• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Now when is Home support coming? I need to start a new playthrough with a new team so that I can play the DLC without stomping through all the trainers

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I love Suicune, I love dinosaurs, and I love dragons.

Walking Wake is...honestly a little funky looking, but I'll still take it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Awakening should’ve let Chrom married Mobin instead of the inferior Fobin when the chance was had (I’m sure Sumia would’ve accepted it after giving birth to Lucina)
I think they should've just let them have children without explaining how. Was magic involved? Is one of them trans? Chrom just that determined to change fate?

Schrödinger's offspring.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think they should've just let them have children without explaining how. Was magic involved? Is one of them trans? Chrom just that determined to change fate?

Schrödinger's offspring.
Chroms nut- [post deleted]

The real news of the update

1677517113497.png
Shofu gonna love that

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh hang on Ogrepon's shape looks kinda like a peach to me, is it gonna be the oni and Momotaro?
IMG_20230227_175218.png

The other green parts that I didn't colour in look like leaves, so Don Momotaro's sunglasses as a comparison
what-are-your-thoughts-on-don-momotaro-so-far-v0-x96py8edb9y81.jpg

The green bit on top probably being a stalk. That's actually really interesting, having a legendary based on both the hero and the villain of a fairy tale

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also based on that leak, not only is the Switch 2 next year, it we are also getting a graphics update to the game. How good do you think it’s gonna look?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Catch up time
  • Robo Pika!
  • Meh on competitive
  • Gen 1 TCG? Interesting
  • Don't have Netflix
  • Bleh on mobile
  • Sleep came out of its coma???
  • Book Paradoxes not being DLC is cool
  • SV DLC looks interesting with some neat looking mons.
  • RIP in Pepperoni Kalos
  • Had a feeling NSO would be absent
  • Detective Pikachu game still stuck on the cliffhanger... :glare:

So not bad of a show IMO

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So they're just raids, huh?

How difficult are they?
Their signatures moves are 80 base power. They're Tera'd into those types. So 160 base power. They start the raid by using Sunny Day or Elec Terrain, boosting their attacking stat quite a bit. Those signature moves also get a 1.5 power boost when in sun/elec terrain, so they get a 240 base move to hit you with turn 1. Wake also lowers your offences with Noble Roar while Leaves can SD.

So yeah pretty tough

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
God, don't even remind me of the Libra.

I hate that section of the Forest Naval due to how narrow it is. Between that and the fire geysers, I feel like that's one of the worst spots in the entire game.
I remember it cost me at least one playthrough of the game. Thankfully one of the things the Wii version fixed was programming it to reappear on the small mountain if it falls into the abyss.

It makes me wonder if that's one of the reasons why the Forest Navel is the only area from Pikmin 1 to not reappear at all in Pikmin 2 in some form.

Honestly, that's some of the charm of the original Pikmin. The 'bosses' felt like truly mysterious and dangerous, if not paranormal, lifeforms. Whereas Pikmin 2 dials it back a lot on it aside from 2 moments,

1 being the one that everyone remembers.

and 1 being the ****ING BEADY LONG LEGS IN BASE that just randomly appears one day with barely any warning in the Perplexing Pool.
As much as I adore Pikmin 2 and the franchise in general, I strongly agree with this.

You've got the extremely weird Goolix and also fairly weird Mamuta in the Impact Site, the Burrowing Snagrets have no warning unless you watched the trailers, the only warning you get for the Beady Long Legs is that the giant arena it's found in is otherwise bizarrely empty before it appears, and the Smoky Progg is the most bizarre and eldritch of them all, and it's only backstory is that it might be the larval form of a Mamuta. This despite the fact that it doesn't reappear in Pikmin 2, where Mamuta are more common.

The bosses in Pikmin 2 can still provide a good shock and challenge, but aside from some of the endgame caves, you always know when to expect them. The only exceptions are the one everyone remembers, and most of the surface level bosses. The mountain Snagret caught me off-guard, admittedly, but not as much as that rampaging Beady Long Legs. That's enough to shock any new player.

I'd argue the final boss of 2 itself is shrouded in mystery, however.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh hang on Ogrepon's shape looks kinda like a peach to me, is it gonna be the oni and Momotaro?
View attachment 368744
The other green parts that I didn't colour in look like leaves, so Don Momotaro's sunglasses as a comparison
View attachment 368745
The green bit on top probably being a stalk. That's actually really interesting, having a legendary based on both the hero and the villain of a fairy tale
They other legrndaries shown off are a bird, a dog, and a monkey, which are the same animals from Momotaro's story in myth so.

Yeah, lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also I see I didn't miss that much from Pokemon Presents. New Paradox Pokemon and an app that people can't agree on seem to be the highlights.

I actually still need to play ScarVio lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the chun soft copyright was removed from the presents site. I wonder if a mystery dungeon came was meant to show up here but they decided not to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom