• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Edit: Rip Piranha Plant Pipeline, the only track from Tour that will be lost when Tour shuts down.
I thought you were talking about the Piranha Plant track from MK7 that was already in vanilla 8, but uh yeah. This will be missed, unless you know how to access scrapped tracks in MKDS apparently.

Also why is Pauline a heavyweight?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don't think Tour won't shut down.

It's still going with no new content.
While it is going with no new content, the fact that it is receiving no new content may signal the end of Tour sometime down the line.

After all, new content may get people interested in the game if they weren’t already invested and once the well runs dry, retention may drop.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

This is gonna suck lmao the only other Apple Arcade games I know are Shantae 5 which needed an enhanced edition to be good and World's End Club which has a dog**** Switch port
Cream’s power needed to be contained, she’s grown too strong since her last playable appearance

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I would love to know what the heck Nintendo has against bringing back N64 Wario Stadium to Mario Kart.

It's the only 64 track that has not been revisited.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What a Halloween it was! Now it's November, that awkward pre-Christmas month

Be wary folks, Mariah Carey could be waiting to pounce and attack of from anywhere...
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree
I blame global warming for the reason she thaws out sooner each year

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh I always wanted to see what was behind the other doors in Nightmare Before.

Like we know what's behind Christmas, some are pretty self explanitory like Easter and St Patty's (Easter Bunny and Leprechauns) but... what would be behind a Thanksgiving door? Genocide? Independence Day has one too, what's behind that, Seizure Fireworks and George Washington? There's also a Valentines day one and that one raises several questions on what work they do.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tbh I always wanted to see what was behind the other doors in Nightmare Before.

Like we know what's behind Christmas, some are pretty self explanitory like Easter and St Patty's (Easter Bunny and Leprechauns) but... what would be behind a Thanksgiving door? Genocide? Independence Day has one too, what's behind that, Seizure Fireworks and George Washington? There's also a Valentines day one and that one raises several questions on what work they do.
Obviously, they're doing something that everyone associates with Valentine's Day but you can't do in a children's movie: officiating weddings between Christians under Roman rule.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given that I consider The Nightmare Before Christmas both a Halloween and Christmas movie. November is the best time to watch it holiday movie tradition-wise since it's between the month of Halloween and Christmas.

In fact, gonna be watching it again tomorrow.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Given that I consider The Nightmare Before Christmas both a Halloween and Christmas movie. November is the best time to watch it holiday movie tradition-wise since it's between the month of Halloween and Christmas.

In fact, gonna be watching it again tomorrow.
With that, you can watch that movie twice a year…but you knew that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's confirmed that Kevin Afghani is also the voice of Wario.

Him being the voice of Waluigi too is basically guaranteed now.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, btw, Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , I began playing The Coffin of Andy and Leyley and I can see why you like it. The main characters are great.
I love it. Be aware there is the..ahem, possable weird relationship between the bro and sis, but i feel the ****ed upness of the characters makes them even better. Andrew is my favorite

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
How far in are you?
Well after losing what feels like 30+ lives, I 100% it first try.

The part that killed me the most was the Jet Run part and that's because I kept screwing up the timing. The Crouching High jimp was next because... I forgot to crouch. The Firebar portion only took me two tries and the invisibility part was done first try.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Caring about how much money a movie makes, or the opinions of china, is just giving in to capitalism
true, but it’s also funny that the only thing that held the back was a singular giant statue seen as too patriotic

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Y'all read the latest MCU news?
Complete Disaster (Article, language warning)

1. Jonathan Majors's allegations derailed future plans. Rumors have it they're pivoting off Kang for Dr. Doom
  2. The Marvels was in development hell, with multiple reshoots, release dates being swapped multiple times, looks like it's going to flop financially
  3. VFX department is a mess, 17 hours of unpaid overtime and it shows. Ant Man 3 in particular was nowhere near finished.
  4. The TV show format flopped too due to lack of direction, given the lack of a showrunner with multiple parts having to be redone. She Hulk in particular got screwed over the most.
  5. In complete desperation, there were plans on bringing back the original 6 Avengers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  1. Marvel is considering bringing back the entire original Avengers cast, including Tony and Natasha (via life revival)
  2. Blade is being rewritten with a budget below $100 million, and Mahershala Ali almost walked out of the project due to previous script issues
  3. Loki finale might make it harder for the MCU to pivot away from Kang, since they apparently want to transition to Doom as the main villain of the Multiverse Saga…of course would be due to the Majors allegations and controversy
  4. Vulture still in the SSU and not enough Spider-Man content
****ing hell Marvel, Disney, and the overall public reactions for Phase 4 and 5 got the MCU feeling ****ed up behind the scenes for 3 of those things

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

1. Jonathan Majors's allegations derailed future plans. Rumors have it they're pivoting off Kang for Dr. Doom
  2. The Marvels was in development hell, with multiple reshoots, release dates being swapped multiple times, looks like it's going to flop financially
  3. VFX department is a mess, 17 hours of unpaid overtime and it shows. Ant Man 3 in particular was nowhere near finished.
  4. The TV show format flopped too due to lack of direction, given the lack of a showrunner with multiple parts having to be redone. She Hulk in particular got screwed over the most.
  5. In complete desperation, there were plans on bringing back the original 6 Avengers.
Because you can't just recast the guy. You have to refocus your entire cinematic universe instead.
  1. Marvel is considering bringing back the entire original Avengers cast, including Tony and Natasha (via life revival)
  2. Blade is being rewritten with a budget below $100 million, and Mahershala Ali almost walked out of the project due to previous script issues
  3. Loki finale might make it harder for the MCU to pivot away from Kang, since they apparently want to transition to Doom as the main villain of the Multiverse Saga…of course would be due to the Majors allegations and controversy
****ing hell Marvel, Disney, and the overall public reactions for Phase 4 and 5 got the MCU feeling ****ed up behind the scenes for 3 of those things
MCU ended with Endgame, change my mind.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This should be interesting. Looks like those who wanted Tony back are getting their wish!

Noipoi

Howdy!

Rumors have it they’re pivoting off Kang for Dr. Doom.

Good, that’s what they should’ve done in the first place. I don’t know anyone who was really hyped for Kang as the new overarching villain.

In complete desperation, there were plans on bringing back the original 6 Avengers.

IMG_4355.png

I knew they weren’t doing too hot but damn. They’re really in despair, huh?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those wanting a sneak peek at the new remixes coming to Mario Kart, they’re on the Japan site here.

Bowser’s Castle 3 in particular got a huge change.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because you can't just recast the guy. You have to refocus your entire cinematic universe instead.
They could, but they shouldn’t. Kang is lame and I’ll be glad to see him go :239:
MCU ended with Endgame, change my mind.
It ended with No Way Home, actually. It’s a decent epilogue and a rad Spidey movie.

Before you come in with how NWH killed your cat or something, save it. I do not care.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, the MCU is pretty much dead to me. I don’t know which movie ended it for me, but I am surprised it is not dead yet.

Top Bottom