• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
I had a lot of fun playing SWSH the first time, but that was mostly because I went in totally blind. Discovering new Pokemon will always be fun.

Literally as soon as I'd seen the whole Pokedex my level of enjoyment significantly decreased.

Coincidentally it was just around the time of Chairman Rose's bull**** :4pacman:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I guess this would explain the news rumors on Universal buying Warner Bros.

Disney buying EA on the other hand is something I don’t understand.
Was just about to comment about that Disney/EA thing. They’re better off not having a gaming company nowadays anyways. Didn’t know about the rumors of Universal (or I guess Comcast in this case) buying WB tho. That **** would be weird since they already have Universal, DreamWorks, and Illumination for their movie branch.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Was just about to comment about that Disney/EA thing. They’re better off not having a greedy gaming company nowadays anyways. Didn’t know about the rumors of Universal (or I guess Comcast in this case) buying WB tho. That **** would be weird since they already have Universal, DreamWorks, and Illumination for their movie branch.
Fixed, but seriously; if Disney buying EA means they can do something to potentially ruin that company, then by all means, count me in.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think Chairman Rose's entire storyline is best summed up by a Youtube comment on his boss theme music I saw that compares the game's penultimate act to Elon Musk interrupting the Super Bowl to announce that he was starting Armageddon.
He would definitely do that too.

Maybe it was a prophecy.

though it'd be the world cup

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We are quickly approaching the start of an era without Charles Martinet voicing Mario characters. Let's look at games where Martinet didn't voice while he was on the job:
  • Ronald B. Ruben - Voice of Mario in Mario Teaches Typing (MS-DOS version)
  • Nicholas Glaeser - Voice of Mario in Mario is Missing! (PC version)
  • Bob Sorenson - Voice of Luigi in Mario is Missing! (PC version)
  • Marc Graue -Voice of Mario & Luigi in Hotel Mario
  • Julien Bardakoff - Voice of Luigi in Mario Kart 64 (Japan version), Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, and Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Thomas Spindler - Voice of Wario in Mario Kart 64 (Japan version), Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, and Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Soon we'll find out the new voices for Mario, Luigi, and Wario (sad Waluigi noises)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We are quickly approaching the start of an era without Charles Martinet voicing Mario characters. Let's look at games where Martinet didn't voice while he was on the job:
  • Ronald B. Ruben - Voice of Mario in Mario Teaches Typing (MS-DOS version)
  • Nicholas Glaeser - Voice of Mario in Mario is Missing! (PC version)
  • Bob Sorenson - Voice of Luigi in Mario is Missing! (PC version)
  • Marc Graue -Voice of Mario & Luigi in Hotel Mario
  • Julien Bardakoff - Voice of Luigi in Mario Kart 64 (Japan version), Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, and Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Thomas Spindler - Voice of Wario in Mario Kart 64 (Japan version), Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, and Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Soon we'll find out the new voices for Mario, Luigi, and Wario (sad Waluigi noises)
and the newcomer(s) will be living up to quite the legendary legacy Charles is leaving behind. Mario is mostly great (just a few lines are off, such as “it’s a me”), the Luigi is ****ing perfect, and Wario…I’ll need more material on

…and inb4 Waluigi keeps only the Wahs out of pettiness
Fixed, but seriously; if Disney buying EA means they can do something to potentially ruin that company, then by all means, count me in.
Honestly they need to stay out the game business life. Their original run casually died out, and licensing their games is probably better off for them

and if EA went down, I’d feel a tad bit bad for the UFC and Madden gamers

KillerCage

Smash Master
I guess this would explain the news rumors on Universal buying Warner Bros.

Disney buying EA on the other hand is something I don’t understand.
Was just about to comment about that Disney/EA thing. They’re better off not having a gaming company nowadays anyways. Didn’t know about the rumors of Universal (or I guess Comcast in this case) buying WB tho. That **** would be weird since they already have Universal, DreamWorks, and Illumination for their movie branch.
If its anything like those rumors about Apple buying Disney

It's essentially Stock holder fanfiction.
Is it even wise for Disney to buy EA? I mean they haven't had a good year so far with multi box office failures with one exception (maybe two if you consider Elemental's surprising staying power in theaters) being Guardians 3. Don't get me started with Disney+'s losses.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly dunno how much MSQ I have left, but at the breakneck pace this game's been going at I honestly don't expect much.

There's only a single route left.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Fun Fact: EA has an exclusivity deal with 20th Century Studios for the video game rights of Simpsons.
That's why Tapped Out lasted for so long and why they aren't in crossovers with other FOX cartoons.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
EA almost destroyed Star Wars video games so Disney wanting to buy them doesn't make sense.
And apparently the only reason EA almost destroyed Star Wars games was because they were the only studio allowed to make Star Wars games for the longest time and no one liked it, not Disney, not even EA. but because of Contracts it had to stay that way for a bit. Thank god that contract expired.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Capcom has no cartoon animal to merge Sonic with.
Not sure if Classic Megaman or Amaterasu are valid candidates.
(If is Ammy, please for the love of any deity be not based in Jorosahe's Super Sonic X Universe)
I was gonna go with Sonic and Mega Man. Close enough. Then you got DMC and Bayonetta, House of the Dead and Resident Evil, Yakuza and Ace Attorney, Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter, Streets of Rage and Final Fight, Golden Axe and Ghosts n Goblins, and that's just what I have off the top of my head.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And apparently the only reason EA almost destroyed Star Wars games was because they were the only studio allowed to make Star Wars games for the longest time and no one liked it, not Disney, not even EA. but because of Contracts it had to stay that way for a bit. Thank god that contract expired.
Ironically, the one thing that kept Star Wars games from being dead in the water was Lego Star Wars, the only exception of a Non-EA Star Wars game during that time. Cause otherwise it was looking grim

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I was gonna go with Sonic and Mega Man. Close enough. Then you got DMC and Bayonetta, House of the Dead and Resident Evil, Yakuza and Ace Attorney, Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter, Streets of Rage and Final Fight, Golden Axe and Ghosts n Goblins, and that's just what I have off the top of my head.
Mickey Mouse (Illusion series) and Mickey Mouse (Magical Quest) :4pacman:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn Kieran has hands. I actually lost the first time in the final fight.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh ya, as a heads up/warming, if you have any GTS traded Pokemon in SV, check to see if you can drop them in Home. HOME now has a check to look for (poorly) hacked Mons.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Speaking of Capcom, do they have any Scrimblo Bimblo game on their portfolio that isn't Mega Man (the classic series) or Ghosts 'n Goblins???
I guess they aren't too keen in making a mascot platformer.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just realized I accidentally deleted my document of my amalgam comics reboot pairings permanently from my computer like a month ago trying to clear space. I had it in a huge folder that I thought was all full of junk, I always forgot that's where I had it, so I thought that folder was fine to just trash completely, and now I can't get it back. There are recovery programs that claim to be able to do it, but of course they all cost money. there's an old version that discord backed up because I sent it to a friend, but it's two years old and I've made changes sense then. Bugger me if I can remember what all of those changes are though. I feel like such an idiot.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly they need to stay out the game business life. Their original run casually died out, and licensing their games is probably better off for them

and if EA went down, I’d feel a tad bit bad for the UFC and Madden gamers
Eh, EA apparently had a monopoly on sports games, it seems, so I would not need to feel bad if those fans got upset. I know that is insensitive, but I have a passionate hatred for EA.

Top Bottom