• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This should be interesting. Looks like those who wanted Tony back are getting their wish!
watch Robert say no cause it’s a stupid ass idea
They could, but they shouldn’t. Kang is lame and I’ll be glad to see him go :239:

It ended with No Way Home, actually. It’s a decent epilogue and a rad Spidey movie.

Before you come in with how NWH killed your cat or something, save it. I do not care.
No Way Home gave us the best suit in superhero movie history for mere seconds (and then that got into Spider-Man 2 as a lvl 58 unlockable suit)…let the movie kill as many people as needed to keep that one suit.
If they do go through and bring back the original 6 then I'm 100% out on the MCU.

Straight up pole vaulting the shark
They finna take the reactions to these projects personally only to pull a DCEU and then have to redo everything once more.

All they gotta do is make consistently good Marvel projects instead of bouncing back and forth between good and bad (and maybe more She-Hulk twerking since that did some numbers)

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Thinking, when it comes to time powers most are concerned about slowing it down. But tbh, I'd be more scared of them speeding it up. Imagine some dude grabs you and then starts speeding up your entire life by 20x, that's horrifying
Speeding up time you say?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
watch Robert say no cause it’s a stupid ass idea
It's also expensive as hell, RDJ gonna ask for over 30m.

They finna take the reactions to these projects personally only to pull a DCEU and then have to redo everything once more.
Tbh they should have done a soft reboot after Endgame anyways instead of tacking more things on. They already bungled the multiverse, just blow it up.

All they gotta do is make consistently good Marvel projects instead of bouncing back and forth between good and bad (and maybe more She-Hulk twerking since that did some numbers)
Tbh I think the burnout is what trully killed the MCU for everyone, even behind the scenes. And if they do more She Hulk scenes, bring back Meg too

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Superhero movies as a whole needs to go on a long vacation, especially shared universe ones.

DC has been an absolute mess trying to keep up with its competition and Marvel is working itself to death as fast as it can and it PAINFULLY shows.

I'm glad I got that fatigue a long time ago.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I still enjoy MCU Projects but it has 100% been tarnished by too many projects too fast

Like, they can still make bangers, Shang-chi, Wakanda Forever, Loki, Guardians 3, Wandavision, Werewolf By Night, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She-hulk, No Way Home, Hawkeye. Are all some level of great

The problem is, those are like the only MCU projects that I would completely recommend after Far From Home, Even then, some shows like Ms. Marvel and Wandavision, kinda fall off at points.

There have also been over 21 projects, and it feels like the story has gone no where since Far From Home, the only projects that actually appear to be moving the overarching phase story have been No Way Home, Quantumania and Loki. Everything else has either been Standalone or progressing some story they haven't started yet. Wandavision and Multiverse of Madness get close but it is really only the post credits scene in MoM even then that is just my conjecture based on what I know from leaks and comics.

I feel that if they separated the TV and Movie stories things might have been less convoluted.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's also expensive as hell, RDJ gonna ask for over 30m.

Tbh they should have done a soft reboot after Endgame anyways instead of tacking more things on. They already bungled the multiverse, just blow it up.

Tbh I think the burnout is what trully killed the MCU for everyone, even behind the scenes. And if they do more She Hulk scenes, bring back Meg too
Even tho I’m not burnt out by the MCU still, I still have issues with some of the projects (especially you Secret Invasion for fumbling the bag out of the blue). At the same time I blame Disney for having them make so many shows for Disney+ in an instant. For every Loki there’s a Secret Invasion, and movie wise for every No Way Home, GOTG Vol.3, and Wakanda Forever there’s Eternals, Love & Thunder, and Quantumania. Felt like Phase 4 would’ve been the soft reboot type of era since Feige hyped up how everyone would be coping over.

and yeah more Megan
I still enjoy MCU Projects but it has 100% been tarnished by too many projects too fast

Like, they can still make bangers, Shang-chi, Wakanda Forever, Loki, Guardians 3, Wandavision, Werewolf By Night, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She-hulk, No Way Home, Hawkeye. Are all some level of great

The problem is, those are like the only MCU projects that I would completely recommend after Far From Home, Even then, some shows like Ms. Marvel and Wandavision, kinda fall off at points.

There have also been over 21 projects, and it feels like the story has gone no where since Far From Home, the only projects that actually appear to be moving the overarching phase story have been No Way Home, Quantumania and Loki. Everything else has either been Standalone or progressing some story they haven't started yet. Wandavision and Multiverse of Madness get close but it is really only the post credits scene in MoM even then that is just my conjecture based on what I know from leaks and comics.

I feel that if they separated the TV and Movie stories things might have been less convoluted.
it used to be that way before Disney+ hit. On one hand I’m glad the shows are connected due to Daredevil and the others slowly coming into the fold. But on the other hand I’m still pissy over Secret Invasion. Also I’d say that Ms. Marvel was a standalone that pushed an overarching story due to The Marvel. The bangles (or however you spell it) she uses is seemingly gonna play a big role in it, while also connecting to the Monica parts of WandaVision and I guess all of Carol’s stuff since it’s technically her sequel still.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If they do go through and bring back the original 6 then I'm 100% out on the MCU.

Straight up pole vaulting the shark
You have to be pretty stupid to think this wasnt going to happen eventually.

Characters like Iron Heart and Captain Falcon just cant compete with Iron man and Captain America.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good, that’s what they should’ve done in the first place. I don’t know anyone who was really hyped for Kang as the new overarching villain.
I was. Not enough to get me to care about the MidCU's current direction though.

Also bringing back the original 6 Avengers is a horrible idea and would kill what little interest I have left in the MCU

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was. Not enough to get me to care about the MidCU's current direction though.

Also bringing back the original 6 Avengers is a horrible idea and would kill what little interest I have left in the MCU
sheepishly raises hand
Can I ask what made him interesting to you? Not as a recurring villain, but as the main threat. The next Thanos. Cuz I was never on board personally, but I wanna know why you were.

No judgement here, just curious :nifty:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t know anyone who was really hyped for Kang as the new overarching villain.
Loki made him hype twice, but that luck don’t work elsewhere I guess.
You have to be pretty stupid to think this wasnt going to happen eventually.

Characters like Iron Heart and Captain Falcon just cant compete with Iron man and Captain America.
tbf…Ironheart isn’t a character that can be made likable. Riri wanted her white teacher to discriminate against her just so she could prove her wrong (because she took offense that the woman said that Riri could do anything she out her mind to doing)
The rest I can let slip but this one was a straight up dumpster fire
was both fun and far superior to Secret Invasion

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
  1. Marvel is considering bringing back the entire original Avengers cast, including Tony and Natasha (via life revival)
  2. Blade is being rewritten with a budget below $100 million, and Mahershala Ali almost walked out of the project due to previous script issues
  3. Loki finale might make it harder for the MCU to pivot away from Kang, since they apparently want to transition to Doom as the main villain of the Multiverse Saga…of course would be due to the Majors allegations and controversy
  4. Vulture still in the SSU and not enough Spider-Man content
****ing hell Marvel, Disney, and the overall public reactions for Phase 4 and 5 got the MCU feeling ****ed up behind the scenes for 3 of those things
We had leaks months ago that they reshot the ending for the Loki finale.

Rumors were it would pivot to doom anyway. My guess he comes in and kills whatever Kang the TVA decides to go after. Everyone realizing that whoever this is, is not ****ing around and not a normal human.

As for the avengers, even if they wanted to, it’s not happening, not till secret wars.

RDJ is never coming back outside of that film.

Jermey Renner likely can’t come back, even if he wanted too.

Scarlet probably would, but I also see her sticking to wanting widow dead due to its importance.

Chris evans said he won’t return unless the story is worth it and he will definitely stick to that.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Can I ask what made him interesting to you? Not as a recurring villain, but as the main threat. The next Thanos. Cuz I was never on board personally, but I wanna know why you were.

No judgement here, just curious :nifty:
I just liked him in the cartoon and felt like he definitely had the potential to be a recurring threat to the Avengers, what with his hyper advanced technology and his variants. He's also a fairly complex character in his own right and could definitely match Thanos.

Problem is none of the projects he was in grabbed my interest

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also as for She Hulk, wasn’t a fan.

Director: “we didn’t want to make a legal drama”

Also director: “let’s have every episode center around a court case basically and make Jen look real bad at her job”

The daredevil episode was good and exactly how the tone and balance should have been though.

Also making Jen’s entire rouges gallery a joke was stupid. They are all wacky characters already and can actually hold up to her normally.

Should have have abomination and hulk more to do. Also they ruined Skar’s design.

4th stuff was alright, writing could have been better for it and if they actually got Kevin Feige to show up it would have be way funnier. Otherwise I’d say the idea wasn’t worth it without him.

Building an entire over arching story, only to scrap it, was also a really stupid decision.

You could have had the reveal be general Ross was paying people to steal her blood for experiments. Jenn finds out and now has to legally take on the United States Government ina court case. Something that could have built off of her arc of self acceptance by allowing her to show why people need to be protected and defended, otherwise the world will take advantage of them.

Also gives you setup for Cap 4 and Red hulk build up. All of which, would have only heightened the show for people.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of MCU, they really did nothing with this scene
Be happy they didn’t, because originally DS 2 was going to open with him hunting Wanda. Who would have decapitated him and displayed his head to strange later in the film when he visits her.

Which personally would have been pretty badass imo. But I could see the frustration in wasting the actor and characters story like that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Be happy they didn’t, because originally DS 2 was going to open with him hunting Wanda. Who would have decapitated him and displayed his head to strange later in the film when he visits her.

Which personally would have been pretty badass imo. But I could see the frustration in wasting the actor and characters story like that.
I mean at least he gets some sort of conclusion in this scenerio, there's 0 reason to bring him back now that Dr. Strange is doing multiverse stuff now.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The movies may be faltering but we may actually be so back with the comics

Peter Parker with a family and an Ultimate X-men Series by Peach Momoko. Letting Hickman cook has seemed to play out nicely so far.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean at least he gets some sort of conclusion in this scenerio, there's 0 reason to bring him back now that Dr. Strange is doing multiverse stuff now.
I suppose, but kinda dumb that his mission gets him killed before doing anything with his goal really.

They could have the Illuminati mordo come back and team up with this one to wage war with strange for destroying the multiverse and abusing magic. I’m sure there’s other ideas they could use him for too.

StormC

Smash Hero
One of the biggest things that has dragged down the MCU post-Endgame is the need to make content for Disney+ so it actually has a reason for people to subscribe. Turns out stretching the writing and special effects of Marvel Studios thin between multiple movies and TV shows worsens the brand overall.

Streaming will probably go down as the biggest culprit of killing Hollywood in the 2020s.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The movies may be faltering but we may actually be so back with the comics

Peter Parker with a family and an Ultimate X-men Series by Peach Momoko. Letting Hickman cook has seemed to play out nicely so far.
note how Earth 616 is doing both of those properties dirty for no reason
Hopefully that will deter game companies from fully getting into the streaming game.
watch that somehow grow stronger through PlayStation and Xbox. Nintendo wise I don’t think it’s gonna survive at all
I suppose, but kinda dumb that his mission gets him killed before doing anything with his goal really.

They could have the Illuminati mordo come back and team up with this one to wage war with strange for destroying the multiverse and abusing magic. I’m sure there’s other ideas they could use him for too.
Chad Mordo vs Bad Mordo

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is the main problem with doing anything live action. So much better with animation and voice acting. Like on one hand you’ve got stuff like Frank Walker voicing Fred in scooby Doo since the 60s, then on the other hand you don’t have to worry about recasting (as much) because of death or controversy because even if the voice is slightly different the drawing is still the same and people’s ears adjust. It’s been proven time and again.

Basically I’m saying marvel should reboot the mcu as an animated film series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Paul and other choices for 616 comics can't hurt me if I don't perceive them
**** Paul
All My Homies Hate Paul
Anyways this is why Aquaman 2 will sweep 😪
crazy how that movie could possibly bomb as bad as (or worse than) The Marvels might…despite both movies being sequels to billion dollar hits

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I find it hard to feel bad at this Marvel situation. Guardians 3 felt like the perfect sendoff to the MCU as a whole and my distasts towards Marvel Studios' parent company has been growing in recent years. I hope this teaches Hollywood a lesson about hubris although let's not kid ourselves, it probably won't.

On a more positive note apparently there's new Hunter x Hunter gashapon figurines coming out soon
IMG-20231101-WA0001.jpg

Gonna have to go back to Japan and nab these sometime soon

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is the main problem with doing anything live action. So much better with animation and voice acting. Like on one hand you’ve got stuff like Frank Walker voicing Fred in scooby Doo since the 60s, then on the other hand you don’t have to worry about recasting (as much) because of death or controversy because even if the voice is slightly different the drawing is still the same and people’s ears adjust. It’s been proven time and again.

Basically I’m saying marvel should reboot the mcu as an animated film series.
They're gonna be whipping them animators to hell

Top Bottom