• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!
Happy birthday

I gotta give it to Toei, after 48 years they managed to instantly make the worst ****ing helmets I have ever seen
The more I look at them the sillier they get to me and they don't give me nightmares like Battle Fever J so I cannot call them the worst.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Damn maybe I should watch Gotchard, every time I see something it sounds more and more fun

Shroob

Sup?
I've now done everything in Indigo Disk aside from the Alcremie forms and beating all 45 npc trainers.

I don't wanna do either, but I'll at least do one of them.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So is Three Houses a great place to start off for FE newcomers?

Or is Engage better?
I'd personally say Engage as it is a more traditional Fire Emblem game when compared to Three Houses.

But it does have a lot of references to the past of the series and the main story isn't the strongest (I'd personally call it generic, not bad, but many people outright hate it and I get why.) and if story is important to you that is something you should keep in mind.

If you have the means I would actually recommend Fire Emblem Awakening for beginners overall.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Or is Engage better?
Either work but Engage does want you to do the Pointing Leo meme with how it's an anniversary celebration title whilst also doing certain legacy characters dirty (Eirika is so much more than "My brother is so good"). Houses is a lot less of a traditional structure and if you want to experience everything you have to play through the game at least 3 times (4 assuming you don't save before the Eagles route split however the Route Split here is between a route that is largely the most unique route in the game that slightly remixes other maps with different starting points and objectives and a route which is 95% the same as Claude's route but without Claude) which means you play the exact same first half multiple times with minimal changes.

Awakening or FE7 (just called Fire Emblem) are the best starting points honestly. I believe the latter is on NSO and then yeah just emulate the former and I'd say try and play the Future Past DLC for it. Sacred Stones is a solid game for a newcomer too but it's not yet on NSO.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Or is Engage better?
Three Houses early game has a slower pace for Fire Emblem standards but Engage has more mechanical complexity than the average installment and the whole celebratory stuff, they both have their own strengths but it really depends on what you value. Try Awakening, if you want a game with a better story afterwards, 3H. If you want more complex ganeplay, 3H is a middleground but Engage is a lot more fun for most I feel

Shroob

Sup?
Had to ship off all the postgame trades to Violet due to space issues. Thanks all. I'll appreciate these Pokemon by having them sit in a Box in an alternate dimension I barely touch.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really don't like Engage.

But you all probably know that by now.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So uh

I know what Terapagos' Tera form is based on, it's "Turtles all the way down", but can someone smarter than me explain what that actually is and what's an infinite regression?

osby

Smash Obsessed
So uh

I know what Terapagos' Tera form is based on, it's "Turtles all the way down", but can someone smarter than me explain what that actually is and what's an infinite regression?
Okay, so I don't play Pokemon but

World Turtle is a concept that you see in different religions: it's a giant turtle that shoulders the earth. The infinite regression problem is that, well, that turtle also has to be shouldered by something else - in this case, another turtle - so you end up with an infinite number of turtles that stand on each other. Therefore, the world turtle is a logical explanatory failure: it doesn't explain the question of what holds the earth because the explanation (turtles) just creates an endlessly repeating extra question (what holds the turtles?).

Terapagos also seem to be inspired by the Islamic version of the myth, where there's no mention of a turtle but among other animals, there's an angel that stands over a gemstone, which reflects the Terastal phenomenon.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So uh

"Turtles all the way down" is an expression of the problem of infinite regress. The saying alludes to the mythological idea of a World Turtle that supports a flat Earth on its back. It suggests that this turtle rests on the back of an even larger turtle, which itself is part of a column of increasingly larger turtles that continues indefinitely.

The exact origin of the phrase is uncertain. In the form "rocks all the way down", the saying appears as early as 1838. References to the saying's mythological antecedents, the World Turtle and its counterpart the World Elephant, were made by a number of authors in the 17th and 18th centuries.

The expression has been used to illustrate problems such as the regress argument in epistemology.

As for infinite regression, it's an infinite series of entities governed by a recursive principle that determines how each entity in the series depends on or is produced by its predecessor. In the epistemic regress, for example, a belief is justified because it is based on another belief that is justified. But this other belief is itself in need of one more justified belief for itself to be justified and so on.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Thinkin bout changing the profile pic it’s been a solid year

I gotta give it to Toei, after 48 years they managed to instantly make the worst ****ing helmets I have ever seen
Jeepcore Super Sentai

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Me said:
making breakfest in the kitchen
a simple jiingle plays on the Radio from NPR
me said:
hear the great sea theme from wind waker instead
krabs.jpg
Wouldn't be the first time they played video game music on NPR. before they played Animal Crossing music and also played beneath the mask from Persona 5

Or is Engage better?
Im such an engage simp, so what I say would be biased. I unitonicly LOVE its saturday morning csrtoon like intro song
Fates it is. Thanks.

Shoutouts to my totally legal 3DS
Please save yourself and get Conquest and not Birthright

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did anyone post this yet?

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
It goes without saying honestly, but my prayers go to the devs and all the creative minds at Insomniac Games.

They happen to be some of my favourite developers and creatives right now on the industry alongside Eiji Aonuma, Sakurai, the people from Sony Santa Monica, the people behind Mario Galaxy and Odyssey, Toby Fox, Dotemu and Yuji Horii.

They didn't deserve any of this happening to them. And It disgusts me to see people over at places such as Reddit celebrating that they got this huge hack over petty reasons. We should know better by now.

Spider-Man 2 was a game which I really enjoyed. Not as polished when It comes to bugs and such as the first two game, but still a great title and on my top 5 2023 titles.

Not sure what else to say, but yeah, praying every worker manages to get through this.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Really love how this LEGO set looks and feels, ngl.

I find It to be a vast improvement over the original LEGO X-Jet we got in 2014, and while the price is kinda too high, It is quite decent for a Día De Reyes or Christmas gift.

My only nitpick is that I wish Cyclops had yellow hips and dual molded legs, but I understand LEGO's reasoning as to why they don't wanna do yellow hips and the dual molded legs I need are easy to get online. Magneto does look weird too, but I understand that It is the costume he will wear on the upcoming show so LEGO couldn't do much about that.

Top Bottom