• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Understandable that Mario RPG enemies are being renamed. If Blooper is still called "Bloober" it would be weird.

I know everyone want to know what are they going to do with Exor's mouth "Neosquid"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
played Mario Wonder again, and a few things
  1. Daisy is that ***** for life
  2. Mario’s voice is still mostly good outside of very few instances (such as his it’s a me and his dying sound)
  3. **** those nut spitting squirrels or whatever they are for running away from me instead of embracing their inevitable deaths
  4. Oddly enough the game feels better to play with Joycons than the pro controller (probably coincidental or something
  5. unrelated to Mario, but I also checked out the Metroid Orime demo…and man I still got no skill with that franchise despite it being the first level. Fighting is easy, but the traveling around is hella tough (but I did recognize the area of the boss fight thanks to Smash) so yay to me

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
words that can be understood within LJ’s music? Nice

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People would like bubsy in smash for the memes and got the ability to beat the shot out of him. Besides. Smash doesn’t have its meme character yet, unless you count Steve. And if Multiversus and Nick Brawl have taught me anything, it’s that memes are more important than anything else.
How is Bubsy more of a franchise than Rayman? Why is this the world we live in?

Give me complete control.

I'll make the world's biggest ****post :4wario2:
Like this. Nobody would remember it if there was an actual bubsy game of quality. The only stuff that gets remembered is garbage and/or memes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Rayman simply does not have an impact like Bubsy
Everyone remembers him. And yet he never sells enough to stay.

His numbers would be fine for a smaller company to keep him around. But someone like Ubisoft? They have bigger fish to fry. It’s so sad.

And this is why capitalism is ruining games.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
And if Multiversus and Nick Brawl have taught me anything, it’s that memes are more important than anything else.
Well I wouldn’t say that exactly.

Playing into memes is just an easy method of fanservice. It’s really no different than referencing any other fandom in-joke. In fact memes are the modern fandom in-jokes.

Also, if Bubsy came out the gate as a good franchise people would remember it for that. But it from the get-go. and that's what its known for. At this point quality content just isn't what people come to the Bubsy series for.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I wouldn’t say that exactly.

Playing into memes is just an easy method of fanservice. It’s really no different than referencing any other fandom in-joke. In fact memes are the modern fandom in-jokes.

Also, if Bubsy came out the gate as a good franchise people would remember it for that. But it from the get-go
It's too late. You broke me. There is no putting me back together.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
How is Bubsy more of a franchise than Rayman? Why is this the world we live in?
Because Rayman is not an anthropomorphic animal/furry? idk, Name ten important Scrimblo Bimbloes that aren't that.
1. Mario
2. Pitfall Harry
3. Kirby
4. Wild Woody
5. Mega Man
6. Sir Arthur
7. Jak
8. Shovel Knight
9. Marco Rossi
10. Cuphead

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Everyone remembers him. And yet he never sells enough to stay.

His numbers would be fine for a smaller company to keep him around. But someone like Ubisoft? They have bigger fish to fry. It’s so sad.

And this is why capitalism is ruining games.
I mean does everyone know who Rayman is? He hasn't been relevant since the Wii U era and I'd argue the Rabbids are more iconic nowadays?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean does everyone know who Rayman is? He hasn't been relevant since the Wii U era and I'd argue the Rabbids are more iconic nowadays?
He gets brought up a lot online almost anytime anyone talks about older games and everyone has talked about him at least once. The general populace is the general populace. The use TikTok, speak in memes, and are generally unfathomable.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, I get it now

Also this show ****ing slaps
Yeah first season was flames.

I haven't hit season 2 because Yu Yu Hakasho has been taking up my time, but I'll get to it. I have heard the manga is speedrunning so that'll be fun.

Or I get to Demon Slayer first and then that... eventually.
The general populace is the general populace. The use TikTok, speak in memes, and are generally unfathomable.
download (3).jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom