Mario nearby. Which sounds awesome, but also means that I don't think we'll be seeing DK until 2025.

Which isn't too far off, but we've still got a whole year to go. And it would mean the Switch would go by without a wholly original DK game.

So I'm not pessimistic, just calling it like I see it :dkmelee:
The way you said it made it sound more pessimistic than realistic.

Also, they just finished a Zelda, so they need SOMETHING else to go with it the way they had Odyssey and Breath of the Wild in Launch Year.

Mario and Donkey Kong both in the launch year. It could happen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The way you said it made it sound more pessimistic than realistic.

Also, they just finished a Zelda, so they need SOMETHING else to go with it the way they had Odyssey and Breath of the Wild in Launch Year.

Mario and Donkey Kong both in the launch year. It could happen.
thinking.jpg

Hmm...

They do seem to be pushing Mario and DK as a sorta "frenemies" duo recently, what with the movie and the theme park and bringing back Mario vs Donkey Kong...

And while doubling up on platformers like it's the 90s isn't really in vogue anymore, I suppose they could offset that with something like a new Fire Emblem, good third party support, and a gimmicky launch title to balance out the genres...

And if Mario takes 3D and DK takes 2D...

Fair enough. I'm not gonna bet on it, but I suppose it's more possible than I thought.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 382815

Hmm...

They do seem to be pushing Mario and DK as a sorta "frenemies" duo recently, what with the movie and the theme park and bringing back Mario vs Donkey Kong...

And while doubling up on platformers like it's the 90s isn't really in vogue anymore, I suppose they could offset that with something like a new Fire Emblem, good third party support, and a gimmicky launch title to balance out the genres...

And if Mario takes 3D and DK takes 2D...

Fair enough. I'm not gonna bet on it, but I suppose it's more possible than I thought.
I'll take it!

Top Bottom