• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That explains the multiversus shenanigans

They also bought Limited Run Games

Daily Reminder that Corporate acquisitions and mergers are a net negative.
Well… this is an explanation. And gives me even less hope that characters from the series should be in the game they belong in. Hopefully WB still licenses it. Especially if they’re still getting other third party licenses. But probably not. **** this game.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I still don't know what Embracer group even is.

I know they are technically THQ Nordic but that still doesn't tell me anything. I just know them as the people who are trying to become a faceless corporate conglomerate.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I know they are technically THQ Nordic but that still doesn't tell me anything. I just know them as the people who are trying to become a faceless corporate conglomerate.
They also are the ones who bought all of Square’s western studios so they could have NFT money. It’s a pretty big media conglomerate but somehow nobody has ever heard of it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Well according to Wikipedia they're a game company that does... stuff. My guess? Buy as many AA and small AAA companies as possible and then they're a feicken bastion of gaming ips and a lot of companies are ginna have to go through them or something I don't ****ing know.

I have 0 idea on why Tolkien's stuff is there as well because that's literature but expect a new LoTR game I guess

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Things are looking pretty grim with these big corporations' actions...but
COMFORT CHARACTER.png

Caitlin is super proud of you, and she understands that some days, things are hard, but she believes in you and she knows you'll do great! Just keep trying.

You are Caitlin's hero!

(This message sponsored by Kirby, who would like to tell you the same thing, but he was sick today so Caitlin took over for him. Maybe he ate too much cake?)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, I don’t mind waiting but while I was about to check out by Doom Cart I looked at my profile and realized that Requiem was in January which is just bizarre to me to think it was that long ago.

Limited Run always has really quality physical copies. I usually try to get PS4, or Xbox now, versions since the cases are full size tho.
Same. A lot of complaints I see online I think are not particularly well thought or distract from larger issues I don't think are addressed enough.

I think the most impressed I've been was them bringing the Riki Famicom Trilogy overseas. The Collector Editions were the full package. They came with official soundtracks, newly translated interviews, PINs, and a Data Disk that includes official artwork and ROMs of each of the games to play on emulators.

I generally go for Switch titles but for certain games I'll go with the PS4 version. I've had to return two PS4 games however in the past year as they arrived damaged after being mailed using Bubble Mailers. Customer Service was very professional and prompt, but I've become much more wary of ordering single PS4 games from them as a result.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Warner Bros. Discovery stop making bad decisions challenge. (There are even more in the replies)

Yeah this is probably because of the HBO Max and Discovery+ merger (As discovery+ shows are disappearing too) but that was a pointless decision.

At least I hope it is just for the merger, but I can totally see them forgetting these shows ever existed because corporations are ghouls who only care about funds.
This is just terrible, especially considering some of these shows are exclusives to the streaming service. I was considering HBO Max to be one of the best streaming services too, but this throws a wrench in things.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Warner Bros. Discovery stop making bad decisions challenge. (There are even more in the replies)

Yeah this is probably because of the HBO Max and Discovery+ merger (As discovery+ shows are disappearing too) but that was a pointless decision.

At least I hope it is just for the merger, but I can totally see them forgetting these shows ever existed because corporations are ghouls who only care about funds.
Frick.

Infinity Train was a show I really wanted to watch but have been putting it off for too long. There goes my plans of actually watching it. Legally

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Tagging a few of you guys cause of something IRL.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge M MooMew64 osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Noipoi Noipoi Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy SneakyLink SneakyLink so most of you guys whom I'm close to. Just had one of the worst days of my adult life so I thought I'd share it in a funny meme format:

6qcd3y.jpg

Long story short I was brilliant at half the job but couldn't keep up at the other half.
Local office wanted me to stay but HQ in the US didn't.

Hahahahaha /s I've just experienced the first pain of losing a job.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge M MooMew64 osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Noipoi Noipoi Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy SneakyLink SneakyLink so most of you guys whom I'm close to. Just had one of the worst days of my adult life so I thought I'd share it in a funny meme format:

View attachment 358974

Long story short I was brilliant at half the job but couldn't keep up at the other half.

oof.png

Sucks dude

osby

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 358974

I'm sorry to hear that, man.

I hope things get better.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fairy race:

1660835193559.png

“I’m Fairy Knocker. Just so that you know, I hate whistling. So watch it.

Alignment: Neutral-Law

Origin: Welsh mythology. A subterranean spirit found in Cornish and Devon folklore. Knockers are small creatures with a small body, a large head, long arms, wrinkled skin, and white whiskers, wearing small miners’ clothes. They like to play pranks in mines such as stealing unattended tools but sometimes lead humans to rich tin veins or knock on the walls to warn them about impending collapses. Some say that knockers are ghosts of miners who died underground.

Skills: Rakukaja, Zanma, Puncture Punch

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Herald race.

These creatures’ Welsh name is coblynau, which went unused in MegaTen even though they are listed as being from Welsh folklore. I still went with knocker as people from different ancestries use this name. Even if this design for Knocker doesn’t reflect its connection to mining very well, I love how it’s about to knock on a wall, reflecting one of its signature traits.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Evolve the Starters GameFreak.
Too early.

October is the earliest they’d be shown, November if they’re feeling saucy.

Or they could pull a bum ass Sword and Shield and not show them before release at all.

I really wish I’d seen Inteleon for playing the game. Would’ve saved me so much pain…

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Too early.

Or they could pull a bum ass Sword and Shield and not show them before release at all.

I really wish I’d seen Inteleon for playing the game. Would’ve saved me so much pain…
You're talking as if the games won't be datamined two weeks before release anyway

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ash is indeed coming to Pokémon Masters as the main Anniversary unit:

Theme Seems to be Ash Vs Red and the other champions presumably. He’s also a master fair and this set up means Ash will probably get to interact with characters who he knows but don’t know him because he’s seemingly from a different universe all together in Masters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
MAYOR JOKER LETS ****ING GOOOO…Mayor Daddy Joker running Gotham just to get his kids into a class that they wanted is godly
CAPTAIN AMERICA FU-

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

View attachment 358974

Shame to hear that things didn't work out in the end but there are more opportunities out there.

Keep your head up, mate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Too early.

They could at least show the middle forms now and then show the final forms then. That would be nice.

Top Bottom