• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, while base game was insanity, I didn't mind the FP1 speculation period. It was fast since all the characters came quickly, relatively speaking.

It was FP2 that felt like an eternity since it was dragged out almost 2 years.
Shoutouts to COVID, made people go feral when we waited half a year for the next character and the reveal was Busty Wendys and ***** McGuire.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The Pokémon Masters Devs are honestly some of the best mobile developers out there:
Darn, i thought Pokemon Masters was shutting down it's servers. My boy Arven needs to wait.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've heard three SNES games being argued over which one is getting the remake the rumor is talking about:
  • Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
  • Chrono Trigger
I still feel it's Mario though
I’m betting all 3 are real, but the only one for sure to be there will be Mario rpg.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Legit though, Smash DLC speculation was insane. We had people legit arguing that Dragon Quest and Fatal Fury were some niche obscure franchises that shouldn't be in, Steve somehow didn't have credentials to get in, Sephiroth was a "literal who", Tekken was both obscure and it's character was a literal who, and Sora had no reason to go over Geno.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The diehard Mario RPG stans have been reawakened

Hope you guys are ready for them to start rioting when it's an FE remake :4wario2:
Plot twist: the new Fire Emblem remake will have Mario characters warped in time, forcing them to be involved without their powers. If any of them are killed, instant game over

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've tried cutting soda so many times but I just...can't. It's the little pleasure that makes the daily grind bearable and gets me through the day.

It's easier for me to moderate my intake then to cut it completely. And I struggle even doing that...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I've tried cutting soda so many times but I just...can't. It's the little pleasure that makes the daily grind bearable and gets me through the day.

It's easier for me to moderate my intake then to cut it completely. And I struggle even doing that...
I'm trying to minimize to 1/2 per day since the sugar intake is making my weight gain

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I never really was much of an avid Vinesauce watcher, but I really loved the Plug and Plague series.

Side note: I can't be the only one who thought VSauce and Vinesauce were the same person, right?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I'm thankful that I can't stand the texture of carbonation, because without it I would absolutely be addicted to soda. I have terrible impulse control when it comes to food, I can only imagine how unhealthy I would be if I drank anything other than water.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if this happens after the rumoured Mario RPG remake gets revealed?

Hahaha, just kidding....
Unless?
I know this is a joke, but I fully believe that if the remake is real and sells, Genos a lock for smash 6. Especially because they probably won’t afford to get Sora back lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ve really wanted a Super Mario RPG remake in the style of FF7R for a long time now. If they announce a Mario RPG remake tomorrow, it will probably not be that. And it means that idea is probably way less likely to happen. But I’m still gonna dream.

On a similar but related note, that Adventures of Dai game looks really good.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’ve really wanted a Super Mario RPG remake in the style of FF7R for a long time now. If they announce a Mario RPG remake tomorrow, it will probably not be that. And it means that idea is probably way less likely to happen. But I’m still gonna dream.

On a similar but related note, that Adventures of Dai game looks really good.
What do you think party members would play like in such a game? I have a hard time imagining some of them in an action RPG.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What do you think party members would play like in such a game? I have a hard time imagining some of them in an action RPG.
I’ve thought a lot about this. Each character would have three different weapon types (reflective of the base game) that would change their combos and attacks. However, some weapons would be changed from the original to streamline the system. Special abilities would work using a version of 7R’s ATB bar so that’s how you’ed use Mario’s fireballs or Peach’s healing

Koopa shells would now be an item that any character could use, so Mario’s three weapon types are gloves/fists, hammers, and the wing cap based around throwing and spinning his hat.

Mallow has his stretchy plastic man fists, his cymbals, and his staff. The staff combos would involve a lot of quick spellcasting rather than just hitting people with the stick.

Geno’s weapons make him a bit of an unorthodox fighter. He shoots his arms like rockets for rocket punch combos, he uses his fingertip guns for a play style similar to Barret in 7R, and he can use twin machine guns for more combo-centric gunplay.

Bowser throwing Mario is now one of his special abilities instead of one of his weapons and he can do it with any party member. So his weapons are his claws, a ball and chain (chain chomp being one of them), and the big hammer he used in Skylanders.

Finally Peach has her slapping, her frying pan/war fan, and her Umbrella. Her side-b from smash as well as her command over Toads will be added to her lineup of special moves to give her more offensive capability. But she’s still very much the Aerith.

Top Bottom