• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tom Hiddleston confirmed that Loki is done in the MCU

and Michelle Ruff revealed that she played Mayday in ATSV…Yukari/Kawakami as a grown Spider-Girl would slap ngl

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I watched the marvels. It’s a solid enough film. Knocks quantamania and love and thunder out of the park, and is on par with MoM imo.( which I actually thought was one of the better post endgame movies)

Could have benefited from being an extra half hour. Would have really fleshed out the characters more and paced it better. Overall, it’s still a big step up from the last. If they do a third, they should keep Nica de costa and give her more time or freedom.

Since I’m guessing corporate interference cut the movie down a bit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I watched the marvels. It’s a solid enough film. Knocks quantamania and love and thunder out of the park, and is on par with MoM imo.( which I actually thought was one of the better post endgame movies)

Could have benefited from being an extra half hour. Would have really fleshed out the characters more and paced it better. Overall, it’s still a big step up from the last. If they do a third, they should keep Nica de costa and give her more time or freedom.

She wanted the movie to be shorter to not overflowed things

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
She wanted the movie to be shorter to not overflowed things
Well, then have Feige tell her make it longer next time I guess. It would have honestly been a 9/10 or 10/10 if they fixed a few extra moments. Which are held back by pacing since it’s so short.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, then have Feige tell her make it longer next time I guess. It would have honestly been a 9/10 or 10/10 if they fixed a few extra moments. Which are held back by pacing since it’s so short.
Possibly, but it feels as if Feige is extremely determined to let directors express themselves without too much of a leash attached to them while keeping everything as secretive as possible (for better and worse as we’ve seen for a good bit of these Phase 4 and 5 projects).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Possibly, but it feels as if Feige is extremely determined to let directors express themselves without too much of a leash attached to them while keeping everything as secretive as possible (for better and worse as we’ve seen for a good bit of these Phase 4 and 5 projects).
That might have been the case, but man also just came in and said “daredevil, tear it down, we need to do better. Cap 4? Reshoot all the major sequences, it’s not working.” So Feige is definitely trying to bring quality control back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That might have been the case, but man also just came in and said “daredevil, tear it down, we need to do better. Cap 4? Reshoot all the major sequences, it’s not working.” So Feige is definitely trying to bring quality control back.
Trying to do that while also having to watch over the rest of Marvel…running the studios and being CCO of the other things must be hella stressful

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

The weirdest thing is that the movie feels like Captain Marvel 3. There's a whole middle movie's worth of plot (The destruction of Hala, Carol having a husband and girlfriend that gets completely glossed over. It explains what's going on with Ms. Marvel more, and thats an actual project. I liked the movie but it's just a bit jarring

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don’t believe you did.

It better be good, or I’ll mock you relentlessly :nifty:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad respond to a surprise emergency sos from Bowser himself. A new pair of villains, two witch sisters, are attacking the Koopa Kingdom. After getting to Bowser in this opening sequence, the sisters drain Bowser of all his magic and take control of most of his army. Bowser can’t even breath fire anymore. They reluctantly team up to stop these witch sisters from stealing the most powerful magic from around Mario’s planet. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser, are playable characters, mimicking the dynamic from 64 DS. However the powerup system from Bowser’s Fury is integrated. The hub world is Bowser’s Airship. Functioning like a mix of the comet observatory and the Odyssey. Toad, Toadette, and Bowser Jr will provide you with helpful assistance on the ship, and you’ll see a few of the soldiers still loyal to bowser keeping it running (including the Elite Trio from Mario & Luigi, the only rpg syncronosity I will include in this pitch). You can switch between the playable characters at any time, and the power-ups will augment their unique abilities to help them gather this game’s power macguffins (something to do with magic and witches that still fits the mario theme) and stop the witches from getting even more powerful.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway here’s how I think they could have fixed it with a few simple add ons to the script
1) Give Monica more to do. I’m not sure how, but a good starting point would be to expand on the Carol and Maria scene. Explain how Monica missed all of carols visits and show more or Carol not wanting to show up on earth again. This can set Monica up for her sacrifice at the end. Realizing more that Carol still cared from her and the world still needed her and Kamala.

2) have Kamala question her views on heroes, mainly captain marvel. Let us see more of the guilt and conflict Carol has in having to leave behind people. Making it a little rough between the two, until the final act where…

3) Carol’s arc becomes better centered on being a team player. We’ve seen her abandon earth, abandon fury, and now, abandon different planets. This creates a great parallel to the guardians of the galaxy. Carol is trying so hard to save everyone in space on her own. Since she doesn’t have any allies, it’s made her work harder to accomplish and really done a number mentally on her. Let her learn through Kamala and Monica that being apart of a team is beneficial. Realizing that with more people, she can rely on them and they on her. Which ultimately lets more of the Galaxy be saved, and inspires her to save the more at the end, reflecting on her mistakes better.

This ties the narratives of grief and over extending one’s self a lot better. Which would elevate the story and give Carol more of a reason to stay on earth for a bit. As well as set her up to be with the avengers come Kang Dynasty.
The weirdest thing is that the movie feels like Captain Marvel 3. There's a whole middle movie's worth of plot (The destruction of Hala, Carol having a husband and girlfriend that gets completely glossed over. It explains what's going on with Ms. Marvel more, and thats an actual project. I liked the movie but it's just a bit jarring
this is fair. Although I think some of the above could fix it up.
I think the whole husband and girlfriend thing is fine with no real backstory. I actually like the idea Carol was able to do her own thing and grow as a person off screen. We don’t need to see all of that.

The hala stuff is More jarring, but like I said above, have a few more flashbacks to it, create a mini story in the movie and I think you can make it work. Carol coming in, blowing something up, and leaving really doesn’t need to be a full movie. But a full set of flashbacks as to why it happened and how that affected her these past 30 years would be great for strengthening her character in the present, and harkens back to the idea that she can only do better by working with others, not on her own.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad respond to a surprise emergency sos from Bowser himself. A new pair of villains, two witch sisters, are attacking the Koopa Kingdom. After getting to Bowser in this opening sequence, the sisters drain Bowser of all his magic and take control of most of his army. Bowser can’t even breath fire anymore. They reluctantly team up to stop these witch sisters from stealing the most powerful magic from around Mario’s planet. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser, are playable characters, mimicking the dynamic from 64 DS. However the powerup system from Bowser’s Fury is integrated. The hub world is Bowser’s Airship. Functioning like a mix of the comet observatory and the Odyssey. Toad, Toadette, and Bowser Jr will provide you with helpful assistance on the ship, and you’ll see a few of the soldiers still loyal to bowser keeping it running (including the Elite Trio from Mario & Luigi, the only rpg syncronosity I will include in this pitch). You can switch between the playable characters at any time, and the power-ups will augment their unique abilities to help them gather this game’s power macguffins (something to do with magic and witches that still fits the mario theme) and stop the witches from getting even more powerful.
IMG_7800.jpeg

Aight it’s pretty cool

Shroob

Sup?
In the context of that one novel, Foxy’s. They were silver because he was a robot.

Later books made it stupid but the first book was well written enough to have that be consistent.
What?

You mean you didn't like how they retconned the Puppet's character entirely and made Baby a completely new character, and weirdly sexualized?

Next you're going to tell me that the Mimic isn't the greatest character in literature history.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What?

You mean you didn't like how they retconned the Puppet's character entirely and made Baby a completely new character, and weirdly sexualized?

Next you're going to tell me that the Mimic isn't the greatest character in literature history.
Hey, I figured out that Charlie was the puppet in just the first book. Can't remember how, but even back then I figured that the thing that made the two timelines different was the presence/absence of the puppet, and that Charlie probably possessed it in the game timeline.

Shroob

Sup?
Hey, I figured out that Charlie was the puppet in just the first book. Can't remember how, but even back then I figured that the thing that made the two timelines different was the presence/absence of the puppet, and that Charlie probably possessed it in the game timeline.
inb4 they retcon the Puppet to actually have been Mimic_01

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Tom Hiddleston confirmed that Loki is done in the MCU
I'd say that is fair enough considering that Loki's character arc is met with a satisfying and complete conclusion from when he originally wanted to rule Asgard and New York as the God of Mischief to eventually becoming the God of Stories whilst finding out exactly what is his "glorious purpose."

But other than that, Tom Hiddleston did a brilliant job in adapting Loki for many years since he started off with the first Thor movie.

I generally do not see a third season happening for Loki, but I somewhat have a feeling that the TVA may possibly play a role within future MCU.

Under Bob Chapek's reign, he took away the creative control from the studios (something that Iger had previously adapted) which meant that a load of projects within all divisions that include Marvel Studios had suffered difficulties to maintain the quality standard.

But now with the creative control handed back to the studios (since Iger's return), hopefully there will be a shift in direction in terms of providing quality and giving them more time to work within all future projects.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I’m glad they let Brie Larson have actually emotions in the sequel.

They did her so dirty by making her monotone. When she can put on better performances then that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd say that is fair enough considering that Loki's character arc is met with a satisfying and complete conclusion from when he originally wanted to rule Asgard and New York as the God of Mischief to eventually becoming the God of Stories whilst finding out exactly what is his "glorious purpose."

But other than that, Tom Hiddleston did a brilliant job in adapting Loki for many years since he started off with the first Thor movie.
The build between both timeline Lokis showed to be amazing, and it’s gonna be hard for any other god to fill that spot (not even Sylvie could do so, and she’s still technically a Loki)
Jimmy Fallon

Top Bottom