• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'mma be real

Part of why I'm excited for Frontiers is because modders are gonna go wild with the engine, and the fact that Sonic games all operate on one engine now is Sega (probably unintentionally) doing such a good thing for modding communities, like 100% the mod loader will probably have compatibility week one/week two of release. Really excited for the vanilla and modded experience of this game.

...I do hope it launches in December, though. I really don't wanna juggle it with Pokémon, lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
New Mon

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d
My guess is this is gonna be like Legends Arceus then. You get Koraidon or Miraidon early on as a ride Pokemon, but if you want one on your team you have to catch and train a Cyclizar. Would be nice if the version exclusive thing only applied to which one was your bike and you could evolve cyclizar into either no matter the version but I don't expect that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'mma be real

Part of why I'm excited for Frontiers is because modders are gonna go wild with the engine, and the fact that Sonic games all operate on one engine now is Sega (probably unintentionally) doing such a good thing for modding communities, like 100% the mod loader will probably have compatibility week one/week two of release. Really excited for the vanilla and modded experience of this game.

...I do hope it launches in December, though. I really don't wanna juggle it with Pokémon, lol.
I'm a bit behind the technical side of the Sonic, which games use the same engine with Frontiers?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Started the first Digimon Cyber Sleuth and it immediatley has two things in it's battle system I wish Pokemon had. Autobattling for grind sessions, and just an attack option. Not using a special skill that drains sp. Just attacking.

Also have been really hoping that pokemon would ditch the PP per move and go with a more traditional RPG magic meter for a while now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'mma be real

Leaks say it's out November 15th which is an odd day of the week for releases, so it's either just the raffle prizes being a few weeks late or a few days early, meaning at best you get a week.

Also boy howdy a motorcycle pokemon, I can't wait to get one and reference Kamen Rider by calling it Battlehopper!
You win this round, Noipus Poipus

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh I love Cyclizer so much. It's so lizard-y and cute.

Shed Tail seems really busted. Sub passing has always been a really powerful strategy in singles and being able to do it in a single turn is going to be really nutty. It's probably going to have really limited distribution but still, get ready for sub bots to ruin competitive people.

Can't wait for 40 base speed:4wario2:
You joke but if Shed Tail would actually synergize really well with a low base speed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Booooo give Sycamore an alt
I kinda agree lol. I know Cynthia is here for the masters 8 and money but sycamore should get an alt. No idea what to give him, volcanion or chestnaught/delphox.
Imagine having bad ass battle mechanics like Pokemon Legends and then getting rid of it the very next game.

Gf please learn to keep cool stuff please
Legends was put into production way after scarlet and violet from the looks of things so yeah I can see them not want to scrap the ScarVio battle system half way through development for Legends battle style.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know if anyone else cares about box office numbers or if it's just me, but this movie's run has been crazy.

imagine telling someone a year ago that Top Gun 2 would handily outperform Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 - simply lunacy. But here we are!
Hell ******* yeah!

Top Gun 2 definitely deserves the money it got! :D

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Going off to see Beast starring Idris Elba with my friends in a few hours.

Such a sucker for good ol' killer creature flicks.

Come on, Idris Elba fighting a lion? That's definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

Playing as Knuckles and that. Such a good year for him in terms of movie roles.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Cyclizar is so cute, it's like a little buddy version of Koraidon/Miraidon.

I kinda agree lol. I know Cynthia is here for the masters 8 and money but sycamore should get an alt. No idea what to give him, volcanion or chestnaught/delphox.
He studies Mega Evolution, so maybe something like Scizor or Kangaskhan?

They could also do Charizard Y as he gives out the Kanto Starters, but after Pikachu and Lucario I'm not sure people would like that much.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm a bit behind the technical side of the Sonic, which games use the same engine with Frontiers?
Frontiers is on Hedgehog Engine 2, which means HedgeModManager will most likely be the loader of choice. HedgeModManager is a DLL injection-based loader that hooks into games running on both Hedgehog Engines 1 and 2, which so far on PC are (AFAIK):

• Sonic Generations
  • Sonic Forces
  • Sega's Olympics game (forgetting the exact name lol)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (1 might be as well, would have to check)
  • Sonic Colors Ultimate (Ultimate uses Godot for its menus)
  • Sonic Origins (Game AFAIK is a blend of Mania and Hedgehog Engine, so HedgeModManager hooks into it.)
  • Sonic Frontiers

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Frontiers is on Hedgehog Engine 2, which means HedgeModManager will most likely be the loader of choice. HedgeModManager is a DLL injection-based loader that hooks into games running on both Hedgehog Engines 1 and 2, which so far on PC are (AFAIK):

• Sonic Generations
  • Sonic Forces
  • Sega's Olympics game (forgetting the exact name lol)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (1 might be as well, would have to check)
  • Sonic Colors Ultimate (Ultimate uses Godot for its menus)
  • Sonic Origins (Game AFAIK is a blend of Mania and Hedgehog Engine, so HedgeModManager hooks into it.)
  • Sonic Frontiers
I love how it's all Sonic games and then for some reason Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 just uses it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This Week: Brother Bear and The Land Before Time
Next Week: Predator and Predator 2
Week After: Orphan and Orphan: First Kill

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Correct me if I'm wrong. But is Legends Arceus the first example of regional evolutions not coming from regional variants. Like. Regional Evolutions were introduced in Galar but they all came from regional variants first. You couldn't get Mr. Rhyme from a non Galarian Mr. Mime. Unless I'm missing an example. So then, if that's true, what makes Kleavor and Ursaluna different from say, Magnezone, who needed to be leveled up in a specific place in Sinnoh when first introduced to evolve. Or Misdreavous needing the Dusk Stone which wasn't introduced till it was. Call me crazy and grasping at straws, I know the answer is likely that "they're regional evolutions because GameFreak says they are", but like, if you look at everything honestly and frankly, I think Ursaluna and Kleavor might be the first true cross gen evos we've had in a while.

Top Bottom