• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Either work but Engage does want you to do the Pointing Leo meme with how it's an anniversary celebration title whilst also doing certain legacy characters dirty (Eirika is so much more than "My brother is so good"). Houses is a lot less of a traditional structure and if you want to experience everything you have to play through the game at least 3 times (4 assuming you don't save before the Eagles route split however the Route Split here is between a route that is largely the most unique route in the game that slightly remixes other maps with different starting points and objectives and a route which is 95% the same as Claude's route but without Claude) which means you play the exact same first half multiple times with minimal changes.

Awakening or FE7 (just called Fire Emblem) are the best starting points honestly. I believe the latter is on NSO and then yeah just emulate the former and I'd say try and play the Future Past DLC for it. Sacred Stones is a solid game for a newcomer too but it's not yet on NSO.
I always saw Claude’s playthrough as being more of an “Edelgard story but with more sanity and friendship” than Silver Stone being 95% Claude route

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Gonna spend the Christmas weekend at grandpa's brought some friends along to keep me company when I get anxious or tired.

Also my current crush may go to my Christmas family dinner, she needs to ask her parents about It first but we'll see how that turns out, hopefully well doh.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

Well this is interesting.

Thoughts on the idea? Would you still want Illumination to supposedly go through this?
I would probably entertain more the idea of an animation series about Smash Bros though, not necessarily this one... but that being said, Twitter is so more keen on the idea or open to it at least, it seems to be met with heavy relucance over Reddit...

But Nintendo being Nintendo would obviously reject this idea. And everything. We can't have more official Smash media...

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I would probably entertain more the idea of an animation series about Smash Bros though, not necessarily this one... but that being said, Twitter is so more keen on the idea or open to it at least, it seems to be met with heavy relucance over Reddit...

But Nintendo being Nintendo would obviously reject this idea. And everything. We can't have more official Smash media...
Honestly, I wouldn't want a Smash Bros movie because imo you really need a lot of time to develop It and a lot of movies to go through, which could be hellish if you aren't going for something similar to Endgame which took decades to be built on.

With that said, I would find It neat if they did some sort of shorts alongside the movies similar to Sonic Drone Home or any of the Disney/Pixar shorts. Maybe before the Zelda movie for example Illumination could make a deal with Sony to put a short featuring Mario, DK and Link before It at cinemas.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Regarding to the rumours of a Smash Bros movie, every time anyone attempts to craft their own cinematic universe, it is going to be rather ambitious and requires a lot of planning considering that these will take a lot of time to build up and it needs to something that connects/interweave with other films.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Glad we are finally getting some sort of official plot details about X-Men '97 through a prequel comic. It's not a trailer, but this is cool enough to help kill the wait for It.

Will have to see with my local comic book store when It drops in spanish over here, but really looking forward to getting a taste of the writing on this revival.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Really love how this LEGO set looks and feels, ngl.

I find It to be a vast improvement over the original LEGO X-Jet we got in 2014, and while the price is kinda too high, It is quite decent for a Día De Reyes or Christmas gift.

My only nitpick is that I wish Cyclops had yellow hips and dual molded legs, but I understand LEGO's reasoning as to why they don't wanna do yellow hips and the dual molded legs I need are easy to get online. Magneto does look weird too, but I understand that It is the costume he will wear on the upcoming show so LEGO couldn't do much about that.
Great to see you back!

I really hope that that one ship from The Marvels wasn't a bad omen for the future of the prices of Lego ships.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Great to see you back!

I really hope that that one ship from The Marvels wasn't a bad omen for the future of the prices of Lego ships.
Thanks! Glad to see you too Cashregister.

And yeah, let's hope that The Marvels set and the X-Jet turn out to be the exception and not the rule.
The work experience 2 days before Christmas Eve
View attachment 382028
FOR REAL.

Like, I went to class this week and literally there were so little people, you could find a parking literally everywhere, It was funny.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Watching Dial Of Destiny with my grandpa.

He has been feeling cold these past days due to the weather, but thankfully he's doing well thanks to his warm clothing and "sábanas" (forgot how to say that in English)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Watching Dial Of Destiny with my grandpa.

He has been feeling cold these past days due to the weather, but thankfully he's doing well thanks to his warm clothing and "sábanas" (forgot how to say that in English)
That's great, having a nice time with your relatives.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm starting to feel better so I may as well get to it.

This is It people, my top 5 favourite movies of 2023.

Honestly, I am kinda mixed on this year: on one hand I haven't seen as many movies as in 2022, and most of the ones I've seen this year were more commercial than say EEAAO or Pinocchio by Guillermo Del Toro. On the other hand, the ratio of movies I enjoyed vs the ones I disliked goes more by the former, so there won't be a list of worst movies as there weren't many I disliked.

With that said, let's get to the list. As usual, remember I have a limited budget and routine so I haven't been able to watch every movie I would have loved to see. Godzilla Minus One and Wonka are big examples. So if your favourite movie isn't on this list, it's probably because of that.

Ok, I know what some of you may be thinking, but hear me out.

While not as outstanding as Last Crusade or as revolutionary as Riders Of The Lost Ark, Dial Of Destiny feels like another fun and entertaining adventure starring Harrison Ford's classic character.

The new cast grew on me as the movie went on, the villain is quite decent, the first part of the movie is amazing and overall the only thing which brings this movie down imo is the length of various scenes. I would have made the movie shorter personally.

I know this is an unpopular opinion to share, but yeah, that is all I can say about the movie. It just pleased me a lot as an Indy fan and while not mindblowind my little cousins and I had a blast watching It.

Evil Dead Returns in a short yet thrilling and incredibly scary new original story.

The main cast is quite cool, the gore is as great as you should expect from this franchise, and It is by far the scariest movie I've seen this year.

And yeah, my main nitpick is that the movie was too short. But still makes for a really worthy movie set in this crazy universe.

This one was a must to have on the top 5.

A sequel to the outstanding Into The Spider-Verse. Miles Morales as in the first movie keeps being an incredible character, the Animation is even more breathtaking, Miguel O'Hara and the Spot make for intimidating and hilarious antagonists respectively and overall It is a really awesome tribute to Spider-Man's legacy and everything the character stands for.

My only nitpick is that the movie ends in a weird moment imo. I would have ended It right when Miles reveals to her mother from Earth 42 that he is Spider-Man personally, as that would have been a cool cliffhanger. Also the intro went kinda too long imo, I would have made It slightly shorter.

But yeah, this one is a must.

"Jotadé wtf. Why did you put Across The Spider-Verse under the Mario Movie".

This movie is very flawed as I said on my review back then.
The English voice acting is mediocre, the plot is very predictable, the writing is hit or miss and the movie feels more like an easter egg fest than an actual production such as the Sonic movies or Spider-Verse.

However? I love this movie. It brings me back to my childhood days, back when all I did all day was play on my Wii and NDS with my cousins. This movie just feels pure, fun and nostalgic. And honestly that is great for a Mario movie.

It may not be as well-thought out as Spider-Verse, or even as great... But when a movie makes you leave the theater thinking "damn... I wish I had this movie when my cousins and I were kids", then I feel that is something to hold close to your heart as much as possible.

So, what could be better than pure childhood memories and a movie you could only imagine in dreams? Well... We'll find out after the honorable mentions.
-Transformers Rise Of The Beasts: a really big improvement over the past movies, but the juveline humour and the way they adapt Optimus Prime keep It in a weird spot for me.
-Blue Beetle: not game-changing, but still a really dope and wholesome movie about family.
-Dungeons And Dragons Honour Among Thieves: really hilarious and crazy movie. However, more enjoyable if you are a Dungeons & Dragons fan.
-Five Nights At Freddy's: similar feelings to the Mario Movie overall, but imo is even more predictable. Still a fun time doh.

Holy ****.

Outstanding music, hilarious performances and humour, a visual style which may as well be the live action equivalent to ITSV, a movie which changes the formula, incredible cast of actors, the powerful and yet not common message of how we can be happy without having a romantic relationship or depending on the appreciation of someone in specific, the I'M JUST KEN scene as a whole... Wow. This was by far my favourite movie of the year.

I genuiely don't have any negative thing to say about this movie besides maybe that Will Ferrel was overacting, but even then It makes sense with the world built in the movie.

Imo, It deserves to be the highest grossing movie of the year. And my applauses to Greta Gerwig for crafting something which was able to literally surpass in my eyes the movie I wanted all my childhood.

A movie I will rewatch a lot of times for sure.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok, I'm starting to feel better so I may as well get to it.

This is It people, my top 5 favourite movies of 2023.

Honestly, I am kinda mixed on this year: on one hand I haven't seen as many movies as in 2022, and most of the ones I've seen this year were more commercial than say EEAAO or Pinocchio by Guillermo Del Toro. On the other hand, the ratio of movies I enjoyed vs the ones I disliked goes more by the former, so there won't be a list of worst movies as there weren't many I disliked.

With that said, let's get to the list. As usual, remember I have a limited budget and routine so I haven't been able to watch every movie I would have loved to see. Godzilla Minus One and Wonka are big examples. So if your favourite movie isn't on this list, it's probably because of that.

Ok, I know what some of you may be thinking, but hear me out.

While not as outstanding as Last Crusade or as revolutionary as Riders Of The Lost Ark, Dial Of Destiny feels like another fun and entertaining adventure starring Harrison Ford's classic character.

The new cast grew on me as the movie went on, the villain is quite decent, the first part of the movie is amazing and overall the only thing which brings this movie down imo is the length of various scenes. I would have made the movie shorter personally.

I know this is an unpopular opinion to share, but yeah, that is all I can say about the movie. It just pleased me a lot as an Indy fan and while not mindblowind my little cousins and I had a blast watching It.

Evil Dead Returns in a short yet thrilling and incredibly scary new original story.

The main cast is quite cool, the gore is as great as you should expect from this franchise, and It is by far the scariest movie I've seen this year.

And yeah, my main nitpick is that the movie was too short. But still makes for a really worthy movie set in this crazy universe.

This one was a must to have on the top 5.

A sequel to the outstanding Into The Spider-Verse. Miles Morales as in the first movie keeps being an incredible character, the Animation is even more breathtaking, Miguel O'Hara and the Spot make for intimidating and hilarious antagonists respectively and overall It is a really awesome tribute to Spider-Man's legacy and everything the character stands for.

My only nitpick is that the movie ends in a weird moment imo. I would have ended It right when Miles reveals to her mother from Earth 42 that he is Spider-Man personally, as that would have been a cool cliffhanger. Also the intro went kinda too long imo, I would have made It slightly shorter.

But yeah, this one is a must.

"Jotadé wtf. Why did you put Across The Spider-Verse under the Mario Movie".

This movie is very flawed as I said on my review back then.
The English voice acting is mediocre, the plot is very predictable, the writing is hit or miss and the movie feels more like an easter egg fest than an actual production such as the Sonic movies or Spider-Verse.

However? I love this movie. It brings me back to my childhood days, back when all I did all day was play on my Wii and NDS with my cousins. This movie just feels pure, fun and nostalgic. And honestly that is great for a Mario movie.

It may not be as well-thought out as Spider-Verse, or even as great... But when a movie makes you leave the theater thinking "damn... I wish I had this movie when my cousins and I were kids", then I feel that is something to hold close to your heart as much as possible.

So, what could be better than pure childhood memories and a movie you could only imagine in dreams? Well... We'll find out after the honorable mentions.
-Transformers Rise Of The Beasts: a really big improvement over the past movies, but the juveline humour and the way they adapt Optimus Prime keep It in a weird spot for me.
-Blue Beetle: not game-changing, but still a really dope and wholesome movie about family.
-Dungeons And Dragons Honour Among Thieves: really hilarious and crazy movie. However, more enjoyable if you are a Dungeons & Dragons fan.
-Five Nights At Freddy's: similar feelings to the Mario Movie overall, but imo is even more predictable. Still a fun time doh.

Holy ****.

Outstanding music, hilarious performances and humour, a visual style which may as well be the live action equivalent to ITSV, a movie which changes the formula, incredible cast of actors, the powerful and yet not common message of how we can be happy without having a romantic relationship or depending on the appreciation of someone in specific, the I'M JUST KEN scene as a whole... Wow. This was by far my favourite movie of the year.

I genuiely don't have any negative thing to say about this movie besides maybe that Will Ferrel was overacting, but even then It makes sense with the world built in the movie.

Imo, It deserves to be the highest grossing movie of the year. And my applauses to Greta Gerwig for crafting something which was able to literally surpass in my eyes the movie I wanted all my childhood.

A movie I will rewatch a lot of times for sure.

1st place truly was cinema

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My favorite movies of the year are:
5. TMNT Mutant Mayhem
4. Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
3. Barbie
2. Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3
1. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Haven't seen that many movies this year overall

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm actually curious how many people here actually saw Oppenheimer. I didn't myself, but it seems like not too many people did on this site either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thinking about Super Nintendo World and thinking about how it makes a lot of sense to do expansions based on Zelda and Pokemon, but I'm not sure what their major rides would be. What do you think they should have for rides?

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
You know, I brought this up at the Newcomer Speculation thread, but I would love It if for the next Smash game if we get TotK Ganondorf instead of the OoT one, they managed to get Alfonso Vallés to dub the character again for the spanish dub.
For those who don't know: he's a long veteran in the world of voice acting in Spain. When It comes to videogames he is known for playing a character in Star Fox 64 3D (forgot who, I think It was Peppy) and Solid Snake in MGS1.

And speaking of Metal Gear and it's dub for Spain, I really reccomend this fan project on YouTube called Metal Gear España
Long story short: a group of fans reunited the original spanish voice cast of MGS1+other popular spanish voice actors and have been working on dubbing 40 iconic scenes throught the whole franchise. It's an incredible amount of work and passion towards the franchise, and It has meant a lot to spanish fans who grew up with the MGS1 dub.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Might as well join in on the movie thing, I might be updating this list as I may be seeing Godzilla Minus One soon.

9 Dial Of Destiny
8 Quantumania
7 Super Mario Bros. Movie
6 Elemental
5 TMNT Mutant Mayhem
4 Barbie
3 Across The Spider-verse
2 Dungeons & Dragons Honor Among Thieves
1 Shin Kamen Rider

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok so chapter 1 done.

At first I was kinda worried that there was 0 way to undo mistakes and to update the game speed, but then they were like oh yeah you cam change all that in the settings like after the tutorial.

Idk why RPGs love locking the settings until the tutorial is finished but yeah

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Oh, an official statement from the Multiversus team:
Not bad, basically thanking everyone who participated on the open beta and who shared feedback, and promising news in the upcoming months.

Looking forward to what's to come.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, basically finished the DLC til the Epilogue unlocks. Finished all the NPC trainer fights last night and did all the Special Coaches.

Only thing left is..... Alcremie.... Dios mios

Top Bottom