• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’d like to thank Smash for introducing me to (and getting into playing and loving) the overall Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Sonic, Persona, and Kingdom Hearts series

and also for getting me to like (even if I don’t play) Metroid, Kirby, Pokémon, and Animal Crossing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’d like to thank Smash for introducing me to (and getting into playing and loving) the overall Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Sonic, Persona, and Kingdom Hearts series
Melee straight up got me into like every Nintendo series that was represented in that game various extents besides Star Fox (Didn't like) and FE (I have yet to play)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Smash got me to try Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie, and KH.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idea. Mario Kart allowing you to apply one of the series power-ups to your characters before a race. Depending on which one it can either affect your stats in the same way picking a different kart can or it can give you access to a special "signature item" ala double dash. That way you don't have to devote character slots to characters as cats, tanookis, elephants, and in metal form.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Idea. Mario Kart allowing you to apply one of the series power-ups to your characters before a race. Depending on which one it can either affect your stats in the same way picking a different kart can or it can give you access to a special "signature item" ala double dash. That way you don't have to devote character slots to characters as cats, tanookis, elephants, and in metal form.
Does this mean that each character gets a new form visually or...?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem
Metal Gear
Pikmin
Xenoblade
Bayonetta
Persona
Dragon Quest
Kingdom Hearts

I owe it to Smash for introducing me to a lot of my favorite series tbh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Does this mean that each character gets a new form visually or...?
Well yeah. But remember how the fire and ice flower all are just color swaps, all the cat suits use the same model with different faces (except for meowser), the same is very much true of the elephant forms, and the metal forms are just a metal texture on the normal character model. Sure, it might get hairy for a few specific combinations. But it's workable.

And there's also the very Nintendo move of just not letting certain characters use certain power-ups.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Wario, Xenoblade, Sonic and later on, Fire Emblem. It also helped shape my opinion of Pokemon.

Melee was my first Smash game and at the time I had it, I only knew who Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Luigi and Pikachu were. I had a slightly lesser idea of who Mario, Peach and Bowser were since Luigi's Mansion was my first "Mario" game lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 378212

But that's the one they need to touch THE MOST
Nah, Sonics is way worse.

“For his neutral special, sonic has spin dash”

“For his up special, spin dash”

“for his side special, spin dash again!”

“For his down special, long Time Fans will really love this! You guesssed it! Spin dash again!”

“Here’s also some kicks and punches lol”

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
But that's the one they need to touch THE MOST
What changes do you have in mind? I think Mario could use some tweaks too, but honestly I think he's one of the vets that can change the least and I'd still be okay with it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh if they made changes it'd go to Luigi, he's always been the more experimental one in terms of moveset design.

Mario was always a Ryu type, basic combos, good frame date, fireball, shoryu, he had a tatsu before they gave him FLUDD and tbh they should add it back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Melee straight up got me into like every Nintendo series that was represented in that game various extents besides Star Fox (Didn't like) and FE (I have yet to play)
Smash got me to try Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie, and KH.
Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem
Metal Gear
Pikmin
Xenoblade
Bayonetta
Persona
Dragon Quest
Kingdom Hearts

I owe it to Smash for introducing me to a lot of my favorite series tbh.
Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Wario, Xenoblade, Sonic and later on, Fire Emblem. It also helped shape my opinion of Pokemon.

Melee was my first Smash game and at the time I had it, I only knew who Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Luigi and Pikachu were. I had a slightly lesser idea of who Mario, Peach and Bowser were since Luigi's Mansion was my first "Mario" game lol.
Smash really is the perfect way to promote other games to people

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
New layton theme
New layton theme
My husbands new theme
My husband-

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah, Sonics is way worse.

“For his neutral special, sonic has spin dash”

“For his up special, spin dash”

“for his side special, spin dash again!”

“For his down special, long Time Fans will really love this! You guesssed it! Spin dash again!”

“Here’s also some kicks and punches lol”
I'm gonna get to re-doing Sonic's moveset! TBH my project where I touch up/redo every characters moveset is being greatly hindered by the fact that I decided to do them in order.

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
Oh ya.

I know this game is a FAITHFUL REMAKE and all, but is there stuff like Mints and ****? Cause if I'm gonna do the battle tower, no way I'm gonna soft reset for hours for a Timid Latios.

Top Bottom