• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks to ousting soo many Ogres, I was able to max out my Iron Moth without spending a dime.

And all it took was perpetuating a stereotype for the sake of capitalism.

Kitakami is a nice place you know.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This reads like shipper cope :073:
I feel like 90% time a shipper tries to explain the logic behind their ship, especially when it never actually ends up becoming canon or getting any real romantic clues or interactions between the characters in question, their fallback argument pretty much just amounts to this:

But people, including myself, tend to over-analyze fiction all the time, so I guess the potential romance and pairings for any of the characters is no exception. -Shrug-

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like 90% time a shipper tries to explain the logic behind their ship, especially when it never actually ends up becoming canon or getting any real romantic clues or interactions between the characters in question, their fallback argument pretty much just amounts to this:

But people, including myself, tend to over-analyze fiction all the time, so I guess the potential romance and pairings for any of the characters is no exception. -Shrug-
I acknowledge my pairings are stupid and I never pretend they have any real basis :4wario2:

sad gay noises

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh I don't really do shipping unless it's canonical. Call me basic but I'm a sucker for canon romances.

There are small exceptions to this however.
Also this. I generally don't ship characters anymore unless it's canon, or is blatantly getting teased to be canon from the way the characters interact.

There's a few exceptions, usually just because I think the idea is cute or would be good writing-wise. But I don't see a point in trying to argue about ships or going against the canon of a show.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've had some bad experiences with Amphibia shipping fandom. Very very bad.

But I'll save you the rant. Most of it was just the result of plain old Twitter/Reddit toxicity.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've had some bad experiences with Amphibia shipping fandom. Very very bad.

But I'll save you the rant. Most of it was just the result of plain old Twitter/Reddit toxicity.
Even putting Twitter and Reddit aside, Amphibia's shipping fandom seems dead set on trying to proclaim a few certain pairings as canon.

So somehow I'm not surprised that it's toxic. Great to see the fans took all the show's lessons about how toxicity is bad to heart

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don’t ship anyone. I just want to watch gay people be cute.
It's not shipping itself I hate. It's just when people develop nasty attitudes about it.

Or when they sexualize minors and then deflect when called out on it. >.>

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At the end of the day in fandom you're either a shipper or a powerscaler
Powerscaling. The thing that ruined death battle.
It's not shipping itself I hate. It's just when people develop nasty attitudes about it.

Or when they sexualize minors and then deflect when called out on it. >.>
Yeah. I’ve never really been involved with a fandom like that about a show while it was airing. I was pretty disconnected from the fans of everything I liked growing up, even if I knew they existed. And now I don’t really know where to look. But as a bonus I avoided most of that kind of drama.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally got to watch Blue Beetle and gawd daymn the movie slapped. Glad he’s sticking around in the DCU once that soft reboot starts

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean that show is super cute. So cute that it makes you realize that you are single and watching it alone and now you made yourself sad as you s ilently laugh at uour screen in the darkness of your room. Way to go.

I also liked Yu, he was cool.
It's also genuinely really well written tbh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Amphibia spoilers:

Am I the only one who NEVER got the impression that Anne had a crush on either of her friends?

Marcy's a maybe. Sasha's the only one with any actual subtext, and even that's mostly reserved for later in the series, like you said.
This reads like shipper cope :073:
I never got into shipping with like 90% of what I watch, but I can kind of see the argument people had.

Anne seemed to always obsess over Sasha, to the point where she would do things out of her comfort zone due to the peer pressure and her wanting to impress.

Marcy similarly obsessed over Sasha and was always around her when not with Anne.

And when with Anne, Anne basically was her babysitter, keeping her out of trouble.

Even at the end of the show, Sasha and Marcy seem to have never broken contact, while Anne keeps in touch, but nowhere near as much. Something she writes about in the official journal put out.

There’s probably more subtext in the show, book and iirc even the crew’s statements, but like I said, I don’t invest in that. That’s reddits job lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I never really understood how people get so caught up in playing matchmaker with characters, when they could instead be spending their time guessing which characters will make the most sense to be an a fighting game.

Top Bottom