• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fun Fact for the morning: in the vast majority of America, it is illegal to pay to use the bathroom. Thanks to feminist lobbying, as toilets were paywalled and urinals were not, "pay toilets" were abolished in 1970 and were pretty much gone nationwide by 1980. There isn't a federal law in place, but state and city laws have bans which are very widespread throughout the country. In fact, it can help to learn the laws, if a resturaunt or store tells you that you have to buy something to use the bathroom, that's more than likely not true and violates the law. In addition, several states require all retail to have a bathroom no matter what.

Tough luck if you live in Europe though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I will admit that Carol is kinda...
kinda what
IMG_8795.jpeg

Jondolio

Smash Hero

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DC I’m starting to wonder things about y’all

Jondolio

Smash Hero
DC I’m starting to wonder things about y’all
Nah, this is showing that the people in charge care about the important things cause this is actually canon

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nah, this is showing that the people in charge care about the important things cause this is actually canon
true with the canon, but they be disrespecting Bruce when it comes to the naughty stuff they’re interested in

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was able to secure the Pyra/Mythra Amiibo bundle. I placed an order early this morning with Best Buy, but saw it wouldn't be ready for pick up until next week. Fortunately I saw my local Gamestop had gotten 3 in, less than 30 minutes before they opened, so I was able order for pick up.

Mythra looks like she was modeled better, as Pyra's left hand only looks like she has 4 fingers when looked at from most angles, but has the more noticeable paint blemishes due to the white paint. Both are very solid overall for how complex they are. They definitely benefitted from being a late era Amiibo compared to the Fire Emblem cast.

Hopefully Sora gets announced soon, as my Dad and I have been hoping to build a display/case stand for a couple years now. Take my money already Disney/Nintendo!

:ultpyra::ultmythra:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ideas that come to Snake in the night

IDW is doing TMNT comics based specifically off the 87 series. What if they pulled some licensing strings for one of those famous IDW crossovers and did an event story based on Battle Nexus, where characters from multiple universes fight in a tournament. Which the 87 continuity has not had a version of. But the other teams are all famous "TMNT Ripoffs". Like Street Sharks and Biker Mice from Mars.
Re-posting this but tagging TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 and Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester because they're TMNT fans.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I saw Oppenheimer today. A bit longer and more convoluted than I'd like it to be but I was pretty engrossed in the story by the end of it.

And now that we got that out of the way, me and my mother are going to see the film of the year next week #BarbieSweep

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hello yes I also love TMNT

Throw in the Cowboys of Moomesa and the Kung Fu Dino-Posse, and we're golden.
Usagi Yojimbo would probably also be there because of history.

Also the only thing I ever heard about Kung Fu Dino Posse was Mr. Enter's review of an episode and that made me not think highly of the show. But considering I no longer respect that man or his opinions....

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Usagi Yojimbo would probably also be there because of history.

Also the only thing I ever heard about Kung Fu Dino Posse was Mr. Enter's review of an episode and that made me not think highly of the show. But considering I no longer respect that man or his opinions....
It wasn't very good, an obvious rip on Ninja Turtles 15 years after that trend had ended. But it was also inoffensive. Nothing to get upset about.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fun Fact for the morning: in the vast majority of America, it is illegal to pay to use the bathroom. Thanks to feminist lobbying, as toilets were paywalled and urinals were not, "pay toilets" were abolished in 1970 and were pretty much gone nationwide by 1980. There isn't a federal law in place, but state and city laws have bans which are very widespread throughout the country. In fact, it can help to learn the laws, if a resturaunt or store tells you that you have to buy something to use the bathroom, that's more than likely not true and violates the law. In addition, several states require all retail to have a bathroom no matter what.

Tough luck if you live in Europe though
Now tell us about how in a parallel universe Big Bird from Sesame Street canonically dies in the Challenger explosion tragedy!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now tell us about how in a parallel universe Big Bird from Sesame Street canonically dies in the Challenger explosion tragedy!
In the 80s, to get kids hooked on Space, they held a contest to send a teacher on the Challenger. It was originally gonna be Big Bird, but there was a myriad of issues, such as time constraints and how to fit Big Bird in a space suit. So they sent a teacher instead.

Well, the Challenger had hella issues, and needed some safety inspections, but time was out, so they launched it anyways.

It exploded shortly after liftoff, killing everyone on board. So in another timeline, instead of a teacher, Big Bird (and the actor within it) was killed. Regardless, this is a story abiut how much disaster could be prevented if it weren't for human/corporate greed

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
1689975537687.png

Hey-hey! After spending some more time with PMEX REMIX, I ended up making one of those "rosters" people like to make of the characters they play, such as with Ultimate. There's no dedicated creator like there is with Ultimate, but that was a blessing in disguise since it meant I got to make one of my own, hehe. Metal Mario and Giga Bowser's slots look different because they're L-load fighters in REMIX, and aren't designed with game balance in mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom