• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Anyone else feeling tense due to severe weather?
Down here in Raleigh, NC, we had heavy rainfall, a tornado watch, flash flood and regular flood watches, and a severe thunderstorm watch and I heard that many parts of the US is facing severe weather including 9 inches of snowfall.
I think we're starting to see the more drastic consequences of climate change getting out of control at this point, a LOT of these recent systems have felt unusual and been breaking record after record

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think we're starting to see the more drastic consequences of climate change getting out of control at this point, a LOT of these recent systems have felt unusual and been breaking record after record
Yeah, I agree. It is a shame though that some people would rather not believe in climate change. It is like someone ignoring all negative things just to live what they think is a happy life, when it is not.

D

Deleted member

I mean I'm 21 so for all intents and purposes my life is over. Next step for me is deathbed.
I'm 35 and I still feel like there's so much for me to experience. Like my newfound interest in Japanese culture.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Fire Emblem, I do feel like Nintendo's future is gonna be heavily focusing on big budget Action-Adventure RPGs (or things of that nature) games and their usual top sellers (Mario, Kirby, Splatoon). The market has spoken, and those are the big sellers nowadays. I'd imagine they have plans to expand Xenoblade and Fire Emblem to a wider audience, want to make Zelda their premier series over Mario, and Pokemon isn't going back to the old style any time soon.

Remember, Gen Z and Alpha are crazy about anime adventures and things of that nature. This is a much different landscape compared to the platformer mascot era that millenials and late Gen X grew up with.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
want to make Zelda their premier series over Mario
I...don't think planning to do this after the success of the Mario movie is the right time, unless the Zelda move is somehow even more successful. Or all the other signs that they aren't slowing down when it comes to Mario stuff.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I...don't think planning to do this after the success of the Mario movie is the right time, unless the Zelda move is somehow even more successful. Or all the other signs that they aren't slowing down when it comes to Mario stuff.
I meant have Zelda be the big bad hyped up release that can compete with the God of Wars and The Last of Us-es. To appeal to the shifting demographic.

Like Mario's generational but I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda keeps gets more of the push,

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I meant have Zelda be the big bad hyped up release that can compete with the God of Wars and The Last of Uses. To appeal to the shifting demographic.

Like Mario's generational but I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda keeps gets more of the push,
Nintendo has never bothered trying to compete. They only ever try to succeed. To think they will actually need to start is kind of funny.

Also people are getting really tired of those kinds of games despite the sails records. When a bubble is getting close to bursting you don't add your own... air...

cashregister9

Smash Hero

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3, and Pikmin 4 spirits heading to Smash Ultimate
The wording is kinda messed up here because of Twitter's translate, but I think it these 4 series are in the first event and there are 3 more which if that is the case is pretty cool which means the other waves will probably have Engage, Wonder, Pokemon, Nintendo Switch Sports, Everybody 1-2 Switch

all the classics.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo has never bothered trying to compete. They only ever try to succeed. To think they will actually need to start is kind of funny.

Also people are getting really tired of those kinds of games despite the sails records. When a bubble is getting close to bursting you don't add your own... air...
Nintendo is competing regardless of what they say. They may be the more gimmicky company, but they're still going against Sony and Microsoft in terms of sales the market share, they gotta give a reason to sell us Switches instead of Xboxes and PlayStations. That's where Zelda comes in, that's their premier, cinematic, AAA franchise that can go toe to toe with their premier, cinematic, AAA franchise. And clearly it's effective, both BoTW and ToTK are top 10 in Switch sales.

Also on people getting tired of these games... No? I mean if you have a source on that then share it, but that's not true at all. Just look at the hype of GTA6, those kinds of games are going nowhere.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
want to make Zelda their premier series over Mario, and Pokemon isn't going back to the old style any time soon.
in wrestling terms that only I will understand, best that happens is the Zelda franchise being the Randy Orton to Mario's John Cena

and then the Anoa'i Family is their Pokémon

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really think this is the first round of Switch clean up Spirits, and the next few waves will be events for other games like Forgotten Land, FE Engage, Mario Wonder, and Pokemon S/V. Really just celebrating the end of the Switch's lifespan.

But the fourth and final wave will be something Smash specific, for the 25th anniversary. Exactly what, I dunno.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Tho NGL. Ogerpon actually would make a cool fighter due to the mask gimmick.

It's not anything new to Smash since it's basically just Shulk's moveset, but it'd be neat.
tfw you get a ton of fanart because of your unmasked face, only to have your Smash moveset revolve around various ways to cover your face

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So when do y'all think we see the Switch 2?

Like it's been rumored for a long time and each year is the year they reveal it but seems like they're all narrowing it down to this year so uh...

2025?

Shroob

Sup?
So when do y'all think we see the Switch 2?

Like it's been rumored for a long time and each year is the year they reveal it but seems like they're all narrowing it down to this year so uh...

2025?
Could see them finally announce it for this year and launch it next yeah.

What exactly are we still waiting for?

TTYD Remake
Peach's game
And Prime 4getaboutit, it's not real

Top Bottom