• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In the 80s, to get kids hooked on Space, they held a contest to send a teacher on the Challenger. It was originally gonna be Big Bird, but there was a myriad of issues, such as time constraints and how to fit Big Bird in a space suit. So they sent a teacher instead.

Well, the Challenger had hella issues, and needed some safety inspections, but time was out, so they launched it anyways.

It exploded shortly after liftoff, killing everyone on board. So in another timeline, instead of a teacher, Big Bird (and the actor within it) was killed. Regardless, this is a story abiut how much disaster could be prevented if it weren't for human/corporate greed
AE1BA1A2-78EB-4700-A292-1FE10E804D12.jpeg

Big Bird skipped his canon event and nothing has ever been right in the world since 1986

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Combine this with Sony having the rights to spiderman content over 40 minutes and their Amazon deal and this might actually be happening:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 374964

Hey-hey! After spending some more time with PMEX REMIX, I ended up making one of those "rosters" people like to make of the characters they play, such as with Ultimate. There's no dedicated creator like there is with Ultimate, but that was a blessing in disguise since it meant I got to make one of my own, hehe. Metal Mario and Giga Bowser's slots look different because they're L-load fighters in REMIX, and aren't designed with game balance in mind.
I will never understand why whoever made this game chose Elizabeth as the Fate character.

Like, Saber's the face of the franchise and a sword user.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I will never understand why whoever made this game chose Elizabeth as the Fate character.

Several of the newcomers are separate mods the PMEX devs got approval to add.

Shroob

Sup?
So lemme get this straight

The Waterwraith is back

The OG Giant Emperor Bulblax is back

The mother ****ing Smokey Progg is back

AND White/Purple Pikmin get an onion?

Hello, based department?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

The Waterwraith is back

Hello, based department?
me when I heard ****ing waterwraith and Prog Rock are back
SmartSelect_20230708_163435_Brave.jpg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

The Waterwraith is back

Hello, based department?
the logs gave me the impression Purples/Whites were rare again, nice to see they get onions. I assume the onions are very late or after you’ve basically beaten the game? I haven’t found them yet and purples seem to be like they were in Pikmin 2, or at least close. Idk if white’s poison is as strong as in Pikmin 2, I haven’t had any die and haven’t used them much.

Smoky Progg is gonna be very, very scary to fight if it’s like in the first game xD

I haven’t seen the Emperor Bulblax yet, and I’m at the house area now, so I guess there’s more after the house? Sounds exciting.

Also, Groovy Longlegs feels like a meme lol, it even has the MLG air horn.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm not avoiding Pikmin 4 spoilers and I'm starting to regret picking up TotK instead of waiting for it

Then again I want to play the first two games before I get to 4 and I like physical games so I'm waiting for the physical release of that

Shroob

Sup?
the logs gave me the impression Purples/Whites were rare again, nice to see they get onions. I assume the onions are very late or after you’ve basically beaten the game? I haven’t found them yet and purples seem to be like they were in Pikmin 2, or at least close. Idk if white’s poison is as strong as in Pikmin 2, I haven’t had any die and haven’t used them much.

Smoky Progg is gonna be very, very scary to fight if it’s like in the first game xD

I haven’t seen the Emperor Bulblax yet, and I’m at the house area now, so I guess there’s more after the house? Sounds exciting.

Also, Groovy Longlegs feels like a meme lol, it even has the MLG air horn.
Purple and White Onions seem to be rewards for a postgame challenge mode. Once you unlock them though, they function like all the other onions. Granted, you're in the postgame so it's less exciting than if you had gotten them in the main story.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm so glad enemies in Pikmin 4 don't respawn upon returning to locations.
For me, that actually makes the game less fun.

I'm kinda disappointed to hear this as having enemies respawn increases the challenge of the game while also serving as a good source of Pikmin seeds. Enemies (at least with a few exceptions, usually relating to bosses) has arguably been a staple feature of every game, so I'm not sure why they changed it for this one.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the way both teasers aged (both for better and for worse)

Shroob

Sup?
ok, i never fought Water roller but I know he is scary.
How do I beat him, idk how and Im scared
Short answer: You don't, at least not until the last floor. On the first few floors, you run like hell when it shows up. On the last floor, you convert your Blue Pikmin into Purples via Candypop buds and chuck them at it, shattering its rollers. Once its rollers break, it just runs around harmlessly and you keep chucking purples at it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With WayForward un-cancelling Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution, I want to know if they consider the game to be Shantae 6 or Shantae 1½?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Short answer: You don't, at least not until the last floor. On the first few floors, you run like hell when it shows up. On the last floor, you convert your Blue Pikmin into Purples via Candypop buds and chuck them at it, shattering its rollers. Once its rollers break, it just runs around harmlessly and you keep chucking purples at it.
Yeah, my friend Praline just told me

This is gonna be a wild ride with a lot of time rewinding

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_9054.jpeg

the upcoming setup for the Cartoon Network channel
  • 13 hours of Adult Swim + Toonami (with the first hour being decicated to Checkered Past, all about past CN shows)
  • 90 minutes of Cartoonito every weekday
  • ACME Night being a movie night held on Sundays (as usual)
  • then there’s the poor main programming of Cartoon Network itself…hanging in there through mostly reruns since they won’t have too many new shows dropping on it

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Fair enough, though Elizabeth is way more fun to play as than Saber would likely be. There's also the fact that the REMIX team will accept basically any well-made mod provided it's of a video game character. So if somebody wants a character badly enough to learn how to make them themselves, REMIX'll take it, provided permission is given. Whenever I'm less busy with non-Smash projects I kind of want to try doing just that with Madotsuki...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's also the fact that the REMIX team will accept basically any well-made mod provided it's of a video game character.
Yeah I figured their rules for other people's custom characters were basically:

1. Had to be made with PM in mind
2. Had to be well-made
3. Had to be a video game character

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Yeah I figured their rules for other people's custom characters were basically:

1. Had to be made with PM in mind
2. Had to be well-made
3. Had to be a video game character
The latter two rules are correct, though the first isn't entirely true? REMIX does balancing in-house so as long as what you've made can be made to work with a bit of tuning and you're okay with them doing said tuning, it should be fine.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The latter two rules are correct, though the first isn't entirely true? REMIX does balancing in-house so as long as what you've made can be made to work with a bit of tuning and you're okay with them doing said tuning, it should be fine.
I should've thought about that when it features a bunch of SSBU ports that I think are only available as part of the mod. If they can PM-ify Sakurai's movesets then other people's should be possible too.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I should've thought about that when it features a bunch of SSBU ports that I think are only available as part of the mod. If they can PM-ify Sakurai's movesets then other people's should be possible too.
Speaking of SSBU ports, still adjusting to the lack of auto-turnaround on my boy Kazuya. His turning feels pretty janky too, gotta really fight the controls to get him to turn around at the moment. Though I might not just not have fully adjusted yet.

Last edited:

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
View attachment 374998
the upcoming setup for the Cartoon Network channel
  • 13 hours of Adult Swim + Toonami (with the first hour being decicated to Checkered Past, all about past CN shows)
  • 90 minutes of Cartoonito every weekday
  • ACME Night being a movie night held on Sundays (as usual)
  • then there’s the poor main programming of Cartoon Network itself…hanging in there through mostly reruns since they won’t have too many new shows dropping on it
It's nice to see a return to there being various blocks with their own distinct brands, like you said I just wish CN had more going on. (RIP Mao Mao and Infinity Train in particular, the latter of which I've been watching from a library DVD)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More