• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
cause it’s a weird choice to make…and I guess they like it weird
I wish they didn't. Or their excentricities, at the very least, didn't always serve to annoy me and instead delighted me. Like using Reptar and Cynthia from Rugrats over the infants, that feels like good weird. But having one of the two of Shredder's minions when they could honestly be costumes of each other, and having so many Meme Dads (yes, for the sake of this argument, Grandma Gertie is a meme dad). Heck catch me in a bad mood and I'd even count Iroh just because of this one picture my friend showed me without asking first of a bunch of obese naked cartoon father figures with him in it. shudders. But no, no. Iroh is a good pick. . Like Sakurai has been criticized for making roster decisions we don't like. But like... was Melee's roster this controversial when it was new? Was Brawls? Like am I too new to this discourse? I know Smash4 and Ultimate were nightmares but to me it feels really bad for them to be making so many weird decisions this early on. It's like if Tingle and Mr. Mime were in Melee and Pikachu and Bowser weren't (IMHO).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish they didn't. Or their excentricities, at the very least, didn't always serve to annoy me and instead delighted me. Like using Reptar and Cynthia from Rugrats over the infants, that feels like good weird. But having one of the two of Shredder's minions when they could honestly be costumes of each other, and having so many Meme Dads (yes, for the sake of this argument, Grandma Gertie is a meme dad). Heck catch me in a bad mood and I'd even count Iroh just because of this one picture my friend showed me without asking first of a bunch of obese naked cartoon father figures with him in it. shudders. But no, no. Iroh is a good pick. . Like Sakurai has been criticized for making roster decisions we don't like. But like... was Melee's roster this controversial when it was new? Was Brawls? Like am I too new to this discourse? I know Smash4 and Ultimate were nightmares but to me it feels really bad for them to be making so many weird decisions this early on. It's like if Tingle and Mr. Mime were in Melee and Pikachu and Bowser weren't (IMHO).
ok ngl I wouldn’t mind Tingle being a fighter one day, but that aside I see your point. Feels like going after the big names of a franchise should be the top priority regardless of how weird they may be at times.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thinking, when it comes to time powers most are concerned about slowing it down. But tbh, I'd be more scared of them speeding it up. Imagine some dude grabs you and then starts speeding up your entire life by 20x, that's horrifying

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve said what I wanted earlier in the thread. I just want to live comfortably. Unfortunately you need a huge amount of money to do that without sacrificing your soul to capitalism.
Silly Snake. Your soul was already sold to capitalism when you were born in a capitalist country :4pacman:

You either survive by playing the game as best you can, or you give up and live in the wild with the squirrels and the beavers.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Silly Snake. Your soul was already sold to capitalism when you were born in a capitalist country :4pacman:

You either survive by playing the game as best you can, or you give up and live in the wild with the squirrels and the beavers.
I said it earlier and loved it too much to not repeat it. “I’d rather drink soda and skinny dip in the hot tub on deck as the burning ship sinks into shark infested waters”. We’re all gonna die anyway, probably when the air becomes unbreathable. So have as much fun as you can and hang the expense!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just realized that No Way Home could’ve made over $2 billion in the box office if China didn’t hate Lady Liberty

maybe even more than Avatar 2 did

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Sega Hardlight had a listing for a narrative driven mobile game a while ago, guess the franchise really does long for it's story focused days again
Interesting pitch but I would have to see it to get on board. And see how it's monetized. How many actual characters you can play as, and how many stupid alt skins they make.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Late as it may be, I hope everyone had a great Halloween.

Whether it was attending a Halloween party, passing out candy to trick-or-treaters, or just watching horror movies with friends and/or family, this is the biggest night of the year to celebrate all things spooky. Happy Halloween, everyone!

StormC

Smash Hero

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The final Mario Kart wave is here:

Edit: Rip Piranha Plant Pipeline, the only track from Tour that will be lost when Tour shuts down.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’ve said what I wanted earlier in the thread. I just want to live comfortably. Unfortunately you need a huge amount of money to do that without sacrificing your soul to capitalism.
Idc, 11 Giga Yachts
Hey, I dunno about you guys but I’d let Mariah Carey pounce on me :drshrug:
I'm not gonna condemn you for this, but take a shower it's the first thing in the morning.

Also she's 54? Wild

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Would now be a bad time to mention Rosalina’s Ice World was my most wanted course for the music alone?

Looks like it snuck in last second.
I remember I didn't used to like it when it first showed up on 3DS but after a while I started liking it based on the music Alone. it's just a shame it wasn't shy guy bazaar
Also
Cutie
SmartSelect_20231101_092925_Brave.jpg

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In addition, a few Mii Suits from Tour and a Music Player will be added to 8 Deluxe with Wave 6.

Edit: 16 Mii Suits in total plus a Daisy one if you have her amiibo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom