• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I know what some of you may be thinking:

"Jotadé, it's a Bethesda game and there's too much of a high chance It turns out to be an Uncharted clone. Why are you THAT hyped for the Indiana Jones game?"

And here's the thing: ya'll may be onto something, but just imagine the best case scenario.

We could have a game full of Easter eggs and collectables from the whole franchise as Ghostbusters The Game did, we could potentially be playing with the iconic John Williams score having some awesome action scenes... And best of all, since Bethesda is publishing It we could have a choice mechanic reminiscent of the iconic Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis:

It likely won't be a point & click adventure (as much as I wish It was)... But wow, if this happens to have a choice mechanic as said game... We could be with something as great as the GotG game by Eidos Montreal 👀

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well it's an Arlo video, so it better :4pacman:

The only nitpicks I really have are 1) The Pokemon game would be announced on Pokemon day, because c'mon. and 2) No Donkey Kong 😔
I’m surprised he knew enough to correctly call them the Tao Trio (although being friends with Lockstin probably helps a little). I don’t think he knows about Pokemon day.

And yeah, the lack of Kong got to me to. Arlo only ever predicted it once when it was being pushed by the rumor mill and he always forgets to bring it up as a potential new thing in his prediction videos.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Definitely. He’s alluded to Kid Icarus uprising getting ported. Which means he’s either working on it or he knows or being worked on.
or Sakurai really wants more Kid Icarus content since Pit is his stepson

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The end of an era
Okay, this was unexpected.

I haven't even finished watching this, but I can already completely gather and understand why he's leaving GameTheory and passing the Theory channels onto someone else. He's been at this for a long while and it's taking up a good chunk of his life.

I wish MatPat the best. He's way earned this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The end of an era
Better to go out on a high note then for the channel to blow up because of a pedophilia scandal or something.

Also I had no idea the man was 37. Damn near 40 and making videos about FNAF and Skibidi Toilet. Yeah, go spend some time with your family, brother.

Godspeed :239:

Kinda gonna miss him…

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay, this was unexpected.

I haven't even finished watching this, but I can already completely gather and understand why he's leaving GameTheory and passing the Theory channels onto someone else. He's been at this for a long while and it's taking up a good chunk of his life.

I wish MatPat the best. He's way earned this.
This feels like Steve leaving Blue’s Clues.

Man why did he have to cry…

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Better to go out on a high note then for the channel to blow up because of a pedophilia scandal or something.

Also I had no idea the man was 37. Damn near 40 and making videos about FNAF and Skibidi Toilet. Yeah, go spend some time with your family, brother.

Kinda gonna miss him…
Yeah. I had no idea he was so old. He looks damn good for 37.

Even if you didn’t like him he was a part of internet culture and always had this sincere goofball energy when you interacted with him. It really feels like a major change. So much of the internet I grew up with is gonna be gone.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. I had no idea he was so old. He looks damn good for 37.

Even if you didn’t like him he was a part of internet culture and always had this sincere goofball energy when you interacted with him. It really feels like a major change. So much of the internet I grew up with is gonna be gone.
Nah, I talk **** but I like the guy. Grew up with his videos too.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Today while I was going back home from my production classes on bus, I met this person with this really incredible hairstyle and hair colour, told her how much I liked It and she was very pleased, also notices she had some sort of plushie on her backpack (it was semi-open), it reminded me of the Lilo one I got for Día de Reyes.
Before leaving the bus, she waved at me and said goodbye with a happy tone.

Idk, may try to talk with her tomorrow about her hobbies and such, maybe if this goes well after 5 days or so I'll ask her to go watch a movie with me or just take a walk.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Kinda gonna miss him…
Wait, he was accused of being a pedo?

Anyway, I was not too into him, but I do have some goodwill towards him. I wish him the best.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Definitely does feel like an era of my childhood has closed again. I used to watch his FNAF theories all the time, which led me to watch his other theories. Now of all the gaming giants that I watched, it's just DanTDM and Markiplier left. Everyone else retired or... "forcefully" retired, or they're Tobuscus

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, I prefer Film Theory's "Blair Witch Project" and "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" videos the most, they're the least depressing ones.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
People Getting Really Mad at Food is like...my favorite blog in the world right now

I crave the reactions to such dishes as Banana and Curry Pizza, Spaghetti Hoops Icecubes, and my favorite, Tasty Recipes' 4-Layer Pie with garlic knots, spinach dip, pasta bake, and a giant cookie base with sprinkles and chocolate sandwich cookies.

Once again, in the wise words of Star Butterfly, "Food is anarchy, dude. Live by your own rules."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Welcome to my world.
I feel old and broken down as a 24 year old due to seeing how crazy the modern day human can become at such a young age…imagine how ****ing dead inside and out you must feel every aching day in your life

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I'm not the biggest fan of MatPat's videos but this really is the end of an era. I wish him the best
yeah gonna be real the actual content of most of game theories vids are clear rage bait but I can't lie and say I didn't mildly enjoy some of them back during the fnaf/hello neighbor days in my pure kid like bliss

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

KillerCage

Smash Master
Anyone else feeling tense due to severe weather?
Down here in Raleigh, NC, we had heavy rainfall, a tornado watch, flash flood and regular flood watches, and a severe thunderstorm watch and I heard that many parts of the US is facing severe weather including 9 inches of snowfall.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyone else feeling tense due to severe weather?
Down here in Raleigh, NC, we had heavy rainfall, a tornado watch, flash flood and regular flood watches, and a severe thunderstorm watch and I heard that many parts of the US is facing severe weather including 9 inches of snowfall.
Sorry to hear that. I have had some snow here recently.

Top Bottom