• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean there's One Piece fans that bootlick world governments, GTA fans complaining about politics in gaming, Pokemon Fans, etc etc

Some people don't actually engage the media they consume
WG bootlickers are usually ironic but I heard there's some unironic ones out there and I really have to wonder what even got them interested in One Piece to begin with

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
WG bootlickers are usually ironic but I heard there's some unironic ones out there and I really have to wonder what even got them interested in One Piece to begin with
I mean there's a weird overlap between anime and people who are in favor for authoritarian governents, sadly that's true for some OP fans

I mean slurs and hate speech were legit flying when Yamoto hit the scene, this fanbase can not pause and think for a moment on what the story is actually about

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean there's a weird overlap between anime and people who are in favor for authoritarian governents, sadly that's true for some OP fans

I mean slurs and hate speech were legit flying when Yamoto hit the scene, this fanbase can not pause and think for a moment on what the story is actually about
Ok but how do you get into a story about a cartoon pirate and his friends going on an adventure with the power of friendship and then decide that your faction of choice is the one that has people who look like this
images (1).jpeg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok but how do you get into a story about a cartoon pirate and his friends going on an adventure with the power of friendship and then decide that your faction of choice is the one that has people who look like this
View attachment 394923
The dude looks like the kind of guybto have a confederate flag in his mansion so yeah that about sums it up

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
October 4th really do be a mostly cursed day it seemed
Btw not giving the male SEES party members social links in P3 was pretty dumb
they got lucky with Portable due to the Kotone route giving them all social links, but Reload compensated by giving them “episodes” that act like social links minus the social star struggles

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 394923
I feel like a lot of it has to do with Akainu. Part of that is likely his appearance; he's probably the most "normal" looking powerhouse in One Piece, and his no-nonsense demeanour (it almost feels like he stepped out of a different series at times) might get people to root for him if they somehow find One Piece's goofier side to be annoying (though if that's the case, I'm not sure why they're reading/watching One Piece to begin with; I've just seen way too many people act like the Straw Hats need to fail and lose horribly for an arc to be good).

There's a surprisingly large number of people who act as though "Akainu did nothing wrong" or "he was just doing his job" even though his introduction has him slaughter every single person on an island when they were being evacuated on a government-supplied ship.

Then again, it can be hard to tell how much of that sort of "rooting for the villain" mentality is legitimate, stupidity, or trolling.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"he was just doing his job" even though his introduction has him slaughter every single person on an island when they were being evacuated on a government-supplied ship.
This is like the most obviously nazi **** one can say lmao so yeah you're probably right. Can't believe Grandpa Max changed that much after eating a devil fruit, **** sucks, never meet your heroes

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know what I realized that Halloween isn't like the Halloween that it was before after watching a video. Halloween really used to be seeing the streets filled with kids trick or treating and me actually enjoying handing out candy but now it just means I decorate, draw Halloween themed pictures, and buy candy just to eat for myself.

I'm dressing up for for Halloween for me has been replaced with cosplay and those events cost money

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ve barely had time to read One Piece this week cause of work. The port strikes ****ed me up bro

Only managed to get from 300 - 325, so I’m at Water Seven currently.

Chopper will probably always be my favorite character, I don’t think you can top peak design like that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watched Joker 2…**** ****ing sucked Grodd ass. Waste of the money I didn’t spend to watch it…illegal watching benefits

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
watched Joker 2…**** ****ing sucked Grodd ass. Waste of the money I didn’t spend to watch it…illegal watching benefits
I’ve heard some things…

Is it true that there’s a scene where Arthur gets SA’d by prison guards, and that shocks the Joker out of him?

And does he really get killed by another prisoner at the end, and that guy starts carving the Joker smile on his face, implying that he’s the one who becomes the Joker?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I’ve heard some things…

Is it true that there’s a scene where Arthur gets SA’d by prison guards, and that shocks the Joker out of him?

And does he really get killed by another prisoner at the end, and that guy starts carving the Joker smile on his face, implying that he’s the one who becomes the Joker?

Genuinely one of the most disgusting movies to ever exist, and flat out the most disgusting movie this year solely because of the script and this is a year with Terrifier 3 coming out

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’ve heard some things…

It's real

Top Bottom