• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Wow, TPC actually had a good idea for once.
It doesn't work on all of them mind you.

But if the person using PKHex forgets to include the number string that basically tells the game that "This Pokemon moved through HOME" in its code, HOME will reject it.

Basically, it stops stupid Hackers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is it even wise for Disney to buy EA? I mean they haven't had a good year so far with multi box office failures with one exception (maybe two if you consider Elemental's surprising staying power in theaters) being Guardians 3. Don't get me started with Disney+'s losses.
Disney don’t care about wise decisions. Only owning the biggest names possible to market off of
or at the least what it feels like, based on this video
EA almost destroyed Star Wars video games so Disney wanting to buy them doesn't make sense.
Disney ready for some EA milking
Fun Fact: EA has an exclusivity deal with 20th Century Studios for the video game rights of Simpsons.
That's why Tapped Out lasted for so long and why they aren't in crossovers with other FOX cartoons.
odd that Simpsons would be locked down but not the other FOX shows that Disney owns now (American Dad, the inferior Family Guy, and Bob’s Burgers for example)
Eh, EA apparently had a monopoly on sports games, it seems, so I would not need to feel bad if those fans got upset. I know that is insensitive, but I have a passionate hatred for EA.
Valid reasoning, but NFL fans especially would feel lost inside and out

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat the Teal Mask…

It was solid. I like the new music, and the story was predictable but makes for a fun setup for the indigo disk. Kitagami is a step in the right direction for town design, and the world around is unique.

However by letting the use the box legends, you skip most of the world to get from point a to b. Leaving it unexplored and not as memorable.

I hope Gamefreak finds a way to learn from and balance these elements for future games, especially if they all will be open world.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am enjoying the promotion for this game

Shroob

Sup?
Beat the Teal Mask…

It was solid. I like the new music, and the story was predictable but makes for a fun setup for the indigo disk. Kitagami is a step in the right direction for town design, and the world around is unique.

However by letting the use the box legends, you skip most of the world to get from point a to b. Leaving it unexplored and not as memorable.

I hope Gamefreak finds a way to learn from and balance these elements for future games, especially if they all will be open world.
Kitakami's issue is there's just not a whole lot to do.

You have the MSQ
The Perrin Missions
And the Ogre Clan stuff

And that's it until postgame where you catch the loyal 3.

There's **** all over the ground which gives you "Ooh a piece of candy. Ooh a piece of candy." syndrome, but, not much else.

The fact you walk into it with basically half your dex complete assuming you 400/400'd the Paldea Dex also hurts.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to give Yoshis unique name other than just colors.

The two Toads are already taken care of (it ain't Bucken-Berry and Ala-Gold I can tell you that).

Shroob

Sup?
IDK. But even if an original creator gets control of their property back and doesn't like what was done with the thing in their absence, just declaring it all non-canon and going back to where you personally left off is the ultimate ball fumble.
Eh, I don't mind it.

Sure, on one hand it spurns the fans invested in the current plot but, at the same time, I'd rather respect the creator's wishes and let them tell the story that they personally want to tell, yaknow?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I don't mind it.

Sure, on one hand it spurns the fans invested in the current plot but, at the same time, I'd rather respect the creator's wishes and let them tell the story that they personally want to tell, yaknow?
To be fair, I've never had this happen to one of my original stories. None of my original pitches have ever even been green lit, So I don't know exactly how /i'd feel if I was put in the same situation.

Shroob

Sup?
Caught the Galarian Birbs.

Articuno gave me a ****ing heart attack due to the hail.

Next up the Regis, then gonna grab Drago.

Then Eternatus and Calyrex/Glastrier.

And then........

Time to reset the timeline for the final time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kitakami's issue is there's just not a whole lot to do.

You have the MSQ
The Perrin Missions
And the Ogre Clan stuff

And that's it until postgame where you catch the loyal 3.

There's **** all over the ground which gives you "Ooh a piece of candy. Ooh a piece of candy." syndrome, but, not much else.

The fact you walk into it with basically half your dex complete assuming you 400/400'd the Paldea Dex also hurts.
I have the full Paldea dex completed and yet I can’t access Perin’s mission yet. So I don’t know how much that dex actually overlaps

Shroob

Sup?
I have the full Paldea dex completed and yet I can’t access Perin’s mission yet. So I don’t know how much that dex actually overlaps
There's 200 pokemon in the Kitakami Dex

When the DLC launched, I had about 107 or so already completed.

StormC

Smash Hero
IDK. But even if an original creator gets control of their property back and doesn't like what was done with the thing in their absence, just declaring it all non-canon and going back to where you personally left off is the ultimate ball fumble.
I think something like this can be treated on a case by case basis. For Gargoyles, Greg Weisman as a showrunner is known for planning things out longterm and having really detailed series bibles. So I can understand him wanting to revert it. Almost nobody liked Gargoyles season 3 anyway lol

StormC

Smash Hero
Also played the Mario Wonder demo and really dug it. It feels vibrant and lively, the visual style is a huge upgrade. It made me feel genuinely nostalgic for classic Mario platformers in a way NSMB never did. Something like this:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel casually scrapping an entire creative team for Daredevil: Born Again due to it being more of a legal procedural and less like the Netflix series…starting back from the beginning…

if that’s the problem then why not stick with the original show runners in the first place?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Now here's a memory lane
Also the Petz mention sent me screaming into a nostalgia black hole. Though they were at their best on the PC prior to the reboot...the Zelda-like Dogz and Catz game on the Wii though was a straight banger.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh…now Born Again will be set to become a 2 season adventure (unknown whether it’s 2 9 episode seasons or 2 seasons with 18 episodes each)

Top Bottom