• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
When was the last one shown? At the start of Fresh? If it doesnt show up this season, maybe its every 2 seasons
I think close to the start of the Fresh season was when Horrorboros was teased on twitter

still haven’t beaten that thing… hopefully on Saturday with the grizzco weapon rotation

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm definitely upset about it tbh, since it feels like such a fakeout.

"I'm joining!"

literal next chapter

Doesn't join

Especially since said character had been built up for 2+ years at that point cause god, Wano was looooooooong

And then there's Carrot who just, got completely side lined and has arguably one of the least interesting or satisfying endings to her arc.

And the wars between these two fans were GRATING.
I was hoping that we'd get both (Yamato in a more traditional way, and Carrot stowing away and revealing that she's on the ship when they're at sea), so the ending of Wano was especially frustrating for me. It made the inclusion of both characters kind of feel like a waste of time. (since, at the very least, it raised the question of why they were introduced)

Shroob

Sup?
I was hoping that we'd get both (Yamato in a more traditional way, and Carrot stowing away and revealing that she's on the ship when they're at sea), so the ending of Wano was especially frustrating for me. It made the inclusion of both characters kind of feel like a waste of time. (since, at the very least, it raised the question of why they were introduced)
Well the why is easy.

Merchandise.

Yamato got a ton, and it was clearly successful since they kept making it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the stable Spiders
As a Sonic fan, a Sonic game is gonna have to look really good for me to pay 70$ for it.
it’d have to be Zelda or Spider-Man 2 levels of good looking to be worth the $70
My reaction?

I mean, prices do go up, but this is too much.
watch games cost $100 for a standard edition copy

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well the why is easy.

Merchandise.

Yamato got a ton, and it was clearly successful since they kept making it.
I mean more from a storytelling perspective. If they needed someone to introduce the Sulong ability and make us feel bad about what happened to Pedro, Pekoms was right there, and Momo already had a literal army's worth of bodyguards. (Plus, Yamato spent two plus years of real time talking about how they wanted to leave Wano, set out to sea, and join the Straw Hats, only for them to decide at the last possible minute to not do any of those for the foreseeable future)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that it's on streaming, I gave the Mario movie a third watch.

It's pretty fun, though some stuff is really weird. Like Mario was now a kid instead of an adult for some reason. And he very clearly wasn't voiced by Chris Pratt.

And the Mushroom Kingdom just kinda looked like some town in Montana. And he was hanging with James Marsden and Tika Sumpter. And Bowser didn't even look like a koopa, he was just a guy. He kind of looked like the dude who played the Grinch, now that I think about it. Luigi was nowhere to be found.

Also Mario had super speed. And he was blue. And a rodent.

They took a lot of liberties with this movie, but it was still really enjoyable. 7.5/10 Wario is a fox now I guess.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now that it's on streaming, I gave the Mario movie a third watch.

It's pretty fun, though some stuff is really weird. Like Mario was now a kid instead of an adult for some reason. And he very clearly wasn't voiced by Chris Pratt.

And the Mushroom Kingdom just kinda looked like some town in Montana. And he was hanging with James Marsden and Tika Sumpter. And Bowser didn't even look like a koopa, he was just a guy. He kind of looked like the dude who played the Grinch, now that I think about it. Luigi was nowhere to be found.

Also Mario had super speed. And he was blue. And a rodent.

They took a lot of liberties with this movie, but it was still really enjoyable. 7.5/10 Wario is a fox now I guess.
I've figured out the problem. You didn't watch the Mario movie a third time.

You watched Detective Pikachu.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Never heard of Hellblade before. Brutal Legend is good. Jack Black is always enjoyable.
This is actually a surprise twist. Hellblade Senua’s Sacrafice? Ninja Theory’s darling from a few years ago that lead to Microsoft buying them.

But yeah. I wanna play Brutal Legend. I just don’t know if I should skip sleeping to do it.

Shroob

Sup?
This is actually a surprise twist. Hellblade Senua’s Sacrafice? Ninja Theory’s darling from a few years ago that lead to Microsoft buying them.

But yeah. I wanna play Brutal Legend. I just don’t know if I should skip sleeping to do it.
Yep. Neeeeeeever heard of that one game b4.

Granted, I don't have an Xbox.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yep. Neeeeeeever heard of that one game b4.

Granted, I don't have an Xbox.
It was on everything before Microsoft bought Ninja Theory. It didn’t even start on Xbox, it’s platforms of origin were PS4 and PC. It’s still on the friggin switch!

I’m not trying to argue or anything I’m just flabbergasted that someone has heard of Brütal Legend but not Hellblade when that game was the talk of the town a few years ago and was winning all kinds of awards.

Shroob

Sup?
It was on everything before Microsoft bought Ninja Theory. It didn’t even start on Xbox, it’s platforms of origin were PS4 and PC. It’s still on the friggin switch!

I’m not trying to argue or anything I’m just flabbergasted that someone has heard of Brütal Legend but not Hellblade when that game was the talk of the town a few years ago and was winning all kinds of awards.
I may know of Brutal Legend because it had a Team Fortress 2 cross promotion. :4pacman:

That, and I was a Tenacious D fan back in the day.

Top Bottom