• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The thing with the Jaws approach that Godzilla 2014 tries to take is that Godzilla still needs to actually be doing **** instead of just swimming 90% of the time. Like, we don't see the shark in Jaws until the end but it's still a constant, tangible presence throughout the movie causing stuff to happen. Godzilla's doing nothing until he gets to Hawaii which we only slightly see on a news report and then nothing again until he gets to SF.

You also have to have an interesting human cast but the movie kills Waltuh off way too early so you're left with Serizawa who's okay and a generic army man.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Adaman in Pokemon Masters View attachment 372642
Two Adaman’s actually:

You just have to have the first to get his alt free.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
only Spider-Man fans would celebrate the death of children…and it’d somehow be a good thing for comic standards

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got a new art commission back, just in time for summer to begin. I'm super happy with how it turned out. 😎
Leaf?

Also random, but do you play Pokémon fan games? Because there’s one I think you will enjoy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Leaf?

Also random, but do you play Pokémon fan games? Because there’s one I think you will enjoy.
Yep, it's Leaf. The what-if fan designs for her are amazing. I really wish I could remember who the original fan artist was, as I knew at one point. 2016 feels forever ago. :ultpokemontrainerf:

I've glanced at them before, but have never really tried any. My computer sucks so I rarely emulate things.

At best, I've bought/played a copy of Pokémon Yellow for NES. I actually made a discovery thread years back. lol

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Two Adaman’s actually:

You just have to have the first to get his alt free.
Two Adamans, even better!
IMG_20180505_231614.jpg

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
An artist on Twitter reached out to me to offer their services. I asked if I could have a few hours to think of an idea and what series as an artist they like to draw, as it was sudden and no rule/price/how they want to be paid sheet was provided. 20 minutes later, I get a message saying they are giving up on me. The entire interaction took less than an hour.

One of the weirder interactions I've had on Twitter. Ironically this was the second artist who reached out to me asking if I could employ their services within the past 24 hours. It's even harder than I thought making a living as an artist I guess.

:drshrug:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yep, it's Leaf. The what-if fan designs for her are amazing. I really wish I could remember who the original fan artist was, as I knew at one point. 2016 feels forever ago. :ultpokemontrainerf:

I've glanced at them before, but have never really tried any. My computer sucks so I rarely emulate things.

At best, I've bought/played a copy of Pokémon Yellow for NES. I actually made a discovery thread years back. lol
I see, one of the big ones recently, is Pokémon Anvil, which is a Kanto remake in the Gen 5 style. I haven’t dived too much into it , but Yellow from the manga seems to be rival and big part of the story. So I’m guessing they might pull some other stuff from the manga, but I haven’t gotten to play it yet.

Also, this one might run a bit iffy, but if you watch let’s plays, then I’d recommend watching Xenoverse because that game has some fun ties into the manga way later into the shorty. The main story also feels like it would fit right in with the manga ones.

And the Leaf pic is great. Still baffling they left her out of Sun and Moon, but then gave her a purpose in Let’s Go.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If you're talking Godzilla 2014, that film is notorious for the fact that Godzilla ironically doesn't have much screen time. He sees some action later on, though.
You do realize every Godzilla film had him only appearing at best for 15 to maybe 20 minutes max right?
Godzilla got like 5 minutes of screentime so far and I'm lowkey getting annoyed, I don't care for the humans, I want Godzilla
Correction.

10-11 minutes.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters has plenty of more screentime for the big monster, IIRC, so I think it's an improvement on that front.
Actually no. He had the same amount of screen time as he did in the 2014 film. He just had more focus and attention, the scenes he appeared in were far longer then his screen time was in the previous film which was more spread apart.

It's hard to pay attention but equalling the screen time in total it was the same.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The thing with the Jaws approach that Godzilla 2014 tries to take is that Godzilla still needs to actually be doing **** instead of just swimming 90% of the time. Like, we don't see the shark in Jaws until the end but it's still a constant, tangible presence throughout the movie causing stuff to happen. Godzilla's doing nothing until he gets to Hawaii which we only slightly see on a news report and then nothing again until he gets to SF.

You also have to have an interesting human cast but the movie kills Waltuh off way too early so you're left with Serizawa who's okay and a generic army man.
Jaws approach didn't work for Godzilla. Two are totally different and not comparable.

I would have also had Ford die instead, Joe realizing his obsession had also cost him his son, becomes determined to stop the MUTOs. I would have also had him fill in the role of Mark Russell in the later films.
Damn you guys actually enjoy this franchise?
It's not just "giant monsters fighting and destroying" but also good human characters which helps makes the movie and its plot stand out more. Something these movies need to work on.

Edit: Screen time for Godzilla of every film he was in (Note: This was before Godzilla vs. Kong was released).

So yeah. Total screen time Godzilla had didn't even scratch a half-hour.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watching Spider-Man: Homecoming made me realize that if Vulture returns to the MCU…do we get stuck with Morbius joining him?

also will the 4th MCU Spidey film finally bring us Scorpion? And in addition, why does the MCU tend to wait long periods of time to pay something off?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It'll never happen but if by some chance Mammoth Mogul appears in the live-action Sonic movies, who do you think would be a good voice actor for him?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know how many times you asked this question and I'm not sure why you keep doing that
This is like only the second time regarding a voice actor. I think you're confusing all the times I brought him up in total for different reasons.

Different contexts exists dude...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Damn you guys actually enjoy this franchise?
Most Godzilla movies aren't padding Godzilla's screen time with scenes of him doing **** all and also aren't pushing two hours of boring family drama.
Godzilla 2014 and KotM are at major fault with this. Skull Island and GvK know what they're doing with the runtime for the most part (I don't care for the conspiracy theorist **** in the latter but you do get a lot of monsters actually doing ****).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Most Godzilla movies aren't padding Godzilla's screen time with scenes of him doing **** all and also aren't pushing two hours of boring family drama.
Godzilla 2014 and KotM are at major fault with this. Skull Island and GvK know what they're doing with the runtime for the most part (I don't care for the conspiracy theorist ** in the latter but you do get a lot of monsters actually doing **).
Kong: Skull Island had the best human cast so far in the MonsterVerse for me. Humans on the Kong side of the story for GvK were decent and tolerable. Madison, Bernie and Josh tho...So unbearable...

As said, they need to improve on their characters or at least what we saw in Kong: Skull Island.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I did watch Kong Skull Island actually, I don't remember much about it other than that Brie Larson was pretty hot

Top Bottom