• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Haha funny Zombie arc is over I wonder what's next for One Piece.

Ah racism and slavery, yeah exactly what I expected. Yep.

Shoutouts to Luffy just decking that guy at the auction
This arc along with the next few made Luffy my favorite character in fiction

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Agatha All Along has been very enjoyable so far. Honestly the shows that the internet goes "Who asked for this?" have usually had the best batting average so far.

Andor, Echo, The Acolyte and now Agatha All Along, at worst have at least been interesting

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Agatha All Along has been very enjoyable so far. Honestly the shows that the internet goes "Who asked for this?" have usually had the best batting average so far.

Andor, Echo, The Acolyte and now Agatha All Along, at worst have at least been interesting
Agatha has been peak as hell tbh. Theme song stuck in my head.

Also gotta put Kite-Man on the list since that ended up being a success as well
I’ve heard some things…

Is it true that there’s a scene where Arthur gets SA’d by prison guards, and that shocks the Joker out of him?

And does he really get killed by another prisoner at the end, and that guy starts carving the Joker smile on his face, implying that he’s the one who becomes the Joker?

Genuinely one of the most disgusting movies to ever exist, and flat out the most disgusting movie this year solely because of the script and this is a year with Terrifier 3 coming out
I feel like a prisoner being sexually assaulted by prison guards, one who's a bit on the insane side, is pretty ****ing gross.
All of that is true. Arthur gets killed by the same guy he kissed early on in the movie, and the officers that ***** him did so due to him making them look bad during his court case. All of it done to make you sympathize with Joker…who dies and gets replaced with another Joker…and is a story that’ll likely never get a sequel.

Also, Harley (who goes by the name Lee instead) dumps him for not being Joker. Between those and the badly placed musicals, this sequel was a drastic mess.

Bad year for Joker overall (unless HQ season 5 somehow fixes the character’s development)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watching the LEGO Horizon Adventures trailer makes me interested in the idea of Aloy in Smash

And I know jack **** about her or her series

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
sucks that I had to confirm how bad the movie was. Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League has a horrible Joker…Suicide Squad Isekai has an ugly looking Joker…and the sequel to the hit Joker movie sucks.

if it wasn’t for the Harley Quinn show, Multiversus, and his small cameo in Caped Crusader, I’d be saying the character needs to be packed up

Shroob

Sup?
I remember the Disney DVDs came with interactive games. And also Tinkerbell. And also
Ain't noting like opening a big, plastic clam case and popping a big piece of plastic into the VCR

Only to realize that no one rewinded it and that'd be an extra 5 or so minutes of wait time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Boomer take but I legit miss DVDs and Blu-Rays, not cause of the fact that they're physical, but because of all the bonus features that came with it. Bloopers, behind the scenes, deleted scenes, etc.

Streaming killed all that
The Microsoft Store bundles DVD/Blu-Ray bonus features with any movies you buy, but yeah I sometimes seek out used DVD's just to check out what features I don't get on streaming services.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Boomer take but I legit miss DVDs and Blu-Rays, not cause of the fact that they're physical, but because of all the bonus features that came with it. Bloopers, behind the scenes, deleted scenes, etc.

Oh man, I feel you. When I was a kid I ripped through my Bambi DVD to death and back cuz of all the goodies it had on there. I miss those days.

There are companies out there keeping the special features alive like Criterion, at least. What I'd give for Soul to get a Criterion release...

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I have absolutely watched the bonus features of some movies more than the actual movies they were attached too.

Couldn't tell you what happens in Night at the Museum 2, but God damn do I know how they portrayed Napoleon's height difference in some shots.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have absolutely watched the bonus features of some movies more than the actual movies they were attached too.

Couldn't tell you what happens in Night at the Museum 2, but God damn do I know how they portrayed Napoleon's height difference in some shots.
Dum Dum want Gum Gum

wait shoot that was the first one nvm

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I watched this VHS tape of the creation of Star Wars: A New Hope, and I watched that so much, and I am pretty sure my love of that tape is why I still have such an appreciation for Star Wars.

I wonder where that tape is...

Dum Dum want Gum Gum

wait shoot that was the first one nvm
No the second one is where Ben Stiller has sexual tension with a wax figure of Amelia Earhart.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No the second one is where Ben Stiller has sexual tension with a wax figure of Amelia Earhart.
They like kissed and stuff and the end of the movie so like... that had to be weird to feel.

Also she flew away at the end of the movie so Ben Stiller should have 100% gotten fired. Horrible night guard.

Shroob

Sup?
I watched this VHS tape of the creation of Star Wars: A New Hope, and I watched that so much, and I am pretty sure my love of that tape is why I still have such an appreciation for Star Wars.

I wonder where that tape is...

Is that what Mr.Miyagi meant by "Wax Off"?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I still buy DVDs and Blu Rays. Those bonus features still exist.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of, this year I watched both of the Paul Blart movies. Firstly, 1 is good in an ironic way. 2 is ass.

Secondly. there really are certain kinds of movies where you can tell who's gonna be in it based on the lead actor. Adam Sandler movies legit got the same cast, Kevin James movies have massive overlap with Adam Sandler movies, there's a 75% chance that if Kevin Hart is in a movie, so is The Rock, Tyler Perry means he's getting a bald headed dude from Law and Order, etc...

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I started a new file in P3R and after going through the first area of Tartarus again I think I'll stick with my current file

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh boy people are talking about a Joker 2 spoiler, could it be the one I heard which sounds like absolute dog water. Wouldn't quite explain the visceral disgust people habe about it but that must be it!
I’ve heard some things…

Is it true that there’s a scene where Arthur gets SA’d by prison guards, and that shocks the Joker out of him?

And does he really get killed by another prisoner at the end, and that guy starts carving the Joker smile on his face, implying that he’s the one who becomes the Joker?
db0.jpg

Oh

Man I REALLY wanna know what the **** went on behind the scenes, it's like they deliberately made the first movie unlike an actual movie with Joker and then went "Ok let's deliberately make everything different from the last one, first of all, turn it into a musical"

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of, this year I watched both of the Paul Blart movies. Firstly, 1 is good in an ironic way. 2 is ass.

Secondly. there really are certain kinds of movies where you can tell who's gonna be in it based on the lead actor. Adam Sandler movies legit got the same cast, Kevin James movies have massive overlap with Adam Sandler movies, there's a 75% chance that if Kevin Hart is in a movie, so is The Rock, Tyler Perry means he's getting a bald headed dude from Law and Order, etc...
Ngl.... Mall Cop 1 is one of those movies that if it's on, I'll watch it to finish.... Kinda like Talladega Nights.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh boy people are talking about a Joker 2 spoiler, could it be the one I heard which sounds like absolute dog water. Wouldn't quite explain the visceral disgust people habe about it but that must be it!

View attachment 394949

Oh

Man I REALLY wanna know what the **** went on behind the scenes, it's like they deliberately made the first movie unlike an actual movie with Joker and then went "Ok let's deliberately make everything different from the last one, first of all, turn it into a musical"
which spoiler were you think of? Cause there’s lots of bad

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 394949

Oh

Lowkey feels like a movie that was made because they accidentally attracted the wrong audience, so they overcorrected it in the opposite direction but other audience hated the movie too so now nobody likes or wants it.

Ironically, I feel The Batman was the same, they accidentally had people agreeing with the Riddler and him picking off the corrupt elites, so The Batman 2 is just gonna be copaganda.
which spoiler were you think of? Cause there’s lots of bad
I'm upset they made a musical with Lady Gaga and then they didn't use her.

Shroob

Sup?
Lowkey feels like a movie that was made because they accidentally attracted the wrong audience, so they overcorrected it in the opposite direction but other audience hated the movie too so now nobody likes or wants it.

Ironically, I feel The Batman was the same, they accidentally had people agreeing with the Riddler and him picking off the corrupt elites, so The Batman 2 is just gonna be copaganda.

I'm upset they made a musical with Lady Gaga and then they didn't use her.
This movie sounds like a Bad Romance of ideas.

I'll see myself out.

Top Bottom