• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also based on the trailer intro, Wade 100%
escaped his universe’s destruction. The group he is with are going to be variants. Ain’t now way his wife would call him bud, combined with the disguise, the time gape, him saying it’s been a rough year, and the. The TVA show up.

They definitely all died, and maybe he meets them in the void.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh oh.......TVA is brought up for the whole MCU timeline mess.
gonna be a real challenge without Loki and Mobius
Now this is how you do a Marvel movie baby! :D
by being an MCU movie?
Also based on the trailer intro, Wade 100%
escaped his universe’s destruction. The group he is with are going to be variants. Ain’t now way his wife would call him bud, combined with the disguise, the time gape, him saying it’s been a rough year, and the. The TVA show up.

They definitely all died, and maybe he meets them in the void.
that’s a possibility, but it’ll also depend on everyone else’s timeline (Wolverine’s especially). Having to figure out who is from where, and which worlds died is gonna be fun…and to also figure out who has that great Beast design we saw in The Marvels.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean.. I also think 64 is mid too. Haven’t played enough of Sunshine or Galaxy to judge but like… its just not that remarkable if you compare it to stuff other than other Mario games.
Why how dare you...

Super Mario 64 was a childhood game of mine that I loved. It was so great, it deserves its praise.

I have not played the other 3D Mario games, but I am sure they deserve their praise too.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I disagree.

Heavily.

One of the best, most joyful games ever made.

Let's do the Odyssey~
I mean... I guess I can't fault you for being into it. But like... I only think it's ok. Not amazing, but not terrible either.
Why how dare you...

Super Mario 64 was a childhood game of mine that I loved. It was so great, it deserves its praise.

I have not played the other 3D Mario games, but I am sure they deserve their praise too.
It might have been revolutionary for it's time and magical if you played it as a kid, but it's aged like milk and you know it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It might have been revolutionary for it's time and magical if you played it as a kid, but it's aged like milk and you know it.
The graphics, maybe, but the game still has a special place in my heart. It is still a classic, for good reason.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's why I've said it's aged poorly.

But also the movement is bad too. I lost count of the amount of times I tried moving straight and I moved left or right. And these joycons do NOT have drift.
I played it using the N64 controller back then. Though no offense, but maybe you just aren't that good. The movement controls are not that bad.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I played it using the N64 controller back then. Though no offense, but maybe you just aren't that good. The movement controls are not that bad.
You can't call "skill issues" when I'm having trouble moving in a straight line in a platformer. This happens with no other game I play. The controls are garbo. You're just used to them.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You can't call "skill issues" when I'm having trouble moving in a straight line in a platformer. This happens with no other game I play. The controls are garbo. You're just used to them.
I think it is still a skill issue on your part, and maybe you should try a different controller. If they were garbo, I would not have been able to play it back then much or at all.

So, are you done? I don't want this to drag-on.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sometime this week, Xbox has a business update event and a potential Nintendo Direct could happen.

Going to be interesting for sure.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You know, when I was a kid and knew only very little about Pokemon I thought Darkrai was like... the ultimate villain and biggest bad of the series. Now I know more... kind of sad he isn't a bigger deal.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, when I was a kid and knew only very little about Pokemon I thought Darkrai was like... the ultimate villain and biggest bad of the series. Now I know more... kind of sad he isn't a bigger deal.
He used to be a big deal.

Then Smeargle made its knees get broken.

Shroob

Sup?
Is that something from the movie he was in? I remember he had a movie, and that's why I thought he was important.
Nah.

Smeargle's gimmick is it can copy any move with Sketch.

Darkrai has a move that in a double battle puts both opponents asleep.

Smeargle could sketch it, and while Darkrai wasn't legal to use competitively, Smeargle was.

So when the nerf hammer came down, they made it so Smeargle couldn't copy the move, while also nerfing the hell out of the move.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Nah.

Smeargle's gimmick is it can copy any move with Sketch.

Darkrai has a move that in a double battle puts both opponents asleep.

Smeargle could sketch it, and while Darkrai wasn't legal to use competitively, Smeargle was.

So when the nerf hammer came down, they made it so Smeargle couldn't copy the move, while also nerfing the hell out of the move.
Oh.... competative stuff...

I was talking about like... him being one of the definitive "villain pokemon" the way Mewtwo is.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The pivotal scene in Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai involves a Smeargle taking a crowbar and just ****ing up Darkrai's knees. It's pretty brutal.
I especially like that one-liner Smeargle gives after beating the **** out of Darkrai:

"How come Flabebe/Minior/Alcremie get alternate color forms that aren't shinies but not me? There's supposed to be Smeargle that produce blue or yellow paint too! And red without being shiny!"

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I mean tbf it is. Darkrai literally kills people.

Also, Mewtwo ain't really a villain. It's more a tragic character.
Yeah. But Mewtwo is the final boss of Pokken, Giovanni has one in Masters, has two mega evoltions, and of course made it into Smash. He's the Joker to Pikachu's Batman.

Darkrai may be pretty evil, but he's not as prevalent in the franchise as I thought he was as a kid is all.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fortnite fans are going mad again.

Tonight an emote was added where a character dances with a scythe.

The song used is Insane by BlackGryph0n.

People have called it a Hazbin Hotel emote because of this (it’s not a official collab per say).
No it does not cost 50k to buy.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
SpongeBob made a joke about 25 being Leonardo DiCaprio’s dating history

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Dukefire

Smash Master
Now, I wonder if the direct is appearing this week. Not to fire up curiosity and/or anxiety.
20240210_200626.jpg

Top Bottom