• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys I'm still kicking. Just a really crap past few days as you know.
Like how the hell do you guys get over the pain of a losing a job so unexpectedly?

Bought a new bike, got the haircut and all. Cutting the bad things from the past.

@Guh-Huzzah! @Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi @SonicSmasher1 TheMightyP TheMightyP

whomever I purchased Sonic R from sent it to me in a generic, art-less box

this shall not do

I, with all my artistic skill and natural talent, fixed it:

you may all adore me and my pure, unquestionable, raw, awesome skill, now
What is this scared art and why is it on Earth?

Truly a mortal couldn't create this!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
YT givin me KH3 hate vids in my recommended again lol.

I legit do not understand the visceral hatred this game got.

To each their own, of course, but…Yeah, yeah the drama that game caused really was something. Antdude’s video on it was probably the first time I majorly disagreed with his thoughts on a game.

Can’t wait for 4 to do it all over again.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
And being a stupid dinosaur kid, I've seen them all.

They were not particularly good, for the most part :nifty:
Unpopular opinion time: the second half of V is far worse than XIII. Sure the Yellowbellies were obnoxious but they were at least well-meaning. Literally all of the main five characters except Littlefoot were complete jerks in V, like "Friends for Dinner" is EXTREMELY unpleasant towards Chomper, the way Cera sings it is just spiteful and cold as heck!

VI is a snorefest too

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fallen race:

1661094092925.png

“I am Fallen Paimon. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Now… STATE YOUR REQUEST!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Ars Goetia. In the Lesser Key of Solomon, King Paimon is the ninth demonic spirit and a King of Hell who rules two hundred legions in the northwest. He’s a man with an effeminate face, wearing a jeweled crown and riding a dromedary camel, enjoying the music of his courtiers and speaking in a booming voice. Highly loyal to Lucifer, Paimon only does the bidding of his conjurer if they give him a clear answer, being able to force anyone to follow their orders.

Skills: Bufula, Mamudo, Dormina, Mediarama

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fury race.

Paimon has such a cool design. Aside from the perfect color contrast between him and his camel, the sheer untrustworthiness of his face and pose makes him great. The creepy look of his crown is also really cool. It’s funny how he isn’t even the only Goetia demon riding a camel but his look is more inspired compared to Gemori, imo. As a demon king who can teach, summon minions and do all kinds of other stuff, he has a predictably busy skillset with a diverse set of skills.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
YT givin me KH3 hate vids in my recommended again lol.

I legit do not understand the visceral hatred this game got.

To each their own, of course, but…Yeah, yeah the drama that game caused really was something. Antdude’s video on it was probably the first time I majorly disagreed with his thoughts on a game.

Can’t wait for 4 to do it all over again.
From what I can tell, most of KH hate is just
1661094299909.png

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Y'know...

I don't care for the "soulless" criticism much. I dislike when it's thrown at certain movies willy-nilly without going into detail on one's problems with them. Many of the Disney remakes suffer that. I'm not saying they're all good, I've never preferred live-action myself, but some of them like 101 Dalmatians and The Jungle Book do have their own charms. IMO the worst remake by far is Homeward Bound, that burning garbage heap is a disgrace to a classic 1963 movie that takes out all of the joy and charm and replaces it with the most cliche obnoxious animal talk you'll ever see in your life. While other Disney remakes HAVE been questionable, after Homeward Bound there was nowhere to go but up

MooMew64

From what I can tell, most of KH hate is just
View attachment 359174
Two common types of KH takes on the internet:

hey guys, GamerLegend_XXX_Fortnite_RadWaifuXtreme420 here, and did you know Kingdom Hearts plot is CONFUSING???? and BAD??????????????????????? IT'S SO CRINGE!!!!1111!11!11!11!1 xDDDDDDDDD

or, alternatively:

hey guys, WarriorofLightXIII here, and did you know KH2FM solved world hunger, ended war, saved my marriage and is the pinnacle of human achievement? #CritMode4Life!!!!!!

KH3 smelly stinky poo poo btw.
There's the occasional take that even if I disagree with it, is presented much more as an opinion rather than fact (such as the aforementioned AntDude video, if I'm remembering it correctly), but yeeeeeaaaaaahhh like most discourse about entertainment, calm and rational discussion is thrown out the window because I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The ironic thing is the peeps who radicalize YTer opinions are the same people who say "Don't be sheep" and spread the extremely unfunny "Don't question, consume product" reaction image like it's a religion.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also, on that note, I gotta be honest: The worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2 suck. Though KH1 had some outdated design, at least the worlds felt like worlds instead of flat empty voids of nothingness.
Tbh, the only world that sucked mad **** for me was Atlantica

That **** was NOT finny fun

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Y'know...

I don't care for the "soulless" criticism much. I dislike when it's thrown at certain movies willy-nilly without going into detail on one's problems with them. Many of the Disney remakes suffer that. I'm not saying they're all good, I've never preferred live-action myself, but some of them like 101 Dalmatians and The Jungle Book do have their own charms. IMO the worst remake by far is Homeward Bound, that burning garbage heap is a disgrace to a classic 1963 movie that takes out all of the joy and charm and replaces it with the most cliche obnoxious animal talk you'll ever see in your life. While other Disney remakes HAVE been questionable, after Homeward Bound there was nowhere to go but up
I'm not going to defend Disney remakes but I agree that people accuse everything they dislike of being soulless these days.

90% of the time it's just "old good new bad" in a new coat of paint and comes from people who act like they consume nothing but indie media.

MooMew64

Tbh, the only world that sucked mad **** for me was Atlantis

I will always give KH3 credit towards its minigames because they were actually super fun when compared to whatever the heck Atlantis was in KH2.

Except the cooking one. I sucked at it so I did not like it lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, the only world that sucked mad **** for me was Atlantis

I will always give KH3 credit towards its minigames because they were actually super fun when compared to whatever the heck Atlantis was in KH2.

Except the cooking one. I sucked at it so I did not like it lol.
No guys it's Atlantica, Atlantis is from the movie that Disney just ignores and has not been in a KH game yet.

Maybe someday

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Top Bottom