• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Im in the camp that if Gen 9 gets a rep in smash its probably just going to be ScreamTail as a Jigglypuff echo fighter.

Because it would be an easy character to include. Like Pichu being a quick and easy piec of G2 representation in melee.
No way, dude. We're getting a whole new Pokemon fighter.

Echo Scream Tail could also be included, but that won't be it.

Shroob

Sup?
Kinda wonder how Paradox Pokemon will even be handled in the future.

Like, they're not Legendaries, so you can't shoehorn them into whatever Legendary catchup mechanic you include. Ultra Beasts technically are Legendaries, which is why they get included in stuff like that, but they're not soooo.....

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
No way, dude. We're getting a whole new Pokemon fighter.

Echo Scream Tail could also be included, but that won't be it.
Well by the time the next smash rolls around we'd probably be in gen 10 so the rep would be from that region.

But Screamtail seems likethe perfct echo fighter that i can easily see them including it as a defacto gen 9 rep.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well by the time the next smash rolls around we'd probably be in gen 10 so the rep would be from that region.

But Screamtail seems likethe perfct echo fighter that i can easily see them including it as a defacto gen 9 rep.
Unless we get an Ultimate situation, where the next smash drops at the tail end of Gen 9.

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna be honest

I think it's time Kingambit leaves OU
and we seriously consider banning Tera from singles lmao

This gen's power creep is ****ing absurd when 7/10 of the top mons are all Gen9 originals
1696190290173.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My Gen 8 pick was Urshifu and my Gen 9 pick is Tinkaton. How’s that?
Tinkaton’s final smash works like snakes, except instead of a rocket launcher, it launches rocks at Corvenknights to hit into opponents.
Kinda wonder how Paradox Pokemon will even be handled in the future.

Like, they're not Legendaries, so you can't shoehorn them into whatever Legendary catchup mechanic you include. Ultra Beasts technically are Legendaries, which is why they get included in stuff like that, but they're not soooo.....
Somehow terapagos returned.

Shroob

Sup?
Really though, as much as I hate to admit it, I really think a good solution to fix Gen 9's issues is to just ban Tera and reset everything from zero to see how the metagame shifts.

Tera keeps making certain Pokes just stupid strong.

It's not going to fix everything, but it'll stop things like Kingambit Tera Flying on an EQ and proceeding to Sucker Punch everything to death.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Gonna be honest

This gen's power creep is ****ing absurd when 7/10 of the top mons are all Gen9 originals
View attachment 378620
I think if we get rid of Tera then Gambit is fine. Sure, it's still strong if you let it get going, but you can't cheat your way out of bad matchups. And it has a ton of bad matchups without Tera. It doesn't like any of Valiant, Lando, Heatran, and basically immediately dies against Great Tusk

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ahsoka finale, Loki season 2 premiere, Mario Wonder, Spider-Man 2, Sonic Superstars, Taylor Swift tour in theaters, FNAF movie, Goosebumps reboot premiere, final episodes of Doom Patrol, Monster High 2, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Detective Pikachu Returns, Arkham trilogy on Switch, MGS Master Collection, Halloween, and John Cena wrestling on tv...all within a month?

October 2023 is showing no mercy to anybody

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
I think if we get rid of Tera then Gambit is fine. Sure, it's still strong if you let it get going, but you can't cheat your way out of bad matchups. And it has a ton of bad matchups without Tera. It doesn't like any of Valiant, Lando, Heatran, and basically immediately dies against Great Tusk
Sadly, I think between the two, they'd sooner ban Gambit than Tera.

I get that banning a gen's gimmick is a big deal but, the same thing keeps happening over and over again of "Sweeper becomes problematic because they change their type", and instead of hitting the root cause, they hit the abuser instead.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I should really finish some horror games I started a while back this month.

I've yet to beat the original Amnesia game. So far it's been fun (and frightening), so I'll probably get the rest of the games in the series after finishing it.

Other than that, I've also got Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion: HD Renovation and all the DLC/side stories to finish.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Idk how to describe it but playing against Anchor Kingambit is like playing against MVC3 anchor Vergil.

Yes, you have outplayed your opponent, yes you know they aren't the strongest character out there, but your opponent has max resources and now you will lose the game because the game rewards them for being dog****.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A little better, but not by much.

I'm a way bigger fan of the Paldea starters so I'm fine with their inevitable Smash inclusion :yoshi:

I know you're going to respond with "Well uhm actually I don't like them 🤓" but I simply do not care so either reply with something original or spare us both the hassle :073:
I have to say, Gen 9 was a big step up for me for the Starters. I don't mind Inteleon or Rillaboom, but I don't have a big love for them either and they're nowhere close to my personal favorites. The Gen 9 Starters I personally find are better done conceptually and design-wise and are a lot more fun as Pokemon.

Gonna be honest

View attachment 378620
looks at HSamurott in OU

sniff
I'm so proud of my boy, he's come a long way from PU and all it required was an edgy phase.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still love Grookey and Rillaboom, but yeah, I think the overall designs of each the Gen 9 starters and their evolutions are going to hold up better compared to the designs of their immediate predecessors. There's just more creativity to their designs, their initial forms have more charm to them, and their later forms have more originality and a coolness factor.

Design-wise, they just look better overall.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Anyone else having trouble with the Titan gauntlet in the Sonic Frontiers: Final Horizon expansion?
I've only gotten to the second titan and those perfect parries are a 8!+(# and I'm dreading the third titan.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyone else having trouble with the Titan gauntlet in the Sonic Frontiers: Final Horizon expansion?
I've only gotten to the second titan and those perfect parries are a 8!+(# and I'm dreading the third titan.
The parry window becomes a lot less strict if you reduce the difficulty, which I ended up doing because **** Master King Koko why did they think this challenge was a good idea

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gamefreak broke the Paradise Protection Protocol battle in the latest update:

My guess is a 3 or 4 V 1 Terra battle against Teropoglos will happen. With their tinkering breaking this fight.

Shroob

Sup?
Idk how to describe it but playing against Anchor Kingambit is like playing against MVC3 anchor Vergil.

Yes, you have outplayed your opponent, yes you know they aren't the strongest character out there, but your opponent has max resources and now you will lose the game because the game rewards them for being dog****.
Honestly, Kingambit would still be busted af without Tera, but you could at the very least kill it with a good fighting or ground attack.

But lol, press 1 button and sweep.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We need to make sure this gif reaches Sakurai
Ah yes, the Cuban crocodile. Really unique amongst its species for its more terrestrial nature compared to other croc species as well as hunting as duos which might have been an adaption to hunting ground sloths when they were living at the time.
Ahsoka finale, Loki season 2 premiere, Mario Wonder, Spider-Man 2, Sonic Superstars, Taylor Swift tour in theaters, FNAF movie, Goosebumps reboot premiere, final episodes of Doom Patrol, Monster High 2, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Detective Pikachu Returns, Arkham trilogy on Switch, MGS Master Collection, Halloween, and John Cena wrestling on tv...all within a month?

October 2023 is showing no mercy to anybody
Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't forget Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match and Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong as well!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't forget Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match and Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong as well!
aka a weird ass crossover that somehow doesn’t out weird what TMNT does

now for them to work on making sense out of the current Batman situation

Top Bottom