• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So how wrong were you? (I didn't watch the presents)
Extremely, basically only got one thing right which was the inevitable DLC

Edit: actually he was wrong on the specifics of that too
I got right that there’s no detective pikachu lol.

I’ll take the mostly L though, as did many other predictors. I’d also argue that to get to the festival and the blueberry academy, we are probably taking a path through those mountains.

There’s no transportation system in Paldea, so I’m betting like The trailer, there is a bus to take us to mask land, and a boat to take us to the academy.

The other DLC brings us back to the crater for sure.
The fact that Pokemon Sleep is actually a thing apparently startles me.

Thanks for making me happy for a minute Z25 Z25 just at the thought of both of those games existing. I think we both knew they wouldn't. But the thought made me happy.
Lol your welcome. Granted I don’t think Pokken 2 is totally impossible. I could see Namco make one eventually.

A warriors game sounds crazy but I could see it also eventually happen. Same way I think mushroom kingdom warriors is going to come eventually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
WAHAHAHAHAHA
View attachment 368774
THIS IS A FESTIVAL PEOPLE, A FESTIVAL!

Also leaked footage of Ogrepon's signature move against Shiny Sharpedo
I saw people theorize these and the statues are depictions of pre evolutions to the ones we saw, but alternate forms could also work.
Ya know, the way they describe the 2nd DLC

And an emphasis on Battling

Almost makes me copium hopeful for some kind of battle facility.
I think the second one is the battle facility. With you going to the school to battle the best of the best after the mask festival and the return to area zero.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So uh, I guess I should ask the question:

What Is in the upper corner of Paldea? The one we can't access yet despite being on the map?
Possibly the first DLC? It's right next to the very Japanese-inspired area after all.
This, the trailer showed the player taking a bus to the festival. With no public transit in Paldea, I think the mountains must hold the key to traveling.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I saw people theorize these and the statues are depictions of pre evolutions to the ones we saw, but alternate forms could also work.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak genuinely took inspiration from Avataro Sentai Donbrothers here cause it's one thing to use the legend of Momotaro and announce it the literal next day after said Sentai has it's finale but also the masks in that pic oddly add up with a blue monkey and pink pheasant. I've also seen loads of crossover fanart which is just gorgeous

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Why are starters mostly male?
I'd assume Breeding. They don't want it to be easy peesy obtaining duplicates, as mothers determine what species the offspring is.

It's kind of null and void when you discover the Ditto formula, but hey, for a casual player, it is definitely a roadblock.

Shroob

Sup?
Why is Pokémon so against giving me a feminine starter again.

If you try to sell me on Quaquaval you know nothing about how birds work.
Poke answered ya lol.

It's to make breeding harder. Starters are supposed to be "special", so while they're not opposed to it, they want you to work for it.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Skeledirge or Kingambit crush it.
Chi-Yu and Gholdengo I've found are also very good answers.
Why is Pokémon so against giving me a feminine starter again.

If you try to sell me on Quaquaval you know nothing about how birds work.
Meowscarada is probably the closest you'll get in that category from recent gens, as Primarina isn't in the game (Not yet, anyways.)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Chi-Yu and Gholdengo I've found are also very good answers.

Meowscarada is probably the closest you'll get in that category from recent gens, as Primarina isn't in the game (Not yet, anyways.)
And yet even then that line is more based on combining a jester with a zorro type Spanish rogue so…

I miss when we dependably had a feminine starter. Delphox, Primarina, trend ends.

Shroob

Sup?
And yet even then that line is more based on combining a jester with a zorro type Spanish rogue so…

I miss when we dependably had a feminine starter. Delphox, Primarina, trend ends.
I mean

I guess I can say this since Ramen won't bonk me anymore but

Holy hell does Meowscarada have like, an ungodly amount of that art.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Delphox and Primarina back to back wasn't a pattern, it was a fluke :drshrug:

I actually have a soft spot for ladylike starters, so I wouldn't mind another.
It looked like a pattern when they did it twice in a row. Then they stopped. And I wish they hadn’t.

Like… I don’t know. It’s so hard to get attached to a starter which is the whole point of a starter. They might as well let me go nab a baby Tinkatink at this point and skip the interaction with the professor.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Skeledirge is SkeleBASED
The thing that kills me about Skeledirge is that like, a lot of modern starters are humanoids doing human things as their shtick.

But Skeledirge is a regular, non-anthropomorphic old croc doing human things and that's way funnier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom