• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
GODDAMMIT GOD ****IN DAMMIT THE ONE SERVICE THAT REFUSES TO WORK FOR ME

Damned Gwen, a girl denied her bug man. For real though I hope some of you check it out, after all the superhero fatigue posts it'd be weird to not watch the standalone one that doesn't try hyping up the next installment

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’ve never seen people get so sick of something so fast as they have with the multiverse concept. Honestly it’s strange because it’s been around for decades, closer to a century than I think we’re all comfortable with, and all it took was a handful of movies and games doing it back to back fir people to get tired of it.
The issue is that everyone is jumping on it and yet nobody can write a good multiverse story, combine that with the superhero fatigue and people will get tired before it even picks up

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Out of all the educational Mario games, the NES version of Mario's Time Machine plays the closest to a mainline 2D Mario platformer.

At a bare minimum but still.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Why are water type Pokémon so boring

It feels like unless the water starter is cool water types just refuse to be interesting
I blame that partially on Gamefreak's weird reluctance on basing multiple pokemon off the same type of animal, even if the species still has a lot of untapped potential.

Take sharks for example. Aside from Sharpedo (and the Gible line to an extent), I find it weird that we have no other cool shark-themed pokemon. Where are my hammerheads, tiger sharks, whale sharks, sawfish, and helicoprions Gamefreak?

I also feel like most water types are treated as fodder by the games, so the designs usually don't look too cool aside from the starters and a few exceptions such as legendaries, "secret" evolutions (Milotic and Gyrados), and certain three-stage evolutions. A shame because marine life is really interesting and has a ton of pokemon potential.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I just beat AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES Nirvana Initiative.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This early draft looked a lot of fun:

Did not expect the cutaway or those cameos. Would have loved this in the actual film.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There are two things I plan to finish before Super Mario Bros. Wonder drops:
  • Super Mario Bros. Special
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (e-Reader levels)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People want to see Luigi more involved in the Mario RPG remake. Especially since he was seemingly playable early on.

It be neat to see this. I’d be down for him being a secret party member.

Maybe they do a joke like Thousand Year OldDoor where he’s doing his own thing, until you do a quest to recruit him.

A funny joke would be if throughly the game we hear he talking about enemies he faced and beat by sheer luck, and they all are just insane bosses from Square Enix games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
People want to see Luigi more involved in the Mario RPG remake. Especially since he was seemingly playable early on.

It be neat to see this. I’d be down for him being a secret party member.

Maybe they do a joke like Thousand Year OldDoor where he’s doing his own thing, until you do a quest to recruit him.

A funny joke would be if throughly the game we hear he talking about enemies he faced and beat by sheer luck, and they all are just insane bosses from Square Enix games.
I have a feeling the game will receive new content to extend it and I can see him getting more limelight somehow.

Also worth noting that Luigi that he was your guide in the original game's US instruction manual, lol.

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just learned that if Spider-Man and Batman swapped their villains gallery with one another, their superhero lives could be a lot easier

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I may be a broke ass ***** because while I know $70 is only 10 bucks more than what I'm usually used to paying for games, my ass went straight to online to see if I can get that for $60.

And it still almost costed $70 with the shipping and taxes and I still went "yeah, that's a good deal"

Noipoi

Howdy!
The rooster's song from Disney's Robin Hood is a slowed-down version of the Hamster Dance.

Just thought you should know that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a feeling the game will receive new content to extend it and I can see him getting more limelight somehow.

Also worth noting that Luigi that he was your guide in the original game's US instruction manual, lol.
Yeah, and he only appears in the credits in game. Which is weird but kinda funny. They hype him up, only for him to not even show up lol.

it be neat to still things come full circle.

Also they should throw in a wario and waluigi cameo at Booster’s wedding.

Top Bottom