• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The main girl is not a raging lesbian. So no, it doesn't meet your rigid requirements I'm afraid.

Some LGBT side characters though.
It's not a rigid requirement. It's just nice to have though since... you know. Am gay. Looking forward to those side characters though.
You saw me call Dominator mommy
Eh as an Amphibia fan myself, I connected with it right away and had a roaring great time with even the filler episodes.

Though maybe that's just because I like amphibians and reptiles.
I like amphibians and reptiles too. Just... IDK, it's not quite clicking with me yet. I think it would be clicking with me more if it was either just focusing on the Planter family without Anne or if it was just Anne's adventures in this world as she journeyed through it. Right now it feels a little bit too much like a weird reverse American Dad (human being hidden in the basementof an "alien" family instead of the other way around) with too little of the interesting world being shown and focused on.

KillerCage

Smash Master
When I posted this I was talking about Ann showing up in a news article on Camilla's phone in the S2 finale.

Loved the Owl House finale btw. Though i swore I saw a clip of Luz proposing to Amity online somewhere so I'm surprised it wasn't in the show. Maybe I dreampt it.

So far I'm seven episodes (14 segments) in to Amphibia and so far it's... IDK its ok. It's not doing as much with it's premise as I feel it could be, but that kind of happens when the segments are only 11 minutes long and the show is going for a more slice of life type thing. Tgere has been some good character stuff but idk, not quite scratching the right itches yet.
Amphibia starts as a slow burn but it pays off as the show goes on. There is LGBTQ+ representation, but it is more in the background. The show has a larger focus on cultural representation which is significantly rarer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
went back to play Sonic Frontiers to prepare for the dlc, and I’m only just realizing he pulls meat out of his ass to fish

Shroob

Sup?
Finished Ramanas Park.

Wasn't as bad as I expected tbh but, yeah, farming for shards was awful.

NOW we start Hisui.......riiiiiiiight after I get this Iron Moth ready for H.Decidueye's raid.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Come on now, y'all aren't even trying to hide your simp-ery.

I mean I'm not just gonna waltz in here and say I want Riya Disventure Camp to make me into her bedroom buddy-cut to a Please Stand By message

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah, I just have standards. I don't burst in the thread going "God DAMN do I want the buff chick from Encanto to crush my head with her thighs!"
I didn’t go THAT far. Heck i spoiler tagged it. I could be much more explicit if I wanted to and had a death wish.
Amphibia starts as a slow burn but it pays off as the show goes on. There is LGBTQ+ representation, but it is more in the background. The show has a larger focus on cultural representation which is significantly rarer.
I’ve been told. And yeah, I’m gonna stick with it. Just really not a fan of 11 minute episodes. Never really have been, even as a kid I always thought the adventures wrapped up too quickly.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Amphibia and The Owl House are both fantastic shows and I'd recommend them to anyone.

The two shows do have a different flavor from each other as well as even more so from the show they took a lot of inspiration and sorta descended from, but if you liked Gravity Falls, chances are high that you'll like Amphibia and The Owl House as well.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what I don’t get? Why do shows with 11 minute segments still get bundled into half hours on streaming services? Have them be their own individual files do people could watch one and not the other if they wanted. You could do it. We have the technology. The only reason they get bundled together as sister episodes for cable is because of half hour programming/commercial airtime blocks.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Come on now, y'all aren't even trying to hide your simp-ery.

I mean I'm not just gonna waltz in here and say I want Riya Disventure Camp to make me into her bedroom buddy-cut to a Please Stand By message
Really though, I try not to thirst-post, just not my style

If I did though I'd definitely thirst-post about her cuz WHEW she's a baddie
1695866115005.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh ya, apparently they programmed a bunch of currently unobtainable moves into SV in the DLC that Metronome can pull from.

One is Darkest Lariat.

Brace yourselves VGC Babies

He's back

:ultincineroar:
Honestly though, with all the power creep in gen 9 I wonder how well Incineroar will do.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly though, with all the power creep in gen 9 I wonder how well Incineroar will do.
In VGC? Probably fine. Arcanine stuck around until Gen 7 despite being a Gen 1 Pokemon, and Incineroar has basically been an almost auto include for VGC in both Gen 7 and 8.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I won't lie but a TMNT fighting game by Neatherrealm Studios would be dope.

TMNT has more than enough characters to have a well-established roster especially if we bring all versions of the franchise together. Notably IDW Comics with Alopex, Koya, and Bludgeon.

April O' Neil
Armaggon
Baxter Stockman
Bebop
Bishop
Casey Jones
Donatello
Foot Elite
Fugitoid (Honeycutt)
Hamtaro Yoshi
Hun
Karai
King Komodo
Krang
Leatherhead
Leonardo
Michelangelo
Mondo Gecko
Old Hob
Rahzar
Raphael
Rat King
Rocksteady
Shredder
Slash
Splinter
Tokka
Triceraton
Usagi Yojimbo
Wingnut

Just some examples.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. First half of season 1 done. Gotta say, even though the first season had roughly the same number of episodes, it felt like the owl house went by faster. Like I was able to physically watch more in a day. Now the 11 minute segment structure means I feel like I’ve seen more stories, but I do feel like I should be… further along than I am.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh boy I cannot wait to get home from work on this fine day of September 28th to play the Goatnic Goatiers DLC! Surely I will not have to wait another day to start my new game plus playthrough that lets me tear the game in half with the spindash!

Kishimoto:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I won't lie but a TMNT fighting game by Neatherrealm Studios would be dope.

TMNT has more then enough characters to have a well-established roster especially if we bring all versions of the franchise together. Notably IDW Comics with Alopex, Koya and Bludgeon.

April O' Neil
Baxter Stockman
Casey Jones
Donatello
Karai
Krang
Old Hob
Leatherhead
Leonardo
Michelangelo
Mondo Gecko
Raphael
Shredder
Splinter
A tmnt fighting game would be dope. But by NRS… ngl I’ve lost my confidence in them as developers and mk1 has not restored it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just finished Fist of the north star lost paradise.

My takeaway from this game is that Sega should try this again someday, taking a very "Manly" franchise and making a Yakuza game out of it. I think this idea has potential.

What Game Developer would you recommend and what kind of gameplay? 2D-style fighting? 2.5D-style fighting? 3D-style fighting?
Get Arc system works to do it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ok but like… none of this is really “evidence”. Smaller games have dominated the switch’s release schedule for its entire lifespan. It’s one of the main things this puppet complains about. Now just because of the general ennui of people wanting an upgrade to the switch and the system’s age suddenly it’s evidence that the next one is coming next year when it could be 3 or more years away for all we know.
Oh boy I cannot wait to get home from work on this fine day of September 28th to play the Goatnic Goatiers DLC! Surely I will not have to wait another day to start my new game plus playthrough that lets me tear the game in half with the spindash!

Kishimoto:
I haven’t touched any of the games dlc. Has any of what’s come out been actually interesting?
What Game Developer would you recommend and what kind of gameplay? 2D-style fighting? 2.5D-style fighting? 3D-style fighting?
Iron Galaxy. A TMNT fighter that’s similar to the KI reboot has always tickled my fancy.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Iron Galaxy. A TMNT fighter that’s similar to the KI reboot has always tickled my fancy.
Ok, I'd totally be down for that. The 2013 Killer Instinct game is pretty dope after all.
Get Arc system works to do it.
I personally like Snake's suggestion more. Developers that did the 2013 Killer Instinct game.

An ArcSys Godzilla fighting game on the other hand is the way to go!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
ok but like… none of this is really “evidence”. Smaller games have dominated the switch’s release schedule for its entire lifespan. It’s one of the main things this puppet complains about. Now just because of the general ennui of people wanting an upgrade to the switch and the system’s age suddenly it’s evidence that the next one is coming next year when it could be 3 or more years away for all we know.
Good point...

But...

It's next year. Come on :nifty:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It doesn't have any significant gay in it does it?
The main girl is not a raging lesbian. So no, it doesn't meet your rigid requirements I'm afraid.

Some LGBT side characters though.
Potential spoilers( but it’s left to interpretation)
it’s sort of implied Anne and Marcy are into Sasha. Sasha also gives vibes of being into Anne by the end.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Potential spoilers( but it’s left to interpretation)
it’s sort of implied Anne and Marcy are into Sasha. Sasha also gives vibes of being into Anne by the end.
Amphibia spoilers:

Am I the only one who NEVER got the impression that Anne had a crush on either of her friends?

Marcy's a maybe. Sasha's the only one with any actual subtext, and even that's mostly reserved for later in the series, like you said.

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom