• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Keith David absolutely kills it in season 3.

His performance is so well delivered and leads to one of the best scenes of the whole show imo.
Keith David in general is an incredible actor. He's always had strong, three-dimensional roles and gives an incredible performance with each one, especially in voice acting, But man, his role as Andrias is arguably one of his absolute best.

It says a lot when you can make a character lovable, hatable, a villain you love to hate, a tragic villain you can sympathize with, and then tragic figure you just feel downright sorry for by the end of his arc. His performance is incredibly layered and believable. Andrias' writing combined with Keith David's performance goes a long way in making the character so three-dimensional and fascinating.

While I could nitpick at things like The Temples for forever, I guess they still add more fo the story and writers are allowed to cheat sometimes so I guess that wouldn't be fair. They were there to send Anne and friends on an adventure (and also to rob them of their powers) and they served that purpose well.

But I have huge issues with The Secret Spell and how it was handled.

It was a pretty blatant excuse to make Anne have to sacrifice herself last second after the good guys had basically already won. Plus I think it's also kind of antithetical to the themes of self-love but I guess that's its own issue.

Maybe if The Secret Spell had been handled differently I'd have a warmer opinions on the show's use of plot devices.
I personally never saw the Temples as an issue and thought they added more to the show's world, especially by virtue of being built by the same order that protected the Calamity Stones. It's not that different their presence in a Zelda game, though there's some subversions of how "ancient temples" are usually handled in Amphibia as well that make these ones stand out on their own.

The sacrifice itself I don't have an issue with, but yeah, I d really wish there had been some foreshadowing of the Secret Spell before the very last episode. The closest we have to that or the sacrifice are just Anne having several brushes with death over the course of the show (and that doesn't amount to much when virtually every major character has several brushes with death) and Marcy and Sasha having near-death experiences in the prior two season finales.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haven't passed by this thread in a good chunk of days. Nothing wrong doh, I guess I just find It more comfortable to make profile posts as I have those directly at the main menu of the site.

Anyways, I am thinking about selling the Gambit figure I own and change It for this one:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What do you think of the update other than that, Lamperouge?
Amy's 'ight, Knuckles is ass, Tails is pretty fun once you unlock the Cyclone, and the story bits seem okay so far...but I don't play Sonic games for the story so it doesn't really do much for me besides being generally inoffensive. 🤷‍♂️

It's also annoying how a bunch of challenges require precision platforming when the physics and controls have a mind of their own.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Amy's 'ight, Knuckles is ass, Tails is pretty fun once you unlock the Cyclone, and the story bits seem okay so far...but I don't play Sonic games for the story so it doesn't really do much for me besides being generally inoffensive. 🤷‍♂️

It's also annoying how a bunch of challenges require precision platforming when the physics and controls have a mind of their own.
I understand what you mean. All of it. I mean, I love the update and am having fun with it, but I do realize the game is not without flaws, which need to be addressed for improvement in future Sonic games, by the way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I entered the 2nd phase of the Sonic dlc last night…after hours of pain…then I exited out to play Smash as random characters out of hope to feel gamer calm.

I accidentally beat a Cloud as Pikachu, someone I don’t play, thanks to the powers of accidental gimping. Also, that Reach Out To The Truth remix hits a lot harder now that I have Persona 4 context

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Seems like some of the Onepi no mi (The One Piece gashapon figures I'm collecting) are limited releases. Mostly ones from Wano.

I have mixed feelings on this because that includes most of the Tobi Roppo, who I do not care about, but also most of the red scabbards who I care about a lot. And like this wouldn't have been so bad if that didn't include Kin'emon, their leader who accompanied the straw hats for almost 500 chapters and one of the most central figures of that arc. I'm pretty upset about this when less important scabbards like Kiku and Denjiro (both of whom I really like) and ****ing Ulti from the Tobi Roppo are not limited releases.

Granted I'm not actually sure if they're limited releases but the fact that they're labeled differently from the other sets and are a more rare find online coupled with the fact that they go for higher prices when I do find them leads me to believe they are. And while I am a collector I absolutely do not intend to spend much more on them than the regular figures, and I don't plan on getting the Tobi Roppo set at all.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm at an anime convention right now and it has an arcade game area.

I never knew how much the art of Fix-It Felix Jr.'s arcade cabinet flat out rips off Donkey Kong's cabinet so much that it's shameless. Did Disney forget that Nintendo exists in the Wreck-It Ralph universe?

Also, the Puyo Puyo Sun cabinet was completely unplayable. Not only was the monitor was in bad quality, but the blue and purple Puyos were identical in color. How did they think this was acceptable?

I don't have any complaints with the other arcade games.

Otherwise, I'm having a great time.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
At the convention, one person's costume was a combination of Naked Snake and Chris Chan.

I don't know how to respond to this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tbh I found the towers quite fun, the only one I can see folks having a real hard time with is the bomb one but I just jumped away and suspended Sonic in midair, avoiding the explosion or halting his momentum when hit. The real kicker is what awaits at the top, the final one has a rematch against the Titans with various rules.

One of those rules is that the parry needs to actually be timed now. Certainly managable though, unless one of the bosses literally needs to be parried to even land a hit and constantly timerscams while your rings get lower and lower. It would be a shame if some overgrown flying snake had not been rebalanced in some way to make it so that you don't get forced to master the new aprry without any way to properly practise.

Beyond that I'm having fun with the jank **** to go ****ing flying, Wyvern rematch is the one massive gripe I have

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man I wish I was a better artist.

I try to practice but I dunno if I’m improving.
I told you you’re good thee years ago and you’ve improved a hundredfold since then. Don’t give up.

At the convention, one person's costume was a combination of Naked Snake and Chris Chan.

I don't know how to respond to this.
Chris Chan is out of a prison so there’s a slim chance it’s just a Naked Snake cosplay

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I said it before as a profile post, but I loved the ending to Sonic Frontiers' final update! The ending nearly made me cry!

If I had to give the credits song, I'm With You, the vocals version, another name, it would be Dear Father: Good Future.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After 484 eggs I finally got the last team member for my Teal Mask Playthrough. Also literally the next batch of eggs had a second shiny Orthworm:
IMG_8546.jpeg

4 of these Pokémon I got while hatching eggs for Orthworm.
That being numel, swablu, clefairy and rockruff.

Going to put my team together with 6 of these mons, and bring Them all the way through Indigo Disk.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After 484 eggs I finally got the last team member for my Teal Mask Playthrough. Also literally the next batch of eggs had a second shiny Orthworm:
View attachment 378599
4 of these Pokémon I got while hatching eggs for Orthworm.
That being numel, swablu, clefairy and rockruff.

Going to put my team together with 6 of these mons, and bring Them all the way through Indigo Disk.
The Blue Orthworms look sooooo good.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Blue Orthworms look sooooo good.
I really like its look. I’m a big fan of the blue shiny forms and this one is especially great. Didn’t use orthworm in my main playthrough but thought it was fun Pokémon design wise, so I wanted to bring it to the DLC.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not sure why, but in my mind I read all of Kieran’s lines in the voice of Butters from South Park. Which made his eventual Joker moment absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
someone rage quit on me in Smash due to pure luck as Pikachu…wish I could’ve gained them Smash online points

Top Bottom