• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm dead serious, y'all need to do a smidge of research on game development and remember the human in actual developers before making asinine statements.

Now I'm guilty of viewing leaks too but don't paint leakers as patron saints fighting against capitalism, they're actively participating in it by holding confidential and personal information for ransom. It's all for personal gain.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
All the Insomniac stuff is from a group that tried to hold the info ransom for 2 million bucks. There was no "yeah we wanna pull back the curtain on the industry a bit" just "we will endanger your workforce if you don't pay us" because a decent chunk of the stuff that got leaked also includes a lot of personal information.

Yes there's plenty of stuff they leaked that is absolutely worth talking about like the ballooning costs of AAA game development, the sales needed to break even and the talk of firing employees despite their games being successful among other things but that has to come with the acknowledgement that the info was gained through someone spreading it with malicious intent.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd be fine with a Nintendo "shared universe" if things just amounted to a Smash Bros. alone and small references in other Nintendo films that weren't integral to the plot.

It doesn't need to run deep beyond that or have things like Mario and Link showing up in a Fire Emblem movie to help out the heroes or Samus and Kirby teaming up to fight Star Fox in the Metroid movie.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only real connection a smash movie needs is

“hey look remember Marth from that fire emblem movie we did? Well now he’s in this smash bros movie helping Mario fight master hand”

And just leave it at that. There doesn’t need to be direct references or explanations as to why these characters are here. Just give us cool fight scenes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When the Unova Game gives us “The Reign Of Brycen Man” as DLC:
IMG_9248.jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Stellar-type has a non-Tera icon in the coding of Scarlet/Violet. Probably just a precaution for people hacking and likely will lead to nothing.

1703201033722.png

The type is absent in HOME to also note.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, 2024, I want to try some new series. So may as well share:

Series I want to try that I own atm:
Metal Gear
Stardew Valley
Hollow Knight
Portal
Hotline Miami

Games that I want to try again (owned and started but unfinished):
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Xenoblade X
(Hopefully my Wii U didn't crap out on me)

Bioshock 2

Series I want to try but I don't own:
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade (numbered trilogy)
Devil May Cry
Persona (specifically Persona 4)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Metal Gear
Stardew Valley
Hollow Knight
Portal
Hotline Miami

Games that I want to try again (owned and started but unfinished):
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Xenoblade X
(Hopefully my Wii U didn't crap out on me)

Bioshock 2

Series I want to try but I don't own:
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade (numbered trilogy)
Devil May Cry
Persona (specifically Persona 4)
If you own all those series can you get new titles into production please?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If the Stellar type doesn't return after generation 9, Game Freak still had made more use of it in a single pair of games than they did with the ??? type in 3 generations.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Metal Gear

Metal Gear's a lot of fun, and Portal is definitely worth playing. (the Portal games are pretty short and consistently funny)

Assuming you have a Switch, I'd strongly recommend the Switch version of Devil May Cry 3 if you're looking to get into the series; it adds a bunch of features that no other version of DMC3 has. (also, it's a prequel, so you don't need to play DMC1 or 2. Though not playing DMC2 is just good advice in general)

Top Bottom