• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In comparison to rock songs w lyrics, rap/hip-hop songs made for games are so unbelievably corny to downright awful. I genuinelly wonder why that's the case but Knuckles's SA2 raps are carrying the whole Rap VGM because I legit can not think of a couple of songs that actually sound good.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In comparison to rock songs w lyrics, rap/hip-hop songs made for games are so unbelievably corny to downright awful. I genuinelly wonder why that's the case but Knuckles's SA2 raps are carrying the whole Rap VGM because I legit can not think of a couple of songs that actually sound good.
I mean I’m fond of this one

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ll be cheating by throwing in a lot of Persona songs done by Lotus Juice…and also the DK Rap…oh and Shredder’s Wu Tang Clan song

D

Deleted member

So, I am kinda here without nothing to do, so I decided to do something which may or may not interest people on the thread as It is related to a theme usually talked about here...

There are some movies which I consider to be both really good movies and at the same time very genuine and closely tied to the comics they are based on.

Now here's the thing: I feel we all know which movie/s are gonna be on the number 1 spot, so this time I am putting a twist to it: I'm gonna go first with what I consider the best comic book adaptations in movie form ever, and go from there to the number 5 spot. That way It will be more interesting at least the way I see It.

Only one rule: movies only. So sadly stuff such as My Adventures With Superman or Netflix Daredevil can't be included as they are TV shows.

With that said, let's start with...
This is a shared spot between two really good movies of almost equal quality:
Spider-Man_Into_the_Spider-Verse_poster_003.jpg
MV5BMzI0NmVkMjEtYmY4MS00ZDMxLTlkZmEtMzU4MDQxYTMzMjU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ0MzA0NTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

What can I say which hasn't been said before? These movies completely understand what makes Spider-Man great in people's eyes, have put Miles Morales at an all-time high and as a fan-favourite, the music is powerful and amazing and then there's the elephant in the room which is the outstanding animation.

Legit, I think everyone else has already said why these two movies are awesome, so there's not much else I can bring to the table.
MV5BYTRiMWM3MGItNjAxZC00M2E3LThhODgtM2QwOGNmZGU4OWZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

Another one which has been acclaimed to no end and for all the right reasons: outstanding animation for the time, really well-written characters, interesting plot-twists, the breathtaking OST by Shirley Walker and one of the best versions of the character of Batman we have got in all sorts of media.

A cult classic which is a must watch.
superman-poster.jpg

Is It weird to say that each time I watch this movie I get really close to crying? There's something really pure and powerful about this movie, which makes It stand out a lot for me.

Sure, Lex Luthor may not be close at all to his comics counterpart... But everything else in the movie makes It so worth It.

The John Williams score, the amazing special effects, the incredible performance by Christopher Reeves, freaking Marlo Brandon as Jor-El, the relationship between Lois and Kal-El... It all reeks of Silver Age comic books in their purest and most outstanding prime.

A timeless classic for years to come.
Now we are getting to the interesting stuff:
Astaerix_y_las_12_pruebas-839493570-large.jpg

The Astérix comics are some of the most fun printable media we have ever gotten from Europe, and It only makes sense It would get tons of movies.

I was originally going to just include most of the movies based on It because they are almost all of great quality... But imo the first movie is where its at.

Charming characters, really accurate depictions of scenes and topics from the original comics, hilarious scenes such as this one:
And overall, a really solid package which isn't afraid of taking all from these classic characters. It is also a good movie to watch with younger family members, even today. A solid reccomendation for all ages.
71oASSfGg0L.jpg
810SlMj1+eL.jpg
(also Guardians Of The Galaxy 1, Spielberg's Tintin and the 90s TMNT Live Action movie which I couldn't get high quality images of their posters).
These four movies imo, are really solid and competente adaptations of various many iconic characters.

Spider-Man 1 imo is the definitive origin comic book movie, Black Panther handles all the elements which made the comic interesting and powerful really well alongside an awesome musical score, Spielberg's Tintin also is a dope reimagining of the classic European character, GotG1 is a very awesome reimagining of an obscure team which serves as the definitive version of these characters and the 90s TMNT movie is a perfect mix of the dark comic book stories and the colourful and wacky 80s cartoon we all know and love.

Easily must watch movies imo.
mortadelo_y_filemon_contra_jimmy_el_cachondo-251625495-large.jpg

Ok, so stick with me on this one.

Mortadelo & Filemón are some of the most iconic comic book creations from Spain. Their comics contain crude humour, modern society commentary, some of the craziest and most surreal scenes ever depicted in any comic book and overall they are a crazy, hilarious and an enjoyable ride debatably for all ages.

This movie, Mortadelo & Filemón Contra Jimmy El Cachondo, despite being a 3D animated movie, manages to stay as close to the source material as humanly possible and brings these iconic comic book characters to the third dimension in a way which blew people's minds in Spain.

The humour stays intact from the comics, the characters are all as we all remember them, the gags work extremely well and overall It is a crazy-ass ride which I am completely in for anytime I feel like It.

Not sure if I would reccomend this movie to ya'll as It does rely at times on stuff mostly relevant in Spain... But as a comic book adaptation It is just cheff kiss flawless on that regard.
So yeah, that was the list, hopefully ya'll found It interesting :)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm really liking the Gotchard suit.

Although I am a bit disappointed that the rumor of the main character being a girl was wrong.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, I am kinda here without nothing to do, so I decided to do something which may or may not interest people on the thread as It is related to a theme usually talked about here...

There are some movies which I consider to be both really good movies and at the same time very genuine and closely tied to the comics they are based on.

Now here's the thing: I feel we all know which movie/s are gonna be on the number 1 spot, so this time I am putting a twist to it: I'm gonna go first with what I consider the best comic book adaptations in movie form ever, and go from there to the number 5 spot. That way It will be more interesting at least the way I see It.

Only one rule: movies only. So sadly stuff such as My Adventures With Superman or Netflix Daredevil can't be included as they are TV shows.

With that said, let's start with...
This is a shared spot between two really good movies of almost equal quality:
View attachment 374931View attachment 374932
What can I say which hasn't been said before? These movies completely understand what makes Spider-Man great in people's eyes, have put Miles Morales at an all-time high and as a fan-favourite, the music is powerful and amazing and then there's the elephant in the room which is the outstanding animation.

Legit, I think everyone else has already said why these two movies are awesome, so there's not much else I can bring to the table.
View attachment 374933
Another one which has been acclaimed to no end and for all the right reasons: outstanding animation for the time, really well-written characters, interesting plot-twists, the breathtaking OST by Shirley Walker and one of the best versions of the character of Batman we have got in all sorts of media.

A cult classic which is a must watch.
View attachment 374934
Is It weird to say that each time I watch this movie I get really close to crying? There's something really pure and powerful about this movie, which makes It stand out a lot for me.

Sure, Lex Luthor may not be close at all to his comics counterpart... But everything else in the movie makes It so worth It.

The John Williams score, the amazing special effects, the incredible performance by Christopher Reeves, freaking Marlo Brandon as Jor-El, the relationship between Lois and Kal-El... It all reeks of Silver Age comic books in their purest and most outstanding prime.

A timeless classic for years to come.
Now we are getting to the interesting stuff:
View attachment 374935
The Astérix comics are some of the most fun printable media we have ever gotten from Europe, and It only makes sense It would get tons of movies.

I was originally going to just include most of the movies based on It because they are almost all of great quality... But imo the first movie is where its at.

Charming characters, really accurate depictions of scenes and topics from the original comics, hilarious scenes such as this one:
And overall, a really solid package which isn't afraid of taking all from these classic characters. It is also a good movie to watch with younger family members, even today. A solid reccomendation for all ages.
View attachment 374936View attachment 374937(also Guardians Of The Galaxy 1, Spielberg's Tintin and the 90s TMNT Live Action movie which I couldn't get high quality images of their posters).
These four movies imo, are really solid and competente adaptations of various many iconic characters.

Spider-Man 1 imo is the definitive origin comic book movie, Black Panther handles all the elements which made the comic interesting and powerful really well alongside an awesome musical score, Spielberg's Tintin also is a dope reimagining of the classic European character, GotG1 is a very awesome reimagining of an obscure team which serves as the definitive version of these characters and the 90s TMNT movie is a perfect mix of the dark comic book stories and the colourful and wacky 80s cartoon we all know and love.

Easily must watch movies imo.
View attachment 374938
Ok, so stick with me on this one.

Mortadelo & Filemón are some of the most iconic comic book creations from Spain. Their comics contain crude humour, modern society commentary, some of the craziest and most surreal scenes ever depicted in any comic book and overall they are a crazy, hilarious and an enjoyable ride debatably for all ages.

This movie, Mortadelo & Filemón Contra Jimmy El Cachondo, despite being a 3D animated movie, manages to stay as close to the source material as humanly possible and brings these iconic comic book characters to the third dimension in a way which blew people's minds in Spain.

The humour stays intact from the comics, the characters are all as we all remember them, the gags work extremely well and overall It is a crazy-ass ride which I am completely in for anytime I feel like It.

Not sure if I would reccomend this movie to ya'll as It does rely at times on stuff mostly relevant in Spain... But as a comic book adaptation It is just cheff kiss flawless on that regard.
So yeah, that was the list, hopefully ya'll found It interesting :)

4 and 5 I’ve never heard of before, but obviously you’re of class due to the top spot

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Bug/Dragon is a type combination that I am genuinely flabbergasted by the continued lack of. Ice/Poison? Fair enough, I could see that being tricky. But, uh... DRAGONFLIES LITERALLY EXIST. We literally have real-life bugs with "dragon" in their names.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Me looking for the guy who made Slither Wing bug/fighting instead of bug/dragon

I literally just found out that Slither Wing was part Fighting today.

...yes, I haven't played SV still. At least I know all the future Paradoxes aren't part Steel.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Happy Shin Barminheimer to those who celebrate
20230712_094401.jpg

So we have:
A Pokemon app where you have to go outside
A Pokemon app that tells you to brush your teeth
A Pokemon app that tells you to sleep

What's next?
An app that warns of stranger danger because hoo boy does the internet climate need it at this point

osby

Smash Obsessed
So we have:
A Pokemon app where you have to go outside
A Pokemon app that tells you to brush your teeth
A Pokemon app that tells you to sleep

What's next?
An app that teaches Pokemon fans how to read.

You know, playing FusionFall has made me realize, a Final Fantasy MMO with characters and locations from all across the mainline FF series would be amazing.
So... the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ideas that come to Snake in the night

IDW is doing TMNT comics based specifically off the 87 series. What if they pulled some licensing strings for one of those famous IDW crossovers and did an event story based on Battle Nexus, where characters from multiple universes fight in a tournament. Which the 87 continuity has not had a version of. But the other teams are all famous "TMNT Ripoffs". Like Street Sharks and Biker Mice from Mars.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
inb4 Fury dies in Secret Invasion and is replaced with a Skrull…or even better…they use the Tahiti stuff from AoS to explain why Nick is in here

also Kamala Supremacy

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
An app that teaches Pokemon fans how to read.

So... the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?
But the npcs are Cloud and Squall etc

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
still weird how Marvel is gonna have Kamala be both a mutant and an inhuman while also deporting most of the X-Men or something

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I find it hilarious that for the next story arc of the Pokémon Adventures/PokeSpe manga that the authors are going with an original design instead of the default game designs for the first time.

They definitely defied expectations. I guess the protag is wearing a crown and a cape!? lol

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't get out of bed

I find it hilarious that for the next story arc of the Pokémon Adventures/PokeSpe manga that the authors are going with an original design instead of the default game designs for the first time.

They definitely defied expectations. I guess the protag is wearing a crown and a cape!? lol
If this is still gonna be following the story of the games then I'm pretty excited, Scarlet and Violet's story fits the tone of the manga pretty well

literally yes to all of Kamala
I gave no interest in this movie but I will admit that Carol is kinda...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If this is still gonna be following the story of the games then I'm pretty excited, Scarlet and Violet's story fits the tone of the manga pretty well
The manga usually follows the games more closely than even the anime, but we'll probably have to see in this case. It doesn't start until next month.

Since they're wearing a crown, I could see them play up the Treasure Hunt/Hidden Treasures of Area Zero DLC/Treasures of Ruin quartet aspect. Having one protag go with Arven for the Path of Legends story, the other with Nemona for Victory Road, and throwing in Team Star to cause trouble would make a lot of sense IMO. They did something similar for the RS story arc, so it would make sense to revisit that type of story structure.

It would be fun for there to be another battle-happy female protag (paired with Koraidon) like Sapphire interact with Nemona.

Last edited:
Top Bottom