• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really cool detail in the Terapoglos theme:

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Guess what, everyone?

Today is my birthday!
Happy bird day

Well this is interesting.

Thoughts on the idea? Would you still want Illumination to supposedly go through this?
Shared universes have generally not worked very well outside of Marvel (and even that's falling apart), Illumination is one of the middest animation studios in existence, and Smash doesn't need to be a movie franchiseq

So in short absolutely the **** not

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't imagine Illumination pulling off a Metroid or Fire Emblem movie, but those feel kind of important if they wanna do Smash.

Then you have to worry about the rights around Pokemon and if TPC will be willing to play ball.

I will say though I think a Splatoon movie in the same vein as the Mario one sounds like it could actually be...weirdly good?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Guess what, everyone?

Today is my birthday!
Born on day, yes yes
I can't imagine Illumination pulling off a Metroid or Fire Emblem movie, but those feel kind of important if they wanna do Smash.

Then you have to worry about the rights around Pokemon and if TPC will be willing to play ball.

I will say though I think a Splatoon movie in the same vein as the Mario one sounds like it could actually be...weirdly good?
Yeah Adam, the plan is for Ridley to eat my missles! And he's gonna enjoy it, no money back guarantee!

He's right behind me isn't he.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

A splatoon movie would actually be so sick tbh

Only thing is if plot wise how you'd get over the hurdle of the games not really giving much characterization to most characters, sans the most important ones

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo fans when they have to watch the Fire Emblem movie to understand the Smash Movie (it's not a simple gulp ****to beats the bad guys movie and requires them to pay attention for more than 5 minutes)
No wait, wait until we get a Xenoblade movie. Nintendo Fans will be livid because there's too much story in the movie (they can't understand it)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is actually insane. People are playing a full game build of the Wolverine game now and released it publicly:

Actually despicable behavior. Insomniac about to do this for real:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is actually insane. People are playing a full game build of the Wolverine game now and released it publicly:

After what they did, the leaker getting their house vaporized would be the perfect Christmas gift for them.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm the Insomiac Leaker.

Yeah thay's right, I tried to nail a game dev job but that didn't work out, so I decided to leak all their internal documents and all their plans. The day if reckoning has arrived and- hold up someone's knocking at my door

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Speaking of leakers:

The person who leaked GTA6 last year is now facing life in a hospital prison unless doctors deem him no longer a danger.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm the Insomiac Leaker.

Yeah thay's right, I tried to nail a game dev job but that didn't work out, so I decided to leak all their internal documents and all their plans. The day if reckoning has arrived and- hold up someone's knocking at my door
Mighty when he opens that door:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope the next Pokemon game has voice acting.

Like it doesn't NEED it but given that SV has a lot more cinematics than any other game in the franchise, it's just awkward that they just... don't have any noise coming out if their mouth.

Like it can just be for a couple of scenes, like how Zelda does it.
Nah, I think the games just straight up need it at this point. Too many epic cutscenes that would be improved if the characters were actually making noises.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope the next Pokemon game has voice acting.

Like it doesn't NEED it but given that SV has a lot more cinematics than any other game in the franchise, it's just awkward that they just... don't have any noise coming out if their mouth.

Like it can just be for a couple of scenes, like how Zelda does it.
Pokemon games really really really REALLY needs voice acting

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah, I think the games just straight up need it at this point. Too many epic cutscenes that would be improved if the characters were actually making noises.
GIRATINA STRIKE HIM DOWN!

Also I seriously wanted Kieran to have Vegeta's scream in his battle intro, he did the animation but no noise

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t believe that games have to potentially be completely changed and restarted when leaks happen, and the people who go out of their way to give us the transparency we should be having face prison sentences. They’re entertainment products not nuclear launch codes. And the information should be public already so the leaks wouldn’t need to happen in the first place.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can’t believe that games have to potentially be completely changed and restarted when leaks happen, and the people who go out of their way to give us the transparency we should be having face prison sentences. They’re entertainment products not nuclear launch codes. And the information should be public already so the leaks wouldn’t need to happen in the first place.
The people who’d be in the know about this stuff probably signed some kind of NDA. Y’know, a legally binding contract.

They broke the contract, and revealed information that the company hadn’t made public at the time. That means it was private, protected information. That’s illegal. So they go to prison.

Simple as:nifty:

And I’m no saint, I look at leaks like anyone else. But if I was one of the few people trusted with that information I sure as hell wouldn’t be giving it out for five minutes of internet fame.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
GIRATINA STRIKE HIM DOWN!

Also I seriously wanted Kieran to have Vegeta's scream in his battle intro, he did the animation but no noise
Fr when I saw that, I was like, “this is the last straw. Please Gamefreak give us voice acting.”

Like you have to hire them for the anime and masters. Get them to record some lines for the games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  1. Zatanna movie officially scrapped and not set to join the DCU (at least for the time being)
  2. also Vin Diesel being accused of sexual battery

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's funny that Star Fox Command has nine different endings but we don't know which ones, if any of them, are canon. Not even series veteran Dylan Cuthbert knows.

But that was far from the only game's problems.

Top Bottom