• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just realized that the use of AI in Secret Invasion fresh off the heels of Guardians 3 is such an amazing metaphor for the death of human storytelling in the MCU

After one of the most human and compelling story in the entire MCU that signifies the end of an era in both the franchise and James Gunn's career, we get an opening made by a literal robot, that's some truly poetic ****

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Saw John Wick 4 last night and it's literally everything I look for in an action movie. Absolutely top notch ****

The ending was already spoiled for me through a member of this forum but I still thought it was great.
Curious how they'll continue making movies with the title character dead, although I'd rather they just let it end here since it was a perfect conclusion IMO.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can't wait for people to write this off because of multiverse fatigue
already happened the moment they said it (which is funny since the quick multiverse storyline is important to traumatize Mark a good bit…which is traditional for the poor guy)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
already happened the moment they said it (which is funny since the quick multiverse storyline is important to traumatize Mark a good bit…which is traditional for the poor guy)
I've read a bit of the comics so I kinda know what to expect. I hope they adapt the part where Mark gets betrothed to a fish through a technicality and has to wingman the vizier of Atlantis to get out of it

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
wish they adapt the Spider-Man crossover
That can't work since they're owned by two different companies.
wish they adapt the Spider-Man crossover
So they're just gonna ignore Mark becoming earth's new protector? Being forced in an arranged marriage with a fish woman? Going to Thraxa to reunite with his dad and meeting his newborn half-brother???

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wouldn't be surprised if the multiverse concept is the next big thing for cinema after superheroes.

And here I thought maybe it would had been space operas as seen with Star Wars, Guardians and Dune.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't be surprised if the multiverse concept is the next big thing for cinema after superheroes.

And here I thought maybe it would had been space operas as seen with Star Wars, Guardians and Dune.
The way I see it, the multiverse is just a new popular sci-fi idea rather than something related to blockbuster movies. It's like how alien planets and time travels got really big when they were first popularized in pop culture, it's a really useful and versatile narrative tool that was previously underused so it has a lot of possibilities.

Superheroes or space operas, on the other hand, are around for decades - the latter's movie success is nothing new at all, either.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've read a bit of the comics so I kinda know what to expect. I hope they adapt the part where Mark gets betrothed to a fish through a technicality and has to wingman the vizier of Atlantis to get out of it
That will be fun. Also, I hope they redeem Amber (with that or they skip her abuse story…I feel like a lot of people would celebrate that out of hatred)

So they're just gonna ignore Mark becoming earth's new protector? Being forced in an arranged marriage with a fish woman? Going to Thraxa to reunite with his dad and meeting his newborn half-brother???
let a man have thwippy dreams, also all of that will go down after the extra trauma…especially the somehow well done thing that I will not mention
Exactly.

For example, there's an alternate universe where I touch grass.
I’m from the grass touching universe…trust me when I say you’ve lived in the better universe

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, Micke was specifically talking about cinema but even then, I don't think multiverses are that common - I think perceptual selectivity is in effect because Spiderverse is that fresh in everyone's minds.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Videogames did the multiverse before it was cool.

Man, my parents don't know the meaning of "giving someone a heads up".

They're like "Oh, you have some free time today? Yes? Good, now check out this university's postgraduate programs, decide on one, write an entire letter of intention, and a CV, find two references, and finish your application. It should be done before dinner."
Thats just all parents

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It was literally in the comics bro

His nemesis is intrinsically tied to the multiverse. It's part of his shtick

Tbf, Micke was specifically talking about cinema but even then, I don't think multiverses are that common - I think perceptual selectivity is in effect because Spiderverse is that fresh in everyone's minds.
I actually disagree. Spider-Verse is not even the only one to do that this month since The Flash is out and everyone is taking the piss out of its use of the multiverse.

Aside from these two there's No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness, Loki, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Rick and Morty, Ant-Man Quantumania, the list goes on.

I can see why people are getting sick of the multiverse as a storytelling device since some of the examples I've mentioned used it pretty badly but I don't agree with dismissing it entirely, seeing as there are multiple examples of it being done well like Spider-Verse and Everything Everywhere.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

SPOILERS
Can you for once use a ****ing spoiler tag?

Every ****ing time you come in here spoiling movies, comics, whatever else.

Use the god damn tags next time.

Also you apparently didn’t even read all of the source material because apparently they are still adapting the comics.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I’ve never seen people get so sick of something so fast as they have with the multiverse concept. Honestly it’s strange because it’s been around for decades, closer to a century than I think we’re all comfortable with, and all it took was a handful of movies and games doing it back to back fir people to get tired of it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve never seen people get so sick of something so fast as they have with the multiverse concept. Honestly it’s strange because it’s been around for decades, closer to a century than I think we’re all comfortable with, and all it took was a handful of movies and games doing it back to back fir people to get tired of it.
I think it's being coupled in with the general superhero fatigue that's slowly starting to spread, seeing as how that's the new hotness for all those movies.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think superhero films are going anywhere any time soon. But still.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think there are two reasons for this

First, it didn't really hit the mainstream before too long ago. Like yeah it existed in comics, games, and TV shows but those are relatively niche compared to big budget Hollywood films.

Second reason? The MCU. Same reason why people are "tired of superheroes" - Marvel has been reliant on the concept lately but they haven't been using it consistently so audiences think they're fatigued by it even though the problem is with how it executes the Multiverse rather than the concept itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom