• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
FR tho

Maybe it's different where y'all are, but every year, Halloween gets less and less around here.

Barely anyone trick or treats anymore and stores start pushing out Christmas crap in SEPTEMBER while Halloween gets like, a single isle or corner.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
FR tho

Maybe it's different where y'all are, but every year, Halloween gets less and less around here.

Barely anyone trick or treats anymore and stores start pushing out Christmas crap in SEPTEMBER while Halloween gets like, a single isle or corner.
Are you talking about just stores or your neighborhood in general?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
FR tho

If your town is anything like Sedro-Woolley in the same state where my parents live, I get it. The town is almost built for Christmas :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Halloween used to be one of my favorite holidays when I was a kid. All you can eat candy and nobody says no? Sign me up.

Now I spend it scrolling through the social media posts of my peers going to these halloween parties and having fun while my ass is sitting on my bed. Which is cool cause I don't like parties but damn do I wish I had peeps to spend it with. Here's to hoping that changes soon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Stores in general. Target, Walmart, Safeway, it's all Christmas.
Oh, that's normal, honestly.

Aside from Spirit Halloween and Party City, most stores with holiday decor usually bring in the Halloween decor as early as August as the main focus, while bringing in the Thanksgiving/Fall decor and then the Christmas decor shortly thereafter in late September or mid-October. By then, there's usually only a small handful of Halloween decor left in standard retail or decoration stores.

Been that way with most local retail and home decor and crafts stores for years, honestly. I think it's just part of a marketing strategy to stay ahead of the game and sell stuff for upcoming holidays early. A lot of people like to have new decor ready in time for the beginning of the holiday months.

Shroob

Sup?
I used to like Christmas. But one thing lead to another and now I just kinda dread it for reasons I'd rather not get into.

Give me Halloween any day of the week. Scary movies, pizza, and channels I'm subbed to for horror-related content milking the month for what it's worth.
I want a padoru version of my avatar so badly.
Time to comission one.

Or do it yourself. The Padoru artstyle isn't that hard tbh. Hell, you could probably get Noi to draw one for you for like, idk 20 bucks?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Halloween used to be one of my favorite holidays when I was a kid. All you can eat candy and nobody says no? Sign me up.

Now I spend it scrolling through the social media posts of my peers going to these halloween parties and having fun while my ass is sitting on my bed. Which is cool cause I don't like parties but damn do I wish I had peeps to spend it with. Here's to hoping that changes soon.
As a kid I used to spend part of Halloween trick-or-treating and part of it helping my family pass out candy. I liked seeing other hosues and getting free candy but I also liked being part of the event at home and seeing people react to our decor. My family had some incredible and elaborate displays back in the day.

As I got into my adolescent years I gradually shifted towards just helping pass out candy and watching horror movies (either our favorite classics or brand new ones that we were looking forward to seeing) on the 31st. We haven't done the former in a while since COVID began, though.

Halloween is definitely one of those holidays that you end up celebrating differently as you grow up. Trick-or-treatings just something you do as a kid with your parents, or with your friends for those still trick-or-treating as teens or young adults.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Meanwhile Halloween barely exists in this country as nobody actually celebrates it and I heard a Christmas song in ****ing July lmao

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, now that I have access to Shining Pearl, I've kinda considered doing an all Ribbons challenge for the 3 games I own.

But idk what Pokemon would be a good fit since they'd probably need to be an Alpha Pokemon in Hisui, but also be competent enough to get through the Battle Tower, while also doing well in contests....

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ya know, now that I have access to Shining Pearl, I've kinda considered doing an all Ribbons challenge for the 3 games I own.

But idk what Pokemon would be a good fit since they'd probably need to be an Alpha Pokemon in Hisui, but also be competent enough to get through the Battle Tower, while also doing well in contests....
Gardevoir is a decently strong, versatile mon that would probably do well in contests. And we know there's an alpha Gardevoir.

Shroob

Sup?
Gardevoir is a decently strong, versatile mon that would probably do well in contests. And we know there's an alpha Gardevoir.
That's a possibility yeah. A lot of folks use Scizor for this, I was thinking Ursaring too since I like Ursaluna.

I think the biggest hurdle would be the Battle Tower Ribbon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am ****ing addicted to “It’s Going Down Now” and I wish the full song was out now instead of next year

Edit: whoops another evened out comment like ratio as of now until I jinx it
IMG_0108.jpeg

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seriously Pokémon company. Introduce a branch evolution for Shelder that looks like the thing on slowbro’s tail that you get by giving it a fake shelder tail. With an alternate form to Match slowking.

Shroob

Sup?
Seriously Pokémon company. Introduce a branch evolution for Shelder that looks like the thing on slowbro’s tail that you get by giving it a fake shelder tail. With an alternate form to Match slowking.
They were gonna do that in Gen 2, there's even sprites for it in the Spaceworld Demo.

They just, decided not to.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They were gonna do that in Gen 2, there's even sprites for it in the Spaceworld Demo.

They just, decided not to.
GameFreak needs to reuse more scrapped designs. We’ve seen them. We know how cool they all are.

I’m partial to the Chinese hopping vampire/panda Pokémon that evolves from a straw doll with a nail in it that the move curse was likely created for before getting scrapped.

Shroob

Sup?
GameFreak needs to reuse more scrapped designs. We’ve seen them. We know how cool they all are.

I’m partial to the Chinese hopping vampire/panda Pokémon that evolves from a straw doll with a nail in it that the move curse was likely created for before getting scrapped.
I think the reason they scrapped the Shelldar design is because they wrote themselves into a corner on that one.

There was already a lot of supplemental media like the anime and the trading cards which showed that the Shelldar changed alongside the Slowpoke upon evolution, and when it fell off, it reverted to its prior form.

So having it as a standalone Pokemon in its Bite of 87
1695443883442.png

Form would have gone against what they had already canonized.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the reason they scrapped the Shelldar design is because they wrote themselves into a corner on that one.

There was already a lot of supplemental media like the anime and the trading cards which showed that the Shelldar changed alongside the Slowpoke upon evolution, and when it fell off, it reverted to its prior form.

So having it as a standalone Pokemon in its Bite of 87
View attachment 378194

Form would have gone against what they had already canonized.
Which is why I came up with the artificial shelldar tail item to allow it to evolve.

There are ways. You just have to be creative.

Shroob

Sup?
What I find weird is how coy they're being around Hisui Pokemon and very carefully choosing what they say in regards to them.

Basulin/Legion is just native to Kitakami, but in fairness, we've never been to a Japanese region where Basculin was native to before aside from Hisui, and from its dex entries, it seems to migrate a lot so that can explain its absence.

Hisuian Growlithe is given to you in a sidequest and they bring attention to the horn, but not much else, it's just kinda a "Here's this Growlithe. It's cute huh?" Never really going deeper than that.

Ursaluna feels a lot more 'extinct', or at least very, very rare. Perrin says they used to be a lot more common awhile back.
And the one we see is very, VERY old.

Add onto this that Kleavor is datamined to be part of Indigo Disc and Perrin will also be there, it seems like we'll have another Ursaluna situation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Noipoi

Howdy!
What I find weird is how coy they're being around Hisui Pokemon and very carefully choosing what they say in regards to them.

Basulin/Legion is just native to Kitakami, but in fairness, we've never been to a Japanese region where Basculin was native to before aside from Hisui, and from its dex entries, it seems to migrate a lot so that can explain its absence.

Hisuian Growlithe is given to you in a sidequest and they bring attention to the horn, but not much else, it's just kinda a "Here's this Growlithe. It's cute huh?" Never really going deeper than that.

Ursaluna feels a lot more 'extinct', or at least very, very rare. Perrin says they used to be a lot more common awhile back.
And the one we see is very, VERY old.

Add onto this that Kleavor is datamined to be part of Indigo Disc and Perrin will also be there, it seems like we'll have another Ursaluna situation.
They're trying to squeeze all the Legends Arceus sales they can before next year drops Legends Victini & Knuckles: New Funky Mode!

Top Bottom