• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They're already discussing banning Wake
Man I didn't know Crasher Wake became real and is playing on Showdown

What is he saying the N word every time his Floatzel faints or something

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Final predictions for the presents:

Random recap video with a song by Katy Perry, instantly copy right striking videos.

Gens1-3 on switch, all shadow dropped, spin-off games are mentioned to be coming later.

Pokken 2

Mobile games get a quick highlight

Roy will be confirmed to be related to Ash somehow. Ash will leave the show but be in movies still.

New Mystery dungeon, not a remake. Twist is you’ve always been a Pokémon. Someone else in the story was human and meant to save the world. However dimensional rifts have messed with reality.

DLC for SV. Only one, but it is totally different based on your version. Takes you deeper in the crater and to the mountains.

No Sleep

No Detective Pikachu.

New raid event with legendary Pokémon from gens 1-3. All can be shiny.

Darkhoclosing announcement:

Pokémon Warriors, early 2024.
So how wrong were you? (I didn't watch the presents)

Shroob

Sup?
The thing that makes me happiest is that the game actually feels like it ****ing works now.

I've barely encountered any slow down after the patch, and the time I have has been due to the Desert/Snow particle effects spawning.

Otherwise? Game feels great.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The thing that makes me happiest is that the game actually feels like it ****ing works now.

I've barely encountered any slowly down after the patch, and the time I have has been due to the Desert/Snow particle effects spawning.

Otherwise? Game feels great.
I feel trapped by Scar/Viol. Because there are so many pokemon in that game I want to use. But they changed the formula in a way I know I won't enjoy... so what do I do...

I mean maybe if the game went on sale I'd try it for like... $15. But it's never going to not be $60.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The fact that Pokemon Sleep is actually a thing apparently startles me.

Thanks for making me happy for a minute Z25 Z25 just at the thought of both of those games existing. I think we both knew they wouldn't. But the thought made me happy.
There's nothing startling about Pokemon Sleep!

You can rest easy at night knowing your trusty partner Pokemon is watching over you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel trapped by Scar/Viol. Because there are so many pokemon in that game I want to use. But they changed the formula in a way I know I won't enjoy... so what do I do...

I mean maybe if the game went on sale I'd try it for like... $15. But it's never going to not be $60.
Y'know, there's nothing stopping you from just heading straight for every objective.

The gyms, titans, and Team Star bases actually have a linear level progression. You can just tackle them in any order you choose.

If you wanted, you could just do everything in the correct order. Running straight from gym to titan to base to gym, without taking a single step of exploration. Seems pretty linear to me.

Unless of course the lack of a literal straight path to follow is what bothers you. In which case, do what you will :drshrug:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You can rest easy at night knowing your trusty partner Pokemon is watching over you.
Nelson used Turn-Off-Phone-At-Night-To-Save-Battery-Life

It's super effective

Pokemon Sleep fainted

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Y'know, there's nothing stopping you from just heading straight for every objective.

The gyms, titans, and Team Star bases actually have a linear level progression. You can just tackle them in any order you choose.

If you wanted, you could just do everything in the correct order. Running straight from gym to titan to base to gym, without taking a single step of exploration. Seems pretty linear to me.

Unless of course the lack of a literal straight path to follow is what bothers you. In which case, do what you will :drshrug:
I can tackle it that way I guess. I just wish there was a way to force it without me having to keep track (like most RPG stories do, even in their open ended maps, you still have to go where the story wants you to to progress), but I guess if I have to keep track of it I can do it like this....

Shroob

Sup?
When someone goes about making a Living Dex, how does one do it?

Do you need to include all the Extra forms too, or just the ones that have a visible difference ala Maus 3 and 4.

Noipoi

Howdy!
When someone goes about making a Living Dex, how does one do it?

Do you need to include all the Extra forms too, or just the ones that have a visible difference ala Maus 3 and 4.
I'm pretty sure it means every single form of a Pokemon that can be regarded as distinct. So all gender differences, all the Alcremies, three-segment Dudunsparce, family of 3 Maushold, and so on.

With the exception of Spinda, because that'd just be ridiculous.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure it means every single form of a Pokemon that can be regarded as distinct. So all gender differences, all the Alcremies, three-segment Dudunsparce, family of 3 Maushold, and so on.

Yeah there's like over 3 billion Spinda forms (thanks Lockstin!)...

how did Spinda translate into 3D by the way? I always wondered. Does the gimmick still hold?

Shroob

Sup?

Was thinking about doing that for Scarlet, so that doesn't sound too ba---

Vivillon

:drsad:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Was thinking about doing that for Scarlet, so that doesn't sound too ba---

Vivillon

:drsad:
I've heard somewhere that you won't literally need to travel the world to get those Pokemon Go postcards, so it shouldn't require a hundred plane trips.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Accept that lots of things in life are outside of your control, but that you still learn to roll with it and make the most of what you can.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
She's racist

I CAN FIX HER
Gamefreak 2/2 for making racist DLC rivals, fyi if there's any ladies who look and act like Klara out there, just know that I'm single and-

Now if she ends up being 16 or some **** this post will be scrubbed from the site, you will not catch me lacking

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Me, a Sun enjoyer

"Well, Mega Zard Y isn't in the games anymore, and Venusaur got cut, but this Gen looks promising for Sun teams!"

Chi-Yu banned

Walking Wake probably getting banned

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna pick up the DLC sometime today.

I'm impressed on how well the game runs now so, **** it, they get my buck.

Top Bottom